“What a fabulous restaurant!”

RIZcafe - Fish restaurant
Ranked #5 of 409 Restaurants in Lido di Ostia
Price range: US$23 - US$58
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Genuine personal atmosphere and food and drink of top quality. We spent three evenings here and will gladly come back!

RIZcafe, Proprietario at RIZcafe - Fish restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Lena,

thanks so much for you kind feedback and for visiting us so frequently :-).

Really hope to host you again soon. Kind regards from RIZcafè!

Giorgio.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

No one really speaks English. They got our order wrong twice, and we finally ate whatever they put in front of us. Will not return. Poor experience.

1  Thank Adventure512872
RIZcafe, Proprietario at RIZcafe - Fish restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear unknown client (yes, I see Anonymous tripadvisor user, so cannot refer you with a name), thank for your feedback. "Unfair or very poor" is the most appropriate name for your comments:
1) I do speak English and most of the waiters at the RIZcafè speak English, it may not be perfect but in many years we never had issues related to foreign languages, considering also that the Menu is written in English and it is very difficult to make mistakes.
2) What did you order and WHY you ate what you received? You speak about poor experience, I speak about very poor description, no way to provide any answer to explain our position.
3) I was there: did not receive any comment or escalation, it would have been very easy to manage.

I am very sorry to find myself in such a bad mood but unfair comments simply get unfair answers: feel free not to return, unfortunately we do believe we should have skipped this experience with you too.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great location, literally inches away from the sea. A skilfully selected menu for real gourmets. Octopus salad to write home about. Good service, prices at par with what you get

RIZcafe, Proprietario at RIZcafe - Fish restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks so much for your kind feedback, really really appreciated.

Looking forward to host you soon again.

All the best, Giorgio.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a day of diving and had lunch here. Delicious food and generous portions. Definitely recommend. they serve dishes with and without fish. Service was excellent.

RIZcafe, Proprietario at RIZcafe - Fish restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Italchica17,

thanks so much for you very nice feedback, really happy you enjoyed our proposals and I am looking forward to host you again soon!

Kind regards, Giorgio.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Friendly and nice view ; but not that great food...lack of flavor. The appetizer they suggest and for one I dint asked was grease and like rubber duck ....more than 40 min to get a check in a empty restaurant yesterday's dinner ;I had to walk and ask for it after the frustrating tempt to get my check.
Always be room for improvement in a competitive world.

RIZcafe, Proprietario at RIZcafe - Fish restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Bruno, thanks so much for your feedback.

The answer in short is "Yes we can". To be more precise, actually we already do! :-)

Tried to identify, with the Maitre, when you visited us but we have been unable to remember so I can answer only based on your sentences.

Actually if you had to wait 40 minutes after asking the bill in a restaurant "almost empty" I agree with you it is not good at all. It sounds quite strange, very strange I would say, because we do not remember it but, again, this should never happen and if it happened I can just provide you my sincere apologies on behalf of the entire RIZcafè staff.

On the "rubber duck appetizers", sorry this is a comment I do not agree at all, this is really not possible, our restaurant serves only high quality food and this is confirmed by hundreds of roeviews. Even in the unlikely hypotesys that you got such a strange food (part of it not asked in your opinion) you could have done better simply telling the waiter immediately about your complain: he could have remediated immediately and make your experience much better or, at least, provide some apologies in advance; crying over spilt milk you know much better than me it is not so effective.

Thanks again for your visit and I do hope to have the possibility to host you again and I am sure you will have a much better experience.

Best regards. Giorgio.