A magnificent long weekend holiday. Wonderful services, exquisite food, and beautiful scenery. It can be a little bit pricy - but trust me worth every cent of it. Will come back to stay in AVU in the short future.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
A magnificent long weekend holiday. Wonderful services, exquisite food, and beautiful scenery. It can be a little bit pricy - but trust me worth every cent of it. Will come back to stay in AVU in the short future.MoreShow less
Glad to hear you enjoyed the weekend with us at Alila Villas Uluwatu and we are happy you enjoyed the service of our team, the food as well as the scenery.
Please be encouraged to contact me once you plan to return as we will make sure that we exceed your expectations again.
Best regards from the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,
- Uluwatu doesn't have a whole lot going on which is great if you want to relax and 'get away from it all.' Would not recommend going here if you're looking for the Bali party scene
- There's no beach here so if you're looking for a dip in the ocean, this is NOT the place for you. The villas have a nice view and there is a beautiful infinity edge pool but just no beach (fine for me, but hubby prefers more beach access).
- All the rooms are the same size and include a private plunge pool. The rooms are very spacious and very well appointed with a lounger, indoor/outdoor showers, super comfy bed.
- Higher rooms offer a slightly better view, but all the rooms are good
- Overall good but I am spoiled and used to 5 star service and there were a few hiccups, for example having to wait several minutes for a buggy, room service forgetting something small, etc. (nothing huge, but just not perfect service)
- Breakfast is included with most rates. It's a-la-carte and the portions are TINY, but you can order as many things as you want so it's kind of fun
- Lunch- 2 choices- one traditional Indonesian place (Warung) and the other is more Western style. We were disappointed with Warung- the flavors just didn't agree with us. The Western restaurant is ok, but not spectacular.
- Dinner- again 2, choices (are you sensing a theme here?) The food is just ok. We actually chartered a driver to go off site for dinner on multiple nights because the food selection here just wasn't up to par.
- The spa here is top notch- the therapists are excellent and the booking agents are really knowledgeable about the services and made excellent recommendations. We spent 3 hours getting pampered and it was heavenly.
- The spa also offers private yoga lessons (including aerial) in a private villa overlooking the ocean- definitely recommend if you are into yoga.
- A nice place to stay with no overt problems but lacked the extra *omph* of service and food choices not very good. Definitely geared toward travelers that want to relax and do nothing.
Dear Tifanny M,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu. We are happy to learn you enjoyed the villas as well as the Spa but at the same time also noted the little hick ups you experienced, which made a good rather than a great experience. We will look into matters with the team and use your feedback to improve our services.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in order to show you the improvements and please be encouraged to contact me in case I can help out making arrangements for your return visit to Alila Villas Uluwatu.
I suppose this review should be prefaced in the context of very high expectations, given that this was the most we have ever spent on a nightly rate (A$1000+, which included a 20% pre-purchase discount). I really wanted to love this property, but.....
I had visions of independent villas perched upon the cliff top at Uluwatu, with a backdrop of ocean and crashing waves - maybe with a view of a surfer - but it's actually a very modern hotel with row upon row of villas adjacent to each other. From our villa, we could mainly see the roofs of other villas, with a tiny rim of blue in the distance if you really looked hard.
Check-in was good, very welcoming. A glass of water as a welcome drink. We were asked whether we preferred nuts, fruit or cookies as a snack - our preference was nuts - but these failed to materialise over the 3 days.
The actual villa is spacious and comfortable.
The majority of staff are faultless in face to face dealings and go out of their way to fix issues. There was a wedding in the grounds on our first night, with live music blaring across the resort (not our idea of peace and tranquility), and after complaining were offered a 90min massage for 2 which was very much appreciated - and spectacular.
We usually asked for housekeeping while we were at breakfast or dinner. We were underwhelmed with housekeeping. A dead fly remained on the bathroom vanity for at least 24 hrs. A bath had been used with soaps, used shampoos etc over the edge - and this wasn't touched during turndown service. Most high level hotels tidy makeup on vanity and place neatly on a towel - here the vanity remained a mess for 3 days.
We loved dinner at the Warung. The staff were knowledgable and pleasant, the food delicious and good value.
The breakfasts on the other hand were not in the same league. Most "hot" choices appeared as though they had been prepared hours earlier and had been sitting in a warmer. My poached egg was almost cold and inedible. This trip also included Kokomo Villas on Gili Trawangan, The Lombok Lodge, The Kunja Villas in Seminyak, and The Legian Hotel in Seminyak - and the quality of the breakfast was the worst by far.
So would we go back? Definitely not at that price for what was delivered.
Thank you for your honest rest review of your stay with us at Alila Villas Uluwatu and I am sorry to learn that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We will look into matters like the amenities in the villa, the tidying up of toiletries, cleanliness in the villa as well as the breakfast and hope to have the opportunity to show you improvements on a next visit.
With best regards from the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,
This hotel is as good as it gets. We have just spent four wonderful nights at this beautiful hotel. The villas are magnificent, the spa facilities excellent, service faultless and food delicious. Thank you Janine for leading such a great team and enabling us to have such a perfect relaxing time.
Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet as I was away from the resorts and I have passed on your comments to Janine and the rest of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Alila Villas Uluwatu and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person on your next visit,
Alila Villas Uluwatu is probably one of the most spectacular hotel I have ever visited.
The view was breathtaking, where you can see the Indian Ocean.It has a very unique design and architecture. The sunset cabana is phenomenal.
Sadly, we could not find those view from the villa. The villa is only "partial" ocean view.
The food at The Warung was excellent. They serve a very nice Indonesian cuisine.
Overall, I think this is the best hotel in Uluwatu / Jimbaran.
Dear daincredible D,
Thank you for sharing your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience here on trip advisor and the team and I are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay as well as Sunset Cabana, the food at the Warung and many other things.
Please do let us know if you wish to come back to stay with us and I will be happy to help out making arrangements,
Best regards from the team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,
I had an amazing weekend. It was very relaxing and your property was very well maintained. The staff were incredibly helpful and polite. The wedding was beautiful. I will definitely return with my family soon.
We are happy to hear that you rated our team as incredibly helpful and polite and I am glad to learn you had an amazing weekend and a great wedding at Alila Villas Uluwatu.
Please do let us know if you wish to return to Alila Villas Uluwatu and we will be happy to make arrangements for you.
Best regards from South Bali,