“Delightful Location for a 40 year re-union”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I left the Midlands 45 years ago and finally ended near the East coast. I had been corresponding with an old school friend and we agreed to meet for the first time in 40 years and chose a location roughly half way between us. Neither of us new the White Horse but from its web site and from tripadvisor reviews it looked an ideal choice. I booked a table for lunch and we duly met yesterday 5th September 2017. We were greeted like family. The choice of drinks was excellent. The special menu "Celebrate the Sausage" was right up the street of two ex rugger players. We tucked in and talked. The staff were always attentive without being intrusive. A delicious pudding followed and we finished with coffees. We talked for three and a half hours and never once were we harassed to vacate. The bar was beautifully clean as were the toilets. Thanks to the chef and the friendly staff we had a wonderful reunion which will stick in our minds for years to come. I will definitely return but not in 40 years time. Thank you White Hart I give you top marks.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Popped into the White Horse after leaving Woburn Safari park. Turned out to be a cracking find. Food was excellent together with service. Great menu for the kids as well. I look forward to using again on our next visit to the park.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We wanted a Sunday lunch without travelling too far this was ideal as only a few minutes drive. We had been recommended by a few people for the quality of food nice staff and pleasant surroundings. From the exterior this village pub looks very impressive and the interior although quite compact doesn't disappoint. Price wise it was a little more than we were use to.
Four of us had traditional Sunday roast. The presentation of the food was the modern layered effect which didn't really work for me. How can I say looked a bit messy.
The Pork and the beef were dry and unappetising also the yorkshire was soggy. The vegetables however were ok. Shame they did not get it quite right

These guys are obviously trying there best to impress and on another visit we could well have been more than pleased.
The staff were very pleasant.
I am sure this is not their usual standard and it would not put us off returning.
I would love to of been more positive with my comments, maybe next time

1  Thank michael b
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Called with our 4 year old grandson for a bite after visiting Woburn Safari Park.
Friendly welcome and a good choice of food. We opted for baguettes, well filled with chips on the side included. Grandson enjoyed his sausage and chips, so everyone happy. Worth stopping off if you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

evening cycle with mrs r and dropped by for tea on various recommendations.. and they were well earned.

nicely refurbished pub. nothing fancy but homely and cosy with home cooked food and real ale (timothy taylor tonight)

and what great food. again nothing fancy but very tasty and well cooked - burger and chips and sausage and mash. Doesn't sound grand but absolutely well done.

well worth dropping by, and we will do again ..