All reviews private pool patio restaurant horse riding morning yoga class duplex villa fabulous hotel mini zoo call to prayer fantastic stay beef rendang hotel driver large bathroom main restaurant surrounding villages sunrise tour mosquito net village tour
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We stayed 2days and 2 nights in the beautiful exclusive villa. It was a rejuvenating stay.the villa was huge with a private plunge pool and a separate sitting area outside the room.The villa had garden all around which provided utmost privacy.The resort has two restaurants- 1)Colonial style patio and 2)The Stupa.
Will like to mention here that we are vegetarians so upon special request the hotel chef prepared some excellent vegetarian dishes.
The Padma spa was below expectation.one day for a particular treatment they hired someone local who was not professional.rest of the experience was good.
The Staff at the resort was very attentive and helpful and friendly.Cleanliness and maintenance was 5*.We extended our stay here.That speakes for itself about the resort.Had a relaxing and good stay.
Thank you Plataran resort and spa team!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear Jayame,
Greeting from Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa and delighted to hear from you.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed every little touches during your stay with us especialy your Executive Villa. We will certainly share this message to the entire team and appreciate your kindness for leaving us very positive review and recommendation of Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa. We certainly look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back in near future in our Truly Indonesian Icon properties. Best regards, Dewa Sunarya.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful weekend break the resort thanks to the staff hospitality and service. Cleanliness and quality of food (both breakfast n dinner) were excellent. Both meals had decent international cuisine options as well.

The executive pool villa (#218), was very nice with the room, toilet, pool and poolside garden maintained well. Complete privacy and silence.

Spa treatment was good.

Worth the money we paid for a good 3D/2N weekend getaway. THANK YOU Plataran Resort & Spa team, keep up the good work.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Vikas M, Greeting from Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa and delighted to hear from you.
We thank you very much and are very grateful for your time writing a very fantastic review of Plataran Borobudur Resorts & Spa. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed every little touches during your stay with us. We will certainly share this message to the entire team and appreciate your kindness for leaving us very positive review and recommendation of Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa. We certainly look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back in near future in our Truly Indonesian Icon properties. Best regards, Dewa Sunarya.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I would give the Plataran Borobudur Resort more than 5 stars if I could! I cannot say enough good things about it! I booked two nights here at the last minute when I had an opportunity to be in the area for work. After one night, I pushed my flight back a day and extended my stay by one night for a total of three nights. I would have stayed longer if I could have. I travel a lot for work and pleasure and this is the best place I've stayed in a long time.

My villa was beautiful! A combination of traditional architecture and modern comfort (including very good wifi). It was very spacious with probably the most comfortable bed and pillows I’ve slept on in years. The villa was set amidst beautiful landscaping and felt totally private. It was an extremely relaxing setting. The view from the lounge chairs by the villa’s pool was majestic! I looked out at mountains and lush vegetation which added to the sense of total privacy.

The rest of the resort is beautifully designed as well. The restaurants have views of Borobudur Temple and a telescope is set-up to get a closer look. There is a nice pavilion where free yoga classes are held each morning. I attended two of the classes and really enjoyed doing yoga in the open natural surroundings. There is also a very comfortable rooftop deck above the lobby that also looks out towards the Borobudur Temple.

I ate every meal at the resort and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. There is a wide selection and the presentation of each dish was always nice. They also took great care to make sure that my dietary restrictions were taken care of and even surprised me one morning with a yummy, gluten free chocolate loaf cake!

One of the best things about this resort is the staff. They were all so friendly and attentive. I’ve found that in general, hotel staff throughout Indonesia tend to be pleasant and friendly, but the staff here was really a cut above. Everyone - the resort manager, restaurant manager, food and beverage manager, wait staff, groundskeepers, yoga instructors, etc., were so personable and always had a ready smile. They were always ready to help with any little thing I needed.

In addition to going to the Borobudur Temple for sunrise, I also did some of the “encounters” the resort offers including jamu making and batik classes. Both were fun and allowed for interaction with some of the local villagers who come to the resort to give the classes. While we had some language challenges, part of the fun was trying to bridge that gap. We’d end up laughing at ourselves when we would finally figure out what we were trying to communicate.

I’d never heard of Plataran Resorts before, but my stay at the Plataran Borobudur was a fantastic introduction. I hope to be able to try some of their other resorts in the future. I would highly recommend this resort if you are planning a trip to Borobudur. I hope I have an opportunity to make it back one day.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Our Valuable Guest, Greeting from Borobudur and delighted to hear from you.
We thank you very much and are very grateful for spending your time writing a very fantastic review of Plataran Borobudur Resorts & Spa. I'm pleased knowing that you enjoyed every little touches during your stay with us. We will certainly share this message to the entire team and appreciate your kindness for leaving positive review and recommendation of Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa. We certainly look forward the opportunity to welcoming you back in near future in our Truly Indonesian Icon properties. Best regards, Dewa Sunarya.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights in an Executive Pool Villa. Huge wooden detached chalet-style villa, set in its own walled garden with all the facilities you would expect of a hotel of this standard, including our own plunge pool.
Two restaurants; the colonial-style Patio serving western and Indonesian food, is on-site and situated right next to a beautiful swimming pool. The Stupa, serving Indonesian food is located by the conference centre - the hotel will transport you there and back (no charge).
We had breakfast included with our room rate, and also had one complimentary afternoon tea at The Patio.
We bought dinner one night at The Patio and one at The Stupa and enjoyed both.
The hotel has a fabulous spa with treatment rooms overlooking the Borobudur temple with is stunning.
The hotel can provide a range of excursions and activities for an additional charge. If you wander outside the grounds, most afternoons the locals are racing their pigeons which is interesting to watch.
Without exception, the staff are warm and friendly, and can't do enough to help you. This is a beautiful, deluxe resort and we could have easily stayed another day!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Pushkin007, We are very grateful for your fantastic review of Plataran Borobudur Resorts & Spa. I'm pleased you enjoyed our all little touches during your stay, and we are keeping our products & services improvement from time to time in order to satisfy our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Yogyakarta. Best regards, Dewa Sunarya.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Greeted nicely with the usual towel and refreshing drink. The check-in took a while and i felt like the staff could have maybe explained more about their property or perhaps told us about the spa or restaurant or something whilst we were waiting. Our Villa was quite a while away and the golf cart drive was for quite some minutes. Upon asking if we needed a cart every time to get back to reception or the pool or the restaurant, the reply was yes. This made us quite upset to be so far away but when we called to ask if they had closer villas, they said no but there were steps we could climb to get to the pool/lobby/restaurant. There were about 150 steps so not the end of the world but had this been explained to us, we wouldn't have been in such a bad mood on arrival. However, everything was amazing- the food exquisite, the pool clean and regularly attended to, the staff wonderfully kind and attentive. Would recommend to all. There is a nearby facility/hotel being built so there is a little noise but not too much to distract.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
plataranindonesia, General Manager at Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Dear Jennifer Louise, We are very grateful for your fantastic review of Plataran Borobudur Resorts & Spa. I'm pleased you enjoyed our little touches during your stay, and we are keeping our products & services improvement from time to time in order to satisfy our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Yogyakarta. Best regards, Dewa Sunarya.