“Lovely”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Ikeja
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Undoubtedly one of the best seafood experiences you'll ever have! With unparalleled customer service from a brand you can trust, we look forward to welcoming you to our newest addition to the Ocean Basket brand in Nigeria
Reviewed 4 February 2017

A nice cafe style restaurant serving good quality food at reasonable prices. The waiting staff are charming and attentive. They sang happy birthday to people at the next table with lovely melodic voices as they brought out a birthday cake with sparklers.

We had a platter for two which was nice meal. I wish more restaurants would hand cut real potatoes instead of the mass produced fries which seem to be everywhere. However the fish was tasty, prawns nicely done and the tiny squid and heads were done well. I thoroughly enjoyed my strawberry daiquiri. I did expect more choice of fish dishes with some grilled on the bone and steaks - but all in all this is a low - mid range restaurant with a decent ambience, good food and lovely staff.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

It's a real shame.
I was very excited when I heard ocean basket was coming to Nigeria because I fell in love with it from the first time I tried their platter in South Africa.

The first time I tried out the "Platter for 1" in Ikeja city mall, it was pretty alright, came the second time for dinner with my husband and it was a real waste of time and coins.

Fish didn't taste good, calamari heads were over fried, tasted more like grains of sand, my platter was to come with Fried rice and they gave me jollof rice without asking if it was okay to change my order.
To make it worse, ure serving Jollof rice in Nigeria to a Nigerian, you better get your ingredients right! What I tasted was curry and some colouring that made the rice red.... Real insult to the Nigerian jollof rice, please stick to the fried rice or learn the recipe for jollof rice!..

Though the manager came to apologise but that wasn't going to fetch me a reduced bill... Real waste of money and time... Real shame!.

1  Thank Lola S
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

This cannot get an excellent rating as it is just as ordinary as it can be. But for the standards in Lagos where seafood restaurant is not common place it can be seen as okay. Food here is affordable. The noise at this mail is very unpleasant on a weekend. I suggest weekday outing for any family. It is just too busy out there!

1  Thank 77beni
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic seafood for a reasonable price. Service quality is high. The deserts are awesome and I Would definitely visit again. Will surely recommend

1  Thank Jide O
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place, may be a bit biased cos of my love for seafood, but it was great, good service also from the managers waiters need a bit more trading though.