“Remarkable and cheap fried seafood dishes”

Pesce fritto e baccala
Ranked #21 of 381 Restaurants in Lido di Ostia
Cuisines: Seafood, Street Food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Small, orderly place in the heart of Ostia. Short but interesting menu contents. They offer only deep fried seafood dishes, but each is remarkable. We ordered fried anchovies, squid and shrimp and fish fillet. All dishes supertasty. Friendly and fast service, fresh food and friendly prices. Especially for such a tourist destination as Ostia. And considering that Ostia is accessible by Rome public transport ticket (1,5 eur) I would not think twice just to drove in Ostia only to grab fresh deep fried seafood if I had time. Molto buono!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We paid 12 euros for a horrible dish of "fresh fried fish". It was just some tiny fried fishes, with no flesh but just bones, and some of them had scales. It was almost offensive, and we felt robbed.

Ale223, Proprietario at Pesce fritto e baccala, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Mrs. Laura..I remember very well of you ... He asked for a plate of fresh fried fish and I advised our fried fry to assure you black on white that is fresh fish and First quality as it comes from the most important local fishermen. She demanded big fish like at the restaurant ... forgetting to be in a little take away Friggitoria. I cordially greet you and invite you to try other dishes from our menu. If you think ps 12 euro for a nice fresh fish dish of frittura di paranza I would like to know where to find it ???
Alessandra

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Good food, good price. Small restaurant for locals it means that it is worth to find it. I hope to visit again.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

While visiting a street market we saw a crowd around this place. I picked up one of their menus and we continued looking around. After a while we thought let's give this a try.

We sat outdoors after placing our orders. Pricing is very reasonable and the food is great! We enjoyed it so much we returned later that evening for dinner, trying other selections and found everything enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

The food was pretty good and the service was excellent. If you like fried seafood I'd definetally suggest this place.