“Delicious food but very slow service.”

Malagor Fine Thai Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Ossett
Price range: US$20 - US$61
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A friend and I decided to dine at Malagor on Good Friday after several recommendations from friends. We were greeted and sat at our table by a pleasant young lady and left to ponder the menus. The restaurant was fairly quiet but with enough people for it to have a nice atmosphere.

A drinks order was taken and then our food order. Our starters took 20 mins to arrive and were delicious but then we’re left sat in front of empty dishes for over 20 mins. The same lady that sat us seemed to be the only front of house staff and seemed very over stretched. She finally cleared our starters. Our mains arrived after another 30 mins and i could see other tables were also waiting sometime.

Again the mains were delicious but the wait time was a real issue that tarnished our experience. Taking into account they are charging premium prices, you’d expect a much tighter service.

Ben M, General Manager at Malagor Fine Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear about your experience. We are aware it was not the best evening for us but due to certain circumstances which were out of our control, we were under staff. As you have mentioned that you were recommended by several of your friends, we would like to reassure you this is not how we usually operate.

As a small family business we really appreciate all of our customers’ feedback and we're glad to hear that you have enjoyed the food. We hope this experience does not stop you from re-visiting us again.

Korb Khun Ka (Thank you),
Malagor Team

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our second visit to Malagor, and we tried different meals this time. All superb, and we will definitely visit again.

Ben M, General Manager at Malagor Fine Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us. As a small family business we really do appreciate all of out customers' feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Korb Khun ka,

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I decided to go for a meal, the place was quite busy to say the weather was terrible and was white over outside.We asked to be seated somewhere warm as it was so cold that evening, we were sat beside a radiator that wasn’t actually on!I had a starter and a main, both tasty and presented lovely, hubbys main was also tasty. The service was good too, my only complaint was how cold the place was the evening we visited, other diners were sat eating with their coats on too. We will definitely be back, when the weather picks up, or when something is done about the heating.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Top service, Excellent parking, Superb tasting food in an ambient atmosphere. What more could you ask for.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I haven't been here for a while so I was very excited when my partner was taking me here for valentine. We both really enjoyed everything! Food was amazing! I can't believe that pomelo salad was on the menu. It's amazing!! I had this dish in Thailand almost 10 years ago and had a dream to have it again (I wish, I could make it at home) our main course is great as well. I enjoin my seafood and my partner really enjoyed the duck curry. Also want to mention the valentine decoration, it is so beautiful!! It's a shame we can't stay for cocktails because of work at the next day. We noticed the new sitting area, it looked fantastic. Would love to sit there next time.