“Succulent Greek Island Home-made Cuisine”
Review of Anesis Spiros

Anesis Spiros
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Agios Prokopios Taverna Anesis - Spiros one of the oldest taverna's in Agios Prokopios keeps on serving the most delicious, fresh food at low rates. anesis spiros taverna agios prokopios naxos Restaurant Anesis Spiros Restaurant Anesis Spiros menu offers traditional recipes, a variety of seafood flown in fresh, rich selection of cold and warm food appetizers, salads, pasta dishes as well as meat dishes and unique daily culinary offerings crafted with fresh, locaingredients. Don't miss pork on the grill every Saturday as well as the famous lobster pasta. You may also enjoy fresh calamares, shrimps and fresh fish all on the grill. With a wide variety of Greek food and fresh fish every day. It worths every bite. Delicious food and offers the traditional Naxian cuisine. Child friendly.
Reviewed 21 September 2016

It is always a pleasure to eat here. Open air, close to the great Prokopios beach, friendly and warm welcome at this family-run taverna. Broad range of dishes all of which can be inspected in the room next to the kitchen - fish, suckling pig, various meats cooked on a spit, great starters (too many to mention) and wines a gogo.
Highly recommended. Well done Spiros and Gregory

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Jamjam
Realy Great Fisch with wine and salad. The Quality was very good. We would always come again.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

This place has been here for at least 35 years (a much larger terrace now) and still very much a traditional family run Greek restaurant.

Best way to choose what you want is to head inside and look at the displays of food on offer - salads always good and garlic toast is a favourite!

Caters for the tourists with its pigs on the spot roasts every weekend but locals eat there too not just for the good food but the decent prices. Expect Greek "relaxed" service and just help yourself to beers from the fridge, they'll tot it up at the end...

Sep 2016 still had large (pints) draught beers at €3 and half litres of house (carafes) of wine at €3. Very reasonable.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Good location, dishes are perfect and really kindly served.
Vasilis and Piros are taking care about the service, well done.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I had seen other good reviews about this restaurant and wanted to try it when I stayed in Naxos. How very disappointed I was when I finally got to go there. I would agree with all the other reviews that the food is cheap but only just above average. My main grip is with the appalling service I received when I visited. We were met on arrival by a very surly waiter who frankly barely smiled or made us welcome as we were finally shown to a table by a disused kitchen area . We ordered our food and then the bad service began. First as our starters were served the surly waiter as we began to eat decided to light a cigarette right by our table with the smoke waffting over our food. If this was not bad enough he took two or three puffs of this before leaving it lite in an ashtray right by us so we continued to smell cigarette smoke throughout our first course. After we had finished our starters we were left for a long time before the main course arrived. We had stacked the plates for the waiter to take away but these were simply ignored. My partner's main course then arrived and I was told that mine was coming in a few minutes. 15 minutes later mine arrived just as my partner was finishing his, so now we had on the table the remains of my partner's meal and the plates from the first course which really made an appitising sight. No apology was given by the waiter, who gain as I started to eat began to smoke' with a repeat performance from our first course. I finished meal and left feeling as if our custom was not really wanted. During the rest of my stay here in Naxos I will not be going back to this restaurant. There are much nicer and friendly establishments nearby.

1  Thank Martin512013