US$56
Edelweiss(Medias)
  • Restaurant
Irish pub(Medias)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Average acommodation but very good food. The restaurant was a good surprise. Non smoking almost everywhere. It has a huge parking. It is located in a quiet residential area, but it takes a lot to get there. Access is not its high point. TV in the rooms are tiny. Bathrooms are a little below average. Again, I would eat there any time but reconsider if I had to use the accommodation.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went one week ago at this hotel spa and we were very happy with the services.One small problem: at the reception they told us we will pay 35RON for one hour of relaxing massage but at the end we paid 30RON for 30 minutes(we iggnored this issue).Overal we liked it and we returned next week again but we realized this week we had no access to the sauna. We asked the receptionist why is the spa area closed and she said that we have to pay extra for the sauna now, because we paid only for the pool and we had to choose a different package from the beggining. This is strange because a week before we paid the same package and we had access also to the sauna.The conclusion is that here the prices are different depending on the staff (last week it was someone else at the reception). We will not come back again although we liked the place because of the poor staff management wich I think is an important issue in tourism.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Ali-small27
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I've stayed here only for one night, so I didn't get to test them all that well. But what I've tested is just OK, nothing spectacular.Since it's my first time that I've stayed over night in Medias I don't know other hotels, but I'm sure that Sighisoara has far better options than Medias.
About the hotel, it seemed quite hard to reach even with a GPS (it kept rotating me back and forth on small residential streets), and if it's winter and the roads are frozen, it might be a bit tricky to get up safely. The plus side to this is that the area is quiet. The building looks old from the outside but it has generous parking spaces. The stairs leading to the building are difficult to climb if you're full of luggage. But inside there is one small elevator that proves to be helpful for reaching the level of your room. Beds were not that comfortable and the rooms could have looked better.
The restaurant was just ok, since food wasn't out of the ordinary and the menu itself doesn't give you many options. The swimming pool is quite nice, but when I went to use it, there was a swimming class taking place so I only ended up with about a quarter of the width. It would have been ok, if there wasn't this 7 year-old kid that kept asking me questions and wouldn't stop trying to interrupt my swimming.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ArthurVent
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed here for an extended weekend. Our room was organized on two levels - when you went in, you had the bathroom on the left and a living room with a sofa and a couple of chairs in front of you. When you went up the stairs, you had a generous bedroom, another sofa and a small round table with two chairs.
What we liked about the room: there was plenty of space for two adults (I think this room could easily accommodate a family of four), the stairs were kind of fun, the view from the bedroom was nice.
What we didn't like so much: the TV from the bedroom was rather small compared to the size of the room, in the bedroom the heating system wasn't working (be the one from the living-room was, so it was warm enough).

The restaurant was ok, we had some nice dinners there and breakfast was also fine. We spent a day at the pool, too - it was large, heated, but a little "tired", I guess it could use a little refurbishing. We enjoyed the saunas, too (you need to pay extra in order to use them, but the price is more than reasonable).

We'll probably go there again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Binder Bubi about six times in the past five years as well as other hotels in the area. Without doubt it is the most comfortable, bright and airy hotel that I have used in the area. The staff are efficient, there is internet, the heating and plumbing works, and the food is edible. It is however quite a way out of town, but perhaps that is no bad thing.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business