Hostel Arum Qurpawasi(Cabanaconde)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$16
US$13
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
La Granja del Colca(Cabanaconde)
US$44
US$50
La Posada del Conde(Cabanaconde)
US$24
Pachamama(Cabanaconde)
US$28
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
La Casa de Santiago(Cabanaconde)
US$38
US$29
  • Breakfast included
Llahuar Lodge(Cabanaconde)(Great Value!)
US$17
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscolca valleyhot waterreception areastarting pointstar hoteltown squarehotel is locatedreception staffamazing hotelcomfortable roomthe ownerplace to staytiny villagenothing fancystored our luggagela granjaper night
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A very nice hotel, friendly staff, good service, excellent restaurant. Very close to the Condor lookout, so you can keep a nice schedule! We were able to see condors both the afternoon of our arrival and the next morning. Restaurant was quite good, see separate review.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
kuntur-wassi, Propietario at Hotel Kunturwassi Colca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

For us it is a great honour to have you staying in our hotel, your comments about our village and our attention are very important and very flattering. Our staff is still striving to provide all visitors with friendly attention. Many congratulations on your travels around the world. Receive our affectionate greetings.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

OK, no one told me this, and had I known, I would've not stayed in Cabanaconde. It's about 1.5hr drive from Chivay by car over gravel roads. That trip was bruising! The view is nice, for sure, but it's a long ride. Anyway, we made it to Hotel Kunturwassi, which is a nice place. The room we got was spacious and fairly comfortable. No extras like drinking water in the room. The fridge was unplugged. The bathtub was big. However there was only one narrow shelf to put our toiletries on. The sink, as you may see in others' photos, was a pedestal style. We wanted to use the tub, but the water was slow in heating up and flowed a little slow out of the tap. We did eat dinner at the restaurant. We ordered an alpaca sandwich, which was fine. The fries were undercooked, and limp. So, if you like that kind of thing, it's fine. The staff was nice. It is a small B&B, so don't expect service at odd hours. Unless you're hiking or something, there's not much to do in Cabanaconde.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
kuntur-wassi, Propietario at Hotel Kunturwassi Colca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

This part of the Colca Canyon and our people are still almost hidden for visitors. I think that sacrifice and the long voyage were rewarded with beautiful landscapes. We strive to provide the best care, but I think that there were some failures in our attentions. About the unfortunate situations that have occurred, we apologize to you . We are pleased for your feeling- keep fond memories of us and our people. Receive our affectionate greetings.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience! This is a family ran B&B, so cozy and beautiful. Everyone is very helpful and hospitable. Owner and some of the girls speak very good English. But everyone would go out of their way to help you and make your stay more enjoyable. I once returned after lunch time and didn't know if the kitchen makes lunch at all. But owner has assured me that they'll make me whatever I wanted from their menu and arranged a table near the window. Chef's made me a delicious quinoa soup.
I was lucky to have a big corner room. I could see the Andes from both windows while laying in bed in the morning. How awesome is that!! Also everything was clean and comfortable, great hot shower, the room was tidied up every day.
This is my favorite hotel in my whole Peru trip!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

The people who work in the hotel, have read with great emotion your comments. We are very pleased to know that your stay in the Colca was very pleasant. Your comments on our quality of care are very flattering, it is the best reward received by us. Your words prompt us to continue improving our treatment to guests. Thank you for your words, congratulations, receives a hug from family Kuntur Wassi.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We enjoyed the opportunity to dress up in local clothing. I wish the guide had explained the reason my sons were wearing skirts though, before they were all dressed up. (They were such good sports). The rooms were nice, slightly cold. I was grateful for the heater. The gardens on the patio were very pretty. Food was good. We enjoyed a short hike to a Colca Canyon overlook not far from the hotel. The road to the hotel is very bumpy. The rooms are clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Colca has very beautiful attractions, the great depth of the Canyon looks from Cabanaconde. But it is not easy to know our customs, dances and music. We are pleased to know that you liked to wear typical clothes of our people. Your children were dressed as dancers of "witite". We appreciate very much for your beautiful memories of the Colca. Receive our greetings from Cabanaconde-Colca-Peru.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I traveled to Peru in Sept Oct 2007. One of the things we wanted to see was Colca Canyon and the condors. We are not the tour types so went on our own by bus from Arequipa. The hotel was easy enough to find - small town, not much out there at the time. The accomodations were fairly large, clean and great bargain for the money. We spent 3 nights there. The restaurant was ok - nothing fancy. I think my wife's meal was better than mine. The staff was ok - my spanish was not real good at the time and their english was a little less, but we did not have any problems - everything worked out fine. They mostly seemed to keep to themselves which was fine. There is hiking into the canyon close to the hotel and it is a short bus ride to the canyon in the morning when everyone boards to go into town. The hotel worked out great for us and the condors were incredible. Once in a lifetime type trip.

Room Tip: We had a room that was very light. Higher floors worked out better for us - lower ones seemed kinda dark (although we did not go in the rooms).
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Your comments about your stay in the Colca are eloquent of pleasant experience. Colca Canyon has breathtaking landscapes. Our hotel is very close to the Cruz del Condor viewpoint. Despite language barriers we understood with you very well, and you have also left us very fond memories. Your comments are very favorable for us, thank you so much for having visited Colca, receive our affectionate greetings from hotel Kuntur Wassi.