“Amazing”

Alila Villas Uluwatu
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Uluwatu
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday and it was the perfect weekend getaway. Service was spot-on. The Warung restaurant especially was delicious and we were pleasantly surprised that the prices weren't astronomical given the kind of place this is. The views and ambiance are out of this world. Definitely recommend for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: All of the villas have private pools!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Devina H, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear NISchulze,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and we are happy you enjoyed your weekend away with us. We appreciate your comments on our Warung restaurant a lot, as we are trying to offer authentic wholesome Indonesian food in a great setting.

Please do let us know when you wish to return to Alila Villas Uluwatu and we will be happy to help you making arrangements.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My friends were having their wedding in this hotel in July so they invited all their friends and family, I stayed in the same villa with my friends in villa C3 for one night then the next day my boyfriend and I moved to a one bedroom villa (114). There were 2 bulter in C3 and they were so amazing ! I have to give a big thank you to Adhi and Keda (not sure how to spell the name but I am sure the hotel will find out who I am talking about), their service was beyond expectations, the hotel should see them as an asset and should be proud to have someone like this to work for them. The villa was so spacious and clean !!! I cannot complaint about anything during my stay, every single one of the staff were so nice and always greet their guest with a friendly smile...the wedding was amazing...the hotel staff can set up the venue so fast and all the decoration just amaze me so much !!! IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO ! Thank you so much for giving my friend such an amazing wedding and thank you so much for giving all of us good times :) We will def stay in this villa resort again !!! NO DOUBT !!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Victoria Y,

Glad to read you enjoyed your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and rest assured that we have already shared your praise with Adhi and Kadek.

We look forward to welcoming you, the bride and the groom as well as the rest of the group back next year for the wedding anniversary and please do let me know if I can help out with that.

Best regards from all of us here at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The staff have refined their customer service excellence to the point where they are unobtrusive, inconspicuous but always on hand to help with anything, and are proactive with their offers of direction, buggies etc. Staff showed a genuine interest, with polite discussion and answers to our questions. The property architecture was stunning and in opposition to my preference of lush & cosy but it was absolutely beautiful with every detail cared for. The villas were beautifully appointed with indoor & outdoor showers - massive bathroom, great space for living and wonderful outdoor area with daybed and gorgeous pool.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Devina H, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear lee_lee_james,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and the team and I are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are especially proud of the fact that you felt our service was unobtrusive, inconspicuous and always on hand.

Please be encouraged to contact me in case I can help out with planning a next visit to your home in Bali as the team and I look forward to welcoming you back,

Best regards from the Alila Villas Uluwatu team,

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was our second time at an Alila property. We had previously stayed at Alila Hadahaa in the Maldives (which is sadly no more). So knowing that Alila is a top-notch resort, we booked Uluwatu for our first time in Bali.

Alila Uluwatu is probably one of the best resorts we have ever stayed at - and we have been lucky to stay at a lot of top 5-star resorts all over the world. The service, the staff, the food are all world class. The day we checked in happened to be my birthday and the staff was kind enough to surprise me with a box of chocolates and a birthday card - even though we had not told them about my birthday at all. So kudos for the attention to detail there.

Did I mention the food? Its simply amazing! For what you pay, the rooms are amazing and huge. We didnt want to leave!

Alila has a lot of properties in Bali but if you want to be closer to the beach yet far away from everything, this is the one to choose.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear frisky geek,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and the team and I are happy to hear that your birthday was celebrated in style.

There are many other Alila experiences to discover after these two and please be encouraged to let us know if we can help you out with making arrangements for a next trip.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon here at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2017

One of the best places I've ever stayed. The pictures on the website are a bit misleading (they were to me). The villas do not overlook the ocean/water. However, the setup is nothing short of amazing. The rooms are beautiful. You can open the floor to ceiling windows to allow the breeze to flow from your private cabana, across the private pool, over the seating space, and into the bed. They are positioned such that you have ample sunshine for private sunbathing. And if you do want to go to the resort pool, you can enjoy an infinity pool that allows you to lean against the edge and overlook a secluded part of the sea that sits 100m below!

The spa is top notch. Very relaxing, warm, and friendly environment. Excellent massage. Privacy, security, etc. Whatever you want.

Very friendly staff. Lots of food options. Spread out resort with simple paths that provide ample short-cuts for those times when the scenic walk isn't going to work. Also they have a people in golf carts to pick you up if you want.

The resort is off the beaten path, so be prepared to setup drivers of pickups for excursions if you want off the resort. Also, the traffics is a bit unpredictable in Bali, though embrace it as part of the adventure. Go surf, eat some amazing food, and enjoy the services here. It's worth every penny! I would stay at this place over and again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 0WanderingProfessor0,

Thank you for sharing your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience with the rest of the world via TripAdvisor and the team and I are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay.

We are glad to read that you had the change to make use of our Spa and had a great surf. Let us know if we can help you with arranging more of that during a next stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu.

Best regards from the entire team,
Marco Groten

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uluwatu
10.6 km away
1.8 km away
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 9 in Uluwatu

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!