“nice beer, tasty slaw”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Although it is a pub, it serves rather nice hot meal. Loved the fried brie and will order again if I ever visit. Salad was nice too.
Cheesecake however was so unhappening and presentation rather average. I had it served when my husband was almost finishing his meal.
Lots of seating, slow service and a lovely beer to finish off our walk from Kinder Scout.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The staff and beer here is fantastic.

In particular the staff were really friendly and chatty and tried to accommodate mine and my partner's vegan diet. However the menu is limited and quite impossible to eat vegan on. This place would be perfect if it offered just one option without cheese, please (as I'll definitely be back)

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I can’t believe this place is only 30 minutes from Manchester. So glad I took the train as there’s so many great beers to choose from Grand Central is definitely recommended. After there own beer ‘the nags’ I was feeling very merry 5.3% after thus one. Food is a must Sausage and Mash menu is delicious. And the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable on the beers which is a bonus.

2  Thank stupotmanc
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Every meal was spot on, didn’t need to look for anywhere else to eat. Great walks every which way you look and all paths led back here. Very friendly service and they go the extra mile. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Alwaysbepositive
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in for take out sandwiches. I was told only had main menu (not takeout) but they could do it to go. Ordered two meals to go which cost £6 EACH. They were all wrapped when they arrived so couldn’t check until I met up with friend. The fish finger sandwich was greasy and bland and was just one round with no sides (paid for) the tuna was asked to have some salad in but again was one round with a bit of soggy salad in another pot (so we had to assemble ourselves) again no coleslaw side. I really can’t believe they think it’s ok to charge £6 for one sandwich and no side to take out. I thought there would be two rounds, or at least include the sides advertise. And fish fingers we so fatty!