“Fish and chips”

Riverside Fish and Chips
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: New Batter, New Fries, New Guys... August 21st 2018, We took over Riverside Fish & Chips in Durham. We have taken her back in time with a menu that features Beer battered Halibut, Haddock and Pollock. Homemade Hamburgers, Fresh Cut Fries. Montreal Style Poutine, 20 flavors of ice cream with your choice of bowl, sugar cone, or waffle cone. We will continue to add to the menu. Classically trained staff and experienced owners in the restaurant business brings great food at reasonable prices. We live local, buy local, hire local. Carey & Janel
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Still being new to the area I am slowly trying out the different venues here. My first order of fish and chips and I must admit, the best in town so far. It's a tiny place, nothing fancy...great portion size and fair price!

Janel H, Owner at Riverside Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi we are the new owners of Riverside and hope we can continue to meet your dining expectations. We have changed menu to include more variety of fish adding Halibut and Haddock. We have also gone with homemade Burgers Fresh Cut Fries. Portion Sizes are still large, with great pricing.

We hope you enjoy,

Carey & Janel

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

So we often do a camping thing in Crawford. And recently had a very bad experience. So we ordered a fairly large order from these guys as their fish and chip are usually really good. Well they messed all of our orders up.. they over charged us for poutine and fish but there were not nearly enough of what we ordered.. he sent is inside as their debit machine was down but aftet waiting almost 15 mins inside he comes in and asked us what we were paying for. We then stated that he had sent us inside to pay.. he muttered under his breath "well what did i charge them for". The service was horrible he was dropping fbombs out side. We will not go back. Also bought some pub mix that was completely expired.. this place has gone downhill..

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This place must have new ownership. The food has went down hill and prices have went up. The lady working (she must be an owner maybe) is one of the rudest people I have ever encountered, not to me but the older man infront of me asked about why his bill was so high and she was so rude to him. I felt bad for him. Sadly we use to frequent here at least once a week and now won't go back!!

2  Thank Tshular
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Ordered fish and chips for my wife and myself. Absolutely, hands down, the worst fish I have ever tasted. Completely overcook. Burnt. Real bad. No!!! REAL BAD!!!!
My wife's meal was OK. If there hadn't been a 20 minute wait and a line up of 6 people ordering and another 6 getting ice cream I would have complained and returned it. Cooking oil smoking so bad that both doors needed to be opened so we could breath.
Head chef 17Years old? Supervisor 18 years old??
The staff were nice enough but where is management on a summer Friday night when its so busy. Place is dirty as you can expect as they have no time to clean while cooking and dishing out ice cream. " DON"T STOP HERE----EVER!"
If there was less than a 1 rating I would give it.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Worst fish and chips Ever! Waited an hour for our food and when we got it it was the smallest piece of fish I've ever seen with 5 French fries to accompany it. Paid 30$ for a minnow and a few French fries. First and last time we will be going there.

1  Thank Sarah R