“Paradise on earth”
from lanai you look out at Haleakala volcano in the east
A rare double whale breach taken in March 2013 from our lanai by a guest (see review) Access the Lanai from the Master Bedroom. Look at Beach below
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Access the Lanai from the Master Bedroom. Look at Beach below
a small beach is just below, to the left
the bay and the crater, Molokini (a snorkel boat destination) are before you
smal tour and fishingl boats go out of the harbor
the Living Room and Walls of Glass
great views, even from inside the condo
the Master Bedroom closes off with French doors; Read Maui guide books provided in living room
comfortable Cal-King bed in spacious Master Bedroom suite
vanity area of Master bathroom; shower and toilet in separate room to right
our new Master Bathroom shower remodel
dining room and book/game nook
Kitchen with new appliances and all the conveniences
second bedroom has twin beds and can be made to king size bed
bathroom off second bedroom
hammock on the lanai
relax with the ocean view, palm trees and monkeypod tree by you
Our condo sign at the entrance from the street
young children love to play on the little beach downstairs from the condo
sand toys are in the condo for the kids
condo building from the water ; the swimming pool is on right side, opposite our condo.
torch ginger on west side of building
entrance to elevator lobby
relax in hammock... listen to the ocean and birds
swimming pool with ocean view! BBQ grill and tables/chairs
some of the tropical landscaping below our condo
palms and flowers and the water alongside, just steps from the condo
looking down from our condo toward harbor
sunrise from the lanai over Haleakala volcano can be very dramatic
sunset over the Bay seen from the condo
talk over the day at sunset from the lanai
on the weekend watch the Canoe Club with outrigger canoes
the canoes come right to the beach below the condo
enjoy the boats from the lanai and book a boat trip a few minutes walk away
much Golf on Maui  - the 2 closest are only 5 miles from condo
the miles-long sandy beach just down from the condo has very gentle waves - lovely swimming
but if the waves are up this beach is great for boogie boarding
miles of beach sand to play in/ walk along just down from the condo at end of our 1/2 mile Street
Looking down at Maalaea Bay and toward Haleakala volcano from the Lahaina Pali hike near condo
Enjoy the Maui Ocean Center, a world class aquarium
Walk 5 minutes to the Maui Ocean Center for hours of fascination with fish
The huge coral reef exhibits will make you think you are snorkeling.  Staff  answers questions.
The Aquarium has daily feeding and interperative sessions and  Q&A.
Rays and several kinds of sharks share a tank.  Nearby are interactive exhibits about whales.
a wonderful place for lunch at the Ocean Center, or use a separate entrance outside the Ocean Ctr.
the nearby Small Boat Harbor has cruises  -- snorkel, sunset, dinner, whale, sport fishing
Whale watch boat trips from the harbor, just steps away in Harbor Village
the amazing experience of a whale up close and personal from harbor cruise nearby
returning from boat trip; our condo on the left side end unit, 3rd floor
Kealia Nature Reserve, along the beach walking east from condo
The Interperative Board Walk at the Kealia Reserve gives information about the birds.
the miles long beach near Kealia Nature Reserve is a great walk!
along the beach in the evening sunlight
great views for eating pool side at condo after a BBQ; this view toward harbor
overlooking oceanside grounds of the Maalaea Yacht Marina condo building and harbor.
Maalaea Bay seen from Upcountry with West Maui Mountain in background
relax by the pool in lounge chairs provided
Enjoy a brilliant sunset from the your own lanai
A short walk to Miniature golf, along with bumper boats, a climbing wall and trampoline.
the Harbor Shops are  just a short walk from the condo
Hawaiian made arts and crafts and Farmers Market daily in Harbor Village
A most special Market on the upper level of Harbor Shops -- you get an Ocean View
Beautiful Crafts at the Harbor Shops Farmers and Crafts.  Artists vary on days of the week.
cookies and ice cream!  -- some of the choices at the Harbor Shops
At Harbor Village, catch a Maui Bus, and your group can split up for the day, if you want to
a Wonderful little grocery and deli in the building next to our condo -- look down on it from lanai
The Freight Train is a famous wave that runs in front of the condo view when the south swell is up
directions in the condo tell how to get to the Swap Meet in Kahului on Saturdays
a lovely Maui rainbow on our long long beach
when leaving Maui if you sit on the right you may see the Big Island beyond Maui in the distance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brink999
Grantsville, Utah
“Paradise on earth”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Me and my son just got home from our maui vacation where we rented Cynthia's condo. It was the best vacation we've ever taken, we didn't spend much time in the condo but we always knew there was an awesome place to come back to relax and unwind.
We found everything That Cynthia put in her ad was on the up and up, no surprises, being a bit apprehensive that I have never rented from the owner it was the perfect first time experience. Cynthia was awesome to deal with and thought of everything, she even had some hand tools that worked great when I had some problems with the jeep I rented. She had beach toys, chairs, snorkel gear.
It was a bit noisy at times but not as bad as it would be in the tourist areas of the island. The condo had an amazing view day and night I bet the water was less than 50 feet from beautiful deck and the light breeze kept the condo comfortable most of the time I would love to return someday soon I only hope Cynthia's condo is still available when I do. And I will tell my friends it was a great expiriance mahalo.... Brink.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Had some confusion with the key to the condo
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 May 2013
Thank you for your awesome and spontaneous review! I get such a pleasure out of doing all I can to make our guests' experience a truly great one. I am so glad you enjoyed the condo and all it's amenities. I know first time renters-from-owners are sometimes nervous and I'm so pleased you were completely at-home and happy. I look forward to your return in the future and to hearing from your friends about their vacation plans. - Cynthia
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
22 Mar 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the condo and your experiences there. When we can't be in this "second home" we live vicariously through our guests there! You have fantastic pictures here that you are sharing with the readers and thank you for giving permission for me to use a double whale breach photo on the website. What an extremely rare event to see, and to think that you took the photos from the condo lanai! I will look forward to you booking a return visit. -Cynthia
Phoenix
Reviewed 19 February 2013 for a stay in June 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
luvinmaui...
Buffalo, New York
“Best Experience Ever....Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Vacationed with 4 Adults ages 40-68 and I was in charge of arrangements....

Stress Free Booking could not be easier! Email the owner, Cynthia, she’ll work out the holding deposit, final payment etc... You’ll get papers and instructions in the mail so that when you land on Maui, you know exactly where to go and how to get there. You do NOT have to meet someone for keys, which is a big plus! I’ve rented places before where you have to meet a person at a certain time to get keys and it's a stressful situation when you're traveling.

Upon arrival, you’ll park in your allocated spot (it’s in your papers), the building is extremely well maintained and the condo itself is super clean (pictures are right on with what you can expect) open the lanai door and an amazing breeze and spectacular views officially welcome you to Maui and your home away from home!

Our party of 4 adults found the condo plenty spacious, 2 bathrooms are wonderful, bedrooms are far enough away from each other, and the layout allows for the perfect balance between togetherness and privacy. Also, since this is a corner condo, no one walks past your place…ever! It also overlooks the Tradewinds mini-grocery store/deli (awesome sandwiches & local produce) so you can just look down to see if they are open.

Throughout our stay we had access to many items….beach chairs, beach umbrellas, roll mats, sun hats, flippers, snorkels, masks, coolers, winter clothes for sunrise at Haleakala (you WILL need these). Just lots of stuff we ended up using and didn’t have to go out and pay for. The place is also loaded with books and games, some movies etc… LOOK under both beds for all the stuff! Kitchen has everything you need and more. There is a pool with bbq area and a sandy mini beach right in front of the condo and in our down time, it was nice to stroll along the shoreline.

Being right next to the Maalaea Harbor was much quieter than we expected (unlike Lahaina Harbor) and very convenient for our cruise activities – no designated driver needed as we could just walk home! Going anywhere else was just as easy as we found this location to be perfect! Big shopping (WalMart) is just a short drive away and a great place to stock the fridge.

In my opinion, renting someone’s personal condo is the best way to vacation. The pride in ownership shows in every detail, the pages in the guest book are filled with past vacationers tips and fun moments...a hotel just doesn’t compare.

I will always check this place first for all future trips to Maui. If you’re considering a condo and this place is available, do not hesitate!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet End-Unit, Views, Secure Building, Safe Area, Location, Value
Liked least: Saying goodbye.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Leduc Alberta
Reviewed 13 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$185
/ Night
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing