“Best food in the area!!!”
Review of The Sportsman Inn

The Sportsman Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Amberley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sportsman Inn is a public house offering a selection of local and Cornish real ales and delicious pub food. We have 5 en-suite B&B rooms with spectacular views over the Amberley Brooks.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Heard it was under new management and came down for lunch with my family, best lunch I’ve had in a few years! Highly recommend! Really welcoming atmosphere! Nice beers on and the best food for miles!!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What an excellent pub. We went here in late March for an evening meal after a long walk on the south downs and were really impressed. The pub has a welcoming feel upon entering with friendly staff and good spaces for drinkers and diners. The food was excellent - just the right mix of pub and restaurant fayre. But what is truly special about this place are the views from the back room. As we tucked into our wine and lovely food we were able to take in the rather special sight of dozens of deer cavorting around in the valley below. So 5 stars - unique location and experience with a pub doing what it does very, very well.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying literally a few doors down so were happy just for the convenience, but in actual fact this pub/restaurant is a goldmine. A well thought out menu of standards and seasonal specials that will cater for most everyone. Our table chose sausages and mash, The Sportsman Burger (a huge beef burger with generous sides), and a Buttermilk Chicken Burger. Excellent service and good value considering the portions and quality of ingredients. Booking recommended - we were there on a Monday at 7 at the start of the holiday season and it was pretty busy!

1  Thank danieljamesparsons
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t thank the new owners and staff enough for the outstanding food and service we received today ! Real value for money .
We visited today after hearing it was under new management and had re opened! We booked a table for 8. It was a lovely clean pub with stunning views! The staff are very attentive , the menu suited us all ! We had 2 vegetarians in our group ! Loads of choices and loads gluten free! We all really enjoyed our meals! The pub was absolutely packed ! People even ordered food to eat at the bar as all the tables had been occupied inside and out ! Unfortunately the only thing I can’t comment on was the puddings!!! As I had no space left they don’t scrimp on portion size ! I squeezed in a coffee at the end that was also amazing! I will definitely be recommending this little gem to all ! Think iv found my new regular!!! Well done guys was such a lovely experience! X

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This great little pub has very recently reopened after a few months in mothballs so this review is based on the setting and the extraordinary view over the Amberley Wild Brooks.

It’s situated in the shadow of the South Downs (just off the South Downs Way) and has five very nice B&B rooms.

Lee and Sophie have taken it on and it’s early days of course. But if you are in the area I’d encourage you to pop in. The Harvey’s is good and I’m looking forward to trying the burger.

2  Thank Olly G