“5-Star Resort fit for a King or Queen”

Alila Villas Uluwatu
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Uluwatu
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We decided to finish our Bali vacation at the Alila Villas in Uluwatu. While this resort was on the pricey side -- the value, privacy and luxury are all worth the money spent. They definitely cater to the luxury guest and traveler: The Villas are top notch, roomy and well appointed. We stayed in a one bedroom with it's own swimming pool. Extra bonus for the outdoor shower (I never used the indoor shower). The design of the resort is stunning -- both during the day and at night -- and adds to the overall experience.

Every guest has their your choice of butler service -- and the staff will go out of their way to ensure that your every need is met (car-and-driver, room service, baggage, etc.). Buggys will drive you to your Villa from the main part of the resort. The food is impeccable across the different restaurants. They even organized a special birthday dinner for us on the last day of the trip overlooking the Ocean -- private table service in an enclosed "birdcage" on the cliff.

Finally, the resort atmosphere is very quiet and serene -- great for honeymooners, R&R, and seclusion. I'm definitely going to make another visit to Alila Villas Uluwatu during my next trip to Bali.

Alila Villas Uluwatu is part of the American Express Fine Hotels Collection. So, if you have the American Express Platinum Card -- make sure you book through this program.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper part of the hill, as these have the best views of the Indian Ocean -- lo...
1  Thank Randy B
Devina H, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Randy B,

Great to hear you enjoyed your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the team in the meantime. American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts is one of our partners and we are happy that you enjoyed the benefits booking through them.

Please be encouraged to contact me directly in case I can help you planning for a future stay at your home in Bali and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back,

Best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

There are newer reviews for Alila Villas Uluwatu

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Just some place on the table fruit dish, there are small ants.
In the morning, it's difficult to jogging.
Cell phone dosen't seem work around there.
Other service is very good overall.
Thanks to every staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear SangmoonChung,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and I am glad to learn that you rate our overall service as very good.

At the same time I would also like to thank you for your input regarding the fruits, the jogging as well as the cell phone coverage. I am happy to inform you that we are working on the last point and the local mobile phone provider has informed us that they will be installing more telephone base stations in the area to overcome this issue. At the moment there is only one out of the three Indonesian providers that gives proper service and hence we would recommend you for your next trip to find out with our team, which provider gives you the best solution.

Regarding the jogging, the trails around the resort are indeed challenging and people who are not used to run in the hills may want to focus on our treadmills instead.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future,

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We recently spent 5 nights at Alila and had an amazing time. The location is great to chill out and enjoy a relaxing holiday. The staff at Alila were all locals and very professional and friendly. The main hotel pool, restaurants and cabanas were all fantastic but it was hard to leave the beautiful hillside villa for too long!

Dear woodbarl,

We are happy to learn you enjoyed your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and thank you for your feedback.

Please let us know in case I can help you making arrangements for reserving one of our hillside villas for your return visit to Bali.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back,

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Marriage 20 year memorial Bali trip, with the best service
I am moved by the location.Although I stayed for 2 days, I do not want to take a step from the hotel, and I have a gym, a library, a restaurant and
I was able to fully enjoy it.
My wife was satisfied with yoga.
I will be back soon.
Next time I would like to stay around 4 days.
Thank you very much.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear 54tramps,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and I am glad to hear that you both enjoyed celebrating your 20th wedding anniversary with us.

Please do let me know if I can help you planning for your next stay, as we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Bali.

Best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Alila Uluwatu is a treat location. It is a quiet resort on the edge of the Uluwatu cliffs with a serene, breathtaking view of the ocean. Minimalist modern in design it has many architectural features that make it chic and thoughtful in aesthetics rather stark. Great attention to detail. It is not cheap, so is more suited to those who would like to indulge for a special occasion. The spa products in the villas and scattered around the resort smell devine

Dear Claire R,

Thank you for sharing your weekend experience with the rest of the Trip Advisor community and the team and I are happy to learn you enjoyed the stay.

Please do come back for the refill of your spa products as well as for more indulgence.

Please be encouraged to contact me in case I can help you out making arrangements for your return,

Best regards from the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,
Marco Groten

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uluwatu
10.6 km away
1.8 km away
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 9 in Uluwatu

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!