“Dining room with a view”

Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Hope
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2018

What could be more relaxing than a panoramic view of sheep and lambs wandering about the fields? The perfect accompaniment to an excellent meal from the attractive menu. We enjoyed popping in from the B&B next door to dine in style.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I would love to give this place a better rating as it would deserve it had I not had the experience I did today. I have visited it before, but as a full time carer, I don’t have the opportunity often and the last visit must be 3 years ago. I remember finding it was an issue then as it was today.
In good spirits I headed towards Hope after school run. I’d been awake with children since 3am was truly ready for relaxing treat. My car sat nav didn’t recognise the address so when I arrived at Hope, I used my iPhone to help out with the last part. I was surprised to see that it stated a further 25 minute journey, but being rather tired I followed the directions. These took me to Bakewell, to the Peak Park Authority offices. I was even let through the barrier!
Long story short, I had to embark on another journey back to Hope to the Hotel. I arrived at about 11.10am. I’d been driving since 9.05am. It should be a 40 min journey, I was informed. Not 2 hours.
The staff were more than apologetic and helpful, but when I learned from other staff members that this is a common occurrence, and the issue actually made one staff member late for their interview, it made me wonder why there is not more guidance on the site, better directions and better signage near to the location. Apparently they have reported it to Google, yet this is not made clear to visitors beforehand. Hmm.
Moving on, the treatments I had were lovely and the lunch was superb. It’s worth visiting just for the food! Again, staff were solicitous nd helpful.The grounds are beautiful and it’s the most peaceful of places.

I checked out and was rather shocked to see how much refreshments had cost, which kind of left me on a sour note. What a pity after such a potentially great complete experience.
Management have got a lot right here, but there is room for improvement.

1  Thank Nikola E
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Excellent menu and great quality food. Staff were very attentive and no request was too much. Restaurant has panoramic views of the peak district

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I came to Losehill House with a friend at the end of February, to celebrate her birthday and imminent retirement. We had such a lovely, relaxing day in very comfortable and unpretentious surroundings. The service was excellent and the food superb - dishes I'd never been offered before, which demonstrated the imagination and skill of the chef.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Variety of flavours and tastes. Modern cooking with a dash of traditional.excellent service. Very well looked after.