Alila Villas Uluwatu
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
US$357
Radisson Blu Bali Uluwatu(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
US$132
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Uluwatu Breeze Village(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$45
Hideaway Villas Bali(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$105
Agoda.com
Suarga Padang Padang(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
US$279
Agoda.com
US$772
Sr Hostel Uluwatu(Uluwatu)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
WIRA Homestay(Uluwatu)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,195 results
All reviewssunset cabanabedroom villaprivate poolthe cliffindian oceanvilla hostindonesian restaurantlip balmface mistoutdoor showerbutler servicepersonal butlermain poolwater featuresour honeymoonlevel of servicestunning architecture
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I suppose this review should be prefaced in the context of very high expectations, given that this was the most we have ever spent on a nightly rate (A$1000+, which included a 20% pre-purchase discount). I really wanted to love this property, but.....
I had visions of independent villas perched upon the cliff top at Uluwatu, with a backdrop of ocean and crashing waves - maybe with a view of a surfer - but it's actually a very modern hotel with row upon row of villas adjacent to each other. From our villa, we could mainly see the roofs of other villas, with a tiny rim of blue in the distance if you really looked hard.
Check-in was good, very welcoming. A glass of water as a welcome drink. We were asked whether we preferred nuts, fruit or cookies as a snack - our preference was nuts - but these failed to materialise over the 3 days.
The actual villa is spacious and comfortable.
The majority of staff are faultless in face to face dealings and go out of their way to fix issues. There was a wedding in the grounds on our first night, with live music blaring across the resort (not our idea of peace and tranquility), and after complaining were offered a 90min massage for 2 which was very much appreciated - and spectacular.
We usually asked for housekeeping while we were at breakfast or dinner. We were underwhelmed with housekeeping. A dead fly remained on the bathroom vanity for at least 24 hrs. A bath had been used with soaps, used shampoos etc over the edge - and this wasn't touched during turndown service. Most high level hotels tidy makeup on vanity and place neatly on a towel - here the vanity remained a mess for 3 days.

We loved dinner at the Warung. The staff were knowledgable and pleasant, the food delicious and good value.
The breakfasts on the other hand were not in the same league. Most "hot" choices appeared as though they had been prepared hours earlier and had been sitting in a warmer. My poached egg was almost cold and inedible. This trip also included Kokomo Villas on Gili Trawangan, The Lombok Lodge, The Kunja Villas in Seminyak, and The Legian Hotel in Seminyak - and the quality of the breakfast was the worst by far.
So would we go back? Definitely not at that price for what was delivered.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Dear TraceyB1959,

Thank you for your honest rest review of your stay with us at Alila Villas Uluwatu and I am sorry to learn that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We will look into matters like the amenities in the villa, the tidying up of toiletries, cleanliness in the villa as well as the breakfast and hope to have the opportunity to show you improvements on a next visit.

With best regards from the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is as good as it gets. We have just spent four wonderful nights at this beautiful hotel. The villas are magnificent, the spa facilities excellent, service faultless and food delicious. Thank you Janine for leading such a great team and enabling us to have such a perfect relaxing time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 19 August 2017

Dear GailR56,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet as I was away from the resorts and I have passed on your comments to Janine and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Alila Villas Uluwatu and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person on your next visit,

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Alila Villas Uluwatu is probably one of the most spectacular hotel I have ever visited.

The view was breathtaking, where you can see the Indian Ocean.It has a very unique design and architecture. The sunset cabana is phenomenal.

Sadly, we could not find those view from the villa. The villa is only "partial" ocean view.
The food at The Warung was excellent. They serve a very nice Indonesian cuisine.

Overall, I think this is the best hotel in Uluwatu / Jimbaran.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Dear daincredible D,

Thank you for sharing your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience here on trip advisor and the team and I are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay as well as Sunset Cabana, the food at the Warung and many other things.

Please do let us know if you wish to come back to stay with us and I will be happy to help out making arrangements,

Best regards from the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I had an amazing weekend. It was very relaxing and your property was very well maintained. The staff were incredibly helpful and polite. The wedding was beautiful. I will definitely return with my family soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Devina H, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Mommajei,

We are happy to hear that you rated our team as incredibly helpful and polite and I am glad to learn you had an amazing weekend and a great wedding at Alila Villas Uluwatu.

Please do let us know if you wish to return to Alila Villas Uluwatu and we will be happy to make arrangements for you.

Best regards from South Bali,

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We have stayed at some of the most luxury hotels in the world and Alilia Ulawatu has been the best stay we have ever had. Looking to propose to my partner they helped me plan every detail over the span of a year and made every detail amazing and special. The service from all the staff but Wei and Joni especially was incredible and can't thank them enough for making it such a memorable trip. We can't wait to return very soon. Thanks again, Simon & Jordan

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Devina H, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Simon & Jordan,

Congratulations to both of you and we are all glad that she said yes. Rest assured that I have passed on your praise to Joni, Wei and the rest of the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu.

We look forward to welcoming you back for celebrating your wedding, your honeymoon or any other occasion and please feel free to contact me directly in case I can help out planning.

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu,