2,457 results
All reviews golf course peppa pig sauna and steam room swimming pool leisure facilities lovely hotel bar food cooked breakfast enjoyable stay a lovely stay plenty of parking an overnight stay one night stay feature room winchester restaurant new forest slippers
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Local stay to get away ticked all the boxes got a great rate on booking! Large bed,bath,tea making facilities also have complimentary late check out when requested. Use of spa pool steam would return! Maybe try breakfast on the next visit

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hemant V, Hotel Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Samantha W,

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and as you said hopefully next time when you book its with brealafst and dinner in our Winchester restaurant.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

My husband and I visited this spa to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The spa staff were friendly. The spa is great if you just want to relax. The pool is not huge and there was no Jacuzzi but the Sauna and steam room were available. My only criticism is that there are not enough Loungers for guests and not everyone wishes to sit in an upright chair to relax.
The pool is difficult to enter if disabled however the staff are more than happy to help and it was 10 out of 10 as a venue for disability.
We visited the restaurant and the food is amazing. It is slightly expensive but the quality is very good. The waiters and waitresses are amazing.
We stayed over night and the room was clean and well prepared.
This is definitely a spa and hotel that I would return too. The treatments we had which were back massages were brilliant.
My only criticism is that I am disabled and we did inform the hotel that I had limited mobility. Unfortunately, we were placed in a room where we had to walk down two flights of stairs to access the room. It would have been nice if the staff had taken the disability into account when allocating the room, however I am sure that if I had spoken to the staff they would have catered for my needs.
This is an amazing hotel and I would stay here again

Room tip: We were in room 119 which was very nice
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear karenkent1,

Thank you for posting a positive review and glad you enjoyed your overall stay and service at Botley we do have accesible rooms on the same level and on the day they both where taken I am sorry if this caused you any inconvenience and I hope to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Everywhere was clean. Close to Peppa pig world. Pool was fab and this was the main reason for choosing this hotel. Only negative, breakfast was just ok. Could have been better. I would go back with family again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Nic01ek,

Glad you enjoyed your ovearll stay and hope to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I booked a Spa Break with a friend. We came at around 2pm and the room was not ready , we asked if we can use the Spa in the meantime. We expected robes & slippers, but they said we can only give them to you after you checked in. The Spa area was outdated and the lockers are a nightmare. Dinner was tasty, but the service was very slow. Took us 30min to order the drinks. The hair dryer in the room did not worked properly as no air came out, tried to press the button harder and got an electric shock. My friend booked as treatment a pedicure and got a foot massage instead, they did not apologized. We will not come back.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Cookiespain,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback i am sorry about the issues you had during your stay and will be sharing this with the relevant Managers to avoid this from happening again. With regards to the pedicure as you had booked a 25 minute treatment this only includes foot treatment we do offer other treatments but they are 50 minutes and are charged at a different price I am sorry if you where not informed about this during your booking. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to write a brief review on the service received at the hotel. Absolutely amazing!

Firstly we booked a room for 6 of us, they gave us 2 very spacious inteconnecting rooms, not over priced.

We took a blow up bed for my 3 year old son. The pump broke, I mentioned it to reception hoping for a suggestion, they immediately sent house keeping to our room with a pump to blow our bed up. They also bought in bedding etc for it so I didn’t have to use what I had bought with us without me having to ask.

We also left our car key in the bar in the evening, a member of staff remembered me the next morning and told me our key was at reception. All this on bank holiday weekend with 2 weddings going on, I thought they went above and beyond!

We have been fortunate enough to stay in some amazing luxurious hotels around the world but this is some of the best service I have ever received.

Lovely little place would not hesitate in booking again! Ideal location for peppa pig world!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jo F

Dear Jo F,
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review and glad you enjoyed the service and your overall stay and hope to welcome you back soon again.