“Good sweet potato fries”
Review of Brewery bar

Brewery bar
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Botley
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Botley, the Brewery Bar offers a fun and friendly atmosphere whether it be at the end of a busy day at work or at leisure, a weekend escape or an evening out with friends or family.
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Went there for dinner with 3 others. Had the sea food pie, which was not impressive. Neither was the pie with meat and mushrooms. The burgers were good though. And the sweet potato fries awesome. The place offers also a big selection of dishes and drinks - some interesting cocktails too.

Helen W, Owner at Brewery bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy some of the meals that you ordered. In particular, our steak pie is our most popular dish and always commented on so I am disappointed that it was not satisfactory for you. Our staff would have been happy to listen to any complaints you may have had and offer a resolution or compensation. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The food and staff was amazing. We only went in for a quick drink and the smell just dragged us in to staying for the evening and eating as well. Would defiantly recommend and will return. 10 out of 10

Helen W, Owner at Brewery bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thank you for the lovely review, I'm glad to hear you were tempted to stay and dine with us and that you enjoyed your evening so much. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I booked for a Friday night, a big mistake. This pub is not a food pub. The food was average and the pub was too busy to enjoy the meal.

Helen W, Owner at Brewery bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent visit. Being a village pub, we can get very busy at the weekends. We always try to reserve tables for diners in the quieter 'restaurant' end of the pub and offer table service wherever possible, so it is disappointing that you weren't able to enjoy your evening on this occasion.
As you can see from other reviews, most of our customers enjoy our lively pub atmosphere and we have had many positive comments about the quality of the food we serve.
My apologies that we fell short of your expectations this time.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Popped in for a quick bite to eat

I had the gammon and chips
It came with pineapple or egg and salad
It was massive - I couldn't manage it all - nice piece of gammon

My mother in law just wanted egg and chips - not on menu but this wasn't a problem
She had 2 lovely eggs and chips
The chips were lovely , thick and very tasty

Dan was very sensitive to mother in laws needs - much appreciated

Helen W, Owner at Brewery bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Thanks for the lovely review! We're pleased you enjoyed your visit and your food so much - we are quite proud of our yummy chips! Good to hear that Dan was accommodating and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Very welcoming pub in Botley. My girlfriend and I had heard good things about this pub so decided to check it out for ourselves and we weren't let down!
Great food with good service and a good atmosphere. Ate on Saturday lunchtime - had the pie from the specials menu (Chicken & Ham) with chips and peas and it was great.
Highly recommend this pub and will be returning in the future!

Helen W, Owner at Brewery bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Thank you for your very kind review, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly little pub and look forward to welcoming you back soon!