- Uluwatu doesn't have a whole lot going on which is great if you want to relax and 'get away from it all.' Would not recommend going here if you're looking for the Bali party scene
- There's no beach here so if you're looking for a dip in the ocean, this is NOT the place for you. The villas have a nice view and there is a beautiful infinity edge pool but just no beach (fine for me, but hubby prefers more beach access).
- All the rooms are the same size and include a private plunge pool. The rooms are very spacious and very well appointed with a lounger, indoor/outdoor showers, super comfy bed.
- Higher rooms offer a slightly better view, but all the rooms are good
- Overall good but I am spoiled and used to 5 star service and there were a few hiccups, for example having to wait several minutes for a buggy, room service forgetting something small, etc. (nothing huge, but just not perfect service)
- Breakfast is included with most rates. It's a-la-carte and the portions are TINY, but you can order as many things as you want so it's kind of fun
- Lunch- 2 choices- one traditional Indonesian place (Warung) and the other is more Western style. We were disappointed with Warung- the flavors just didn't agree with us. The Western restaurant is ok, but not spectacular.
- Dinner- again 2, choices (are you sensing a theme here?) The food is just ok. We actually chartered a driver to go off site for dinner on multiple nights because the food selection here just wasn't up to par.
- The spa here is top notch- the therapists are excellent and the booking agents are really knowledgeable about the services and made excellent recommendations. We spent 3 hours getting pampered and it was heavenly.
- The spa also offers private yoga lessons (including aerial) in a private villa overlooking the ocean- definitely recommend if you are into yoga.
- A nice place to stay with no overt problems but lacked the extra *omph* of service and food choices not very good. Definitely geared toward travelers that want to relax and do nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcases contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature's perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu