“Same as two years ago ... Old folks lunch for £8.95”

The Hanging Gate Pub and Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have just reread the review I wrote two years ago and things are much the same. I have been a couple of times in the interim and today I had the set three course Seniors lunch as usual which has quite a choice of dishes. - today ... prawn cocktail, beef and pork roast with yorkshire pudding and loads of vegetables and icecream wth butterscotch sauce. Food was tasty and well presented. Nice waiting staff and a choice of fruity ciders.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Good food . Great choice of food . Very quiet when we visited. . Service very good.
We have visited when all the decorations are up . It is well worth going at christmas . St valentines or halloween.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Thank you to the hanging gate, we arrived late and we ordered a mixed grill for myself and salmon coronets salad. My mixed grill was huge with everything you could wish for in a mixed grill it was really nice cooked just right, yes I finished it all but was stuffed and couldn't manage a sweet. The only gripe was the salmon coronets came without the prawns but when we pointed it out we were given a big bowl of prawns which my wife really enjoyed. Next time we go I'm definitely having the mixed grill again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Had a lovely meal here and was very reasonably priced. Service was good and there was water available for our dog. So nice we went back a couple of days later. Highly recommend the toasted chocolate waffle desserts

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We helped organise a family wedding reception at the Hanging Gate and what a brilliant occasion it was. Mostly thanks to Mark and all the staff, we dropped of place settings, cake, balloons, flowers etc and when everybody arrived the room had been set out beautifully by the staff. The bride and groom had chosen one of the set drinks and meal package so everyone had a welcome bucks fizz and a choice from 3 starters/mains /puddings, a glass with the meal a toast drink and coffee to finish. The friendly staff got all the dishes out really quickly and the food arrived fresh and hot. Plates were cleared quickly and there was very little delay between courses. All the feed back from the guests was that the food was lovely (especially the lamb) though for some the portions were a bit to much. One big advantage was the outside play area which meant the younger kids could let off some steam between courses and not get to bored. In the evening there was a disco (Mark will arrange this for you if you want) and what can be described as a mega buffet with loads of food and a good variety Plenty of staff again so empty glasses and plates were quickly gone and there was never a queue at the bar. Again many thanks to Mark and his team for all their hard work which made the day.