Aphrodite Hills Golf & Spa Resort Residences(Kouklia)(Great Value!)
US$200
TripAdvisor
1,730 results
All reviewsvillage squaresunset baradult poolswim up rooma la carte restaurantsbooking systemolive restaurantmain poolbuffet restaurantstone grillcarob loungebook daysprivate poolcosta coffeeel saborthomson staffhuge bathroom
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We stayed this hotel for a week from 13th April. We have previously stayed at the Sensatori in Jamaica and whilst this one in Cyprus is definitely not at the same high standard as the Jamaican one, this is reflected in the price and we did have a nice relaxing week away. We travelled as a couple with a 10 month old baby.

Good points:
- Housekeeping were good. Our room had usually been made up during the half hour we were gone for breakfast, and they came back round in the evening with fresh towels, more water etc.
- The staff in the restaurants, especially the breakfast and lunch buffet, were very friendly and welcoming.
- A la carte restaurants were all nice and we had some really lovely meals in them. For lunch you can eat a la carte in El Sabor (Mexican) or at the buffet. For dinner there is three a la carte options (Mexican, Oriental and Mediterranean) and the buffet. There is also an adults only a la carte restaurant for dinner but it’s a €20 supplement and not open yet when we were there).
- Drinks were nice, with a good range of cocktails available. Personally I didn’t like the white wine but the sparkling wine was good.
- Evening piano/guitar entertainment in the lounge was nice (albeit somewhat repetitive each night). The shows are not really our thing but we did try the Show Lounge one night (Theatreland Show) and were really impressed at what great job the cast did, actually sounded like we were in the West End!

Things that could be better:
- The restaurant booking system. You cannot go to the a la carte restaurants without pre-booking. This is done via an app on your phone, screens available around the resort, or asking reception. The process of booking it via the app is really not user friendly and quite frustrating. You get directed though several web pages and cannot ‘go back’ without starting again. The system insisted I book a table for three every night, despite the fact the baby would always be sleeping in her buggy and not requiring a table space. Spaces were limited and often there was only two seat tables left, which it wouldn’t let me book. Spaces for dinner are released two days before at 9am and except very early times, most slots were booked within the hour.
- As others have mentioned, the towels need replacing.
- For our first two nights there was no air conditioning and we were so hot we got very little sleep. We were told air con wasn’t ‘turned on’ yet as it was still considered to be cold at night and therefore the heating was on instead. It was 26/27 degrees most days and so hot in the room. Luckily they allowed air con on our third night.
- The Gefsis snack bar had the worst sandwiches! Basically flat bits of cardboard bread with almost no filling. The snacks from there are definitely an area for improvement.

For parents with babies:
- In the buffet restaurant there is baby station with a microwave, kettle and Tommee Tippee steriliser available for use. Plenty of Ikea highchair, which are marked as disinfected.
- We paid £15 when we booked for a wooden cot, which was nice and our baby slept well in it. However I heard that the hotel provide travel cots for free, and I noticed on seeing a few of these in the corridor that the travel cots also had proper mattresses.
- We used the Sensatori Nursery and thought it was good. We were able to book ad hoc half day sessions for €30 whilst in the resort. (They were clear that this was only because they were quiet and in busier times you have to prebook before the holiday).
- You can also book night nursery sessions when you are in the resort, for €36 (7.30-11.30pm), which run on Wednesday and Sunday evening.
- You can also take your baby along yourself to stay and play sessions that run for an hour twice a day in he Playhouse.
- The kids splash pool is VERY cold. But the main pool has a very shallow area which our baby liked to splash in and the activity pool is warm (and only used for activities for less than two hours a day whilst we were there), as is the indoor/outdoor pool in the health club.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank kiri_235
SENSATORICyprus, General Manager at Sensatori Resort Aphrodite Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review.

Your comments and feedback are very valuable to us.
Thank you for your kind words for our housekeeping and restaurant staff - high customer service is of upmost importance to us.

Thank you for mentioning all services and amenities available for parents travelling with babies and young children - we strive to make your stay as comfortable and hassle free as possible,

We do hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

First I’d like to thank Marta from reservations I had excellent reply’s to all my emails before we even arrived great service Thankyou. This hotel was great for me myself and my 15yr old we had a great swim up room worth every penny it was so peaceful and relaxing. Our room was cleaned by 10am every morning. The food and service was great so much choice and plenty of it. This hotel is a little out the way but that’s wot we look for it’s personal choice but I like that there’s no clubs and it’s just relaxing. I noticed that if you have any mobility problems there was ramps and lifts everywhere I’m getting over a illness which means I struggle with my arms there are swim up rooms with steps at the ends that make it easy to get in and out it you have any issues using the ladders if this affects you email the hotel before you arrive to let them know they were great with helping me. We made our own little trip out using a taxi for 70euro we went to paphos town the castle the kings shopping centre and stopped at Aphrodite rock for photos fantastic. The last couple of trips I’ve found the TUI reps not much good but I have to say I thought they were great here. Thankyou Aphrodite hills for a lovly holiday and a fantastic birthday cake we will be back.

Room Tip: Block 5 has a wonderful view
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank samjane321
SENSATORICyprus, General Manager at Sensatori Resort Aphrodite Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear Reviewer,

I am very pleased to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your holiday with us and that you have returned home with fond memories of your stay at our Resort.

Thank you also for the words dedicated to our helpful staff, for us it is very important as we do really care about all of our guests to make their stay unique and unforgettable. We will definitely pass your gratitude to them.

Our kindest thanks for sharing this experience with us and other reviewers, which we sincerely hope, will bring you back to the Sensatori Resort Aphrodite Hills again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived 13 April - Hotel, grounds, rooms stunning! Food in main buffet restaurant very good and ate our breakfast and lunch on outside terrace of Fig and Olive which is adult only zone and very pretty! Evg meal in main buffet restaurant was eaten in not so good surroundings / they do have an adult only section but in comparison to standard of rest of hotel it was very disappointing....almost holiday camp feeling which was a shame considering the standard of food you were eating! You can book a la carte restaurants 48 hours in advance which has choice of Mexican/Mediterranean or Asian! Cocktail bar lovely with good service from George and Oliver but main bar not so good...

We spent our days around the adult pool and the service there was excellent! Special mention to noami who was charming, attentive and always smiling - an absolute credit to the hotel ... I’d be giving her a bonus if I was her manager - super young lady!

There are a lot of weddings going on which unfortunately meant some unsavoury characters about which you would not expect to be staying in a 5 star resort like this....

However, Overall a fabulous hotel, weather great and would return again......

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Alabama17

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

I am thrilled you described our hotel, grounds and rooms as stunning!

Thank you for your special mention of one of my staff - Naomi - your comments will be passed on with thanks.

I am pleased you are thinking of returning already - we look forward to your return!

Nicolas Kittis

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Having stayed at Sensatori Crete we were looking forward to the same standard of excellent facilities and service, sadly this was not the case. Our room although very nice was let down extremely by the housekeeping, we had a dirty bed sheet and throw, the room wasn't swept or the surfaces in the bathroom and around the coffee maker wiped until we complained, the towels were old and scratchy likewise the bathrobes had seen better days and were extremely small, we had to request several times for our toiletries to be replenished and the mini bar was never restocked.
We stayed the first week in April although the weather in the daytime was hot in the evening the temperature was quite cold which meant that all the hotel guests were fighting to get a seat in the piano bar as no arrangements had been made to put patio heaters on the terrace other than the 2 for the smokers, we ended up one evening sitting in the reception at a tour operators desk !! not what you expect of a 5 star hotel.
The food in the buffet restaurant was really good with plenty of choices which was just as well as we were unable to book any of the other restaurants during our stay as they were supposedly fully booked even though each night there were plenty of tables spare. Dress codes in the restauarants didn't seem to be adhered to even letting football shirts be worn definately a drop in standards.
After the fabulous experience we had in Crete we will definately not be returning to this hotel and are now dubious of trying any others with Sensatori other than Crete.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review and feedback and I am sorry you thought your stay as disappointing

I am happy you thought our buffet menu was really good with plenty of choices.
I am sorry you thought the housekeeping department let your stay down and this, as well as your other suggestions, will be investigated and looked into with the relevant department.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I could not recommend this resort enough, the staff are amazing and the food. We had a swimming pool room and it was fantastic and cleaned everyday!

Our wedding was beautiful and Kristina and Leanne the Wedding organisers were fantastic! They did everything and we had nothing to worry about. Our day was perfect❤️

I will definitely be going back in the next couple years to see our Olivie tree. It is worth the price you pay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Rebecca C

Dear Reviewer,

I was very happy to read you have enjoyed the stay and that the staff has helped make it a memorable occasion for you both. I hope it marks the start of a long and happy life for you both together.

We truly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Aphrodite Hills very soon!

Kind Regards,