All reviews big shower check in was a breeze business trip nice hotel bar area is its close proximity dinner buffet room for improvement the hotel offers poor service nigerian dishes hot water home away from home airport gym lagos gra
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the French fries at the pool side, the view was wonderful and staff were friendly. I will recommend for those that have money and need comfort.
Security too is very good as the environment is well secured and location too was an advantage as it is close to both local and international airport because it is located at GRA, Ikeja.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kadiri M
PH-Ikeja, General Manager at Protea Hotel Ikeja, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Good Day Kadiri M,

Thank you so much for rating us on Tripadvisor.

I glad to see that not only did we meet, but we exceeded your expectations at Protea hotel Ikeja.

I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I ordered a meal in the evening and payed 9k for the dish, the very next morning I’ve ordered same meal and received a bill 15k!!!!!! Guess the price depends on the shoes and watch you are wearing! Second of all when arriving to my room I had bed linen not changed (creased and smelly) from previous customer, when asked to change it there was no even surprise on the face of receptionist, reacted as it was normal request

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
PH-Ikeja, General Manager at Protea Hotel Ikeja, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Good Day Anya M,

Thank you for rating us on tripadvisor.

Would it be any way possible if you can contact me with regards to your concerns as I am unable to pick you up on our system. I would like to follow up with your constructive criticism. If the dish was the Prawns, then yes, our prices did go up on the 25th of this month. If I can be in contact with you, I'll be more than welcome to send you the old menu and the new menu where you can see the price difference. We do need to change our prices in the evening once all tables have been closed for the system to update.
I can only follow up the linen once I have your room number, I find it very concerning as this has never happened before .

Please be in contact with me.

Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2018

This hotel is one the best hotels you could pick in Lagos. The staff and Manager is outstanding. I come here quite a lot on business and its such a pleasure to stay here! The staff look after you with care and they value all guests. The hotel offers a gym and a nice refreshing pool. The bar service is outstanding !

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
PH-Ikeja, General Manager at Protea Hotel Ikeja, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Good Day Naill F,

First of all I would like to thank you for rating us on Tripadvisor.

I'm thrilled to know that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations whilst staying with us.

Please could you let us know when you back in Lagos to make your stay even more memorable and comfortable than the last.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

1. Bell boy handled my passport, this made me uncomfortable. I think traffic to the check in desk should be controlled
2. Took 20 minutes to get an iron brought to the room. I ended up leaving without using it.
3. Check in procedure is none existent. I was pointed to the lift to go to my room. No brief on the amenities nor facilities available at all.
4. At breakfast, I was completely ignored by staff who offered no coffee until I got up to get some myself... Even then the question posed was a rude "what do you want"... Repulsive...
5. Staff generally not friendly especially front door staff

Ammenities
1. No TV remote in the room
2. Safe not working
3. Kettle top separated from bottom (see picture), wires exposed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
PH-Ikeja, General Manager at Protea Hotel Ikeja, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Good Day Lcoobath

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor.

I would like to follow your comments up for you, but it seems that I can not pick you up on our system. Would it be any way possible to contact me to provide me with your Name and Last Name which the room was booked?

We at Protea Hotel Ikeja not only want to meet, but exceed GUEST expectation and it is worrisome to see that we have not met yours.

Looking forward in hearing from you.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Very nice hotel Lovely rooms awesome big shower with hot water on demand TV channels not so good Some maintenance are done poor in the bathroom but it does not take away from the space and functionality. No view... Good buffet. Attending and polite staff. Good breakfast. But as in Africa it come with a price. Book a room not on the centre pool, apparently it may be noisy at night. No View.

Room Tip: Not on centre court.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Good Day Willem1969,

I would like to thank you for your kind and warm words. I'm happy to hear that we are exceeding your expectation whilst staying with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Protea Hotel Ikeja in the near future.