Wingate by Wyndham Dieppe Moncton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsskating ovalbeautiful hotelunderground parkingice rinkbaconnice big bathroomstayed longerreception areadonutsfarmers marketroom was spaciousstaff were excellentexcellent breakfasthot and cold itemswithin walking distancewould definitely stay here againfruit salad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am not a persnickety guest. I am understanding and empathetic, which is why I was especially disappointed at the service at this hotel.

While I was there for the weekend for work, my husband joined me for one night so we could enjoy a night on the town. When we arrived - shortly after 5pm, I was told my room wasn’t ready. Our initial plan was to shower, change, and have a nice meal. Without access to our room, we were forced to simply head for a local spot and wait for the hotel to give us access to the room.

We finally got to our room around 6pm. When I arrived at the desk I was given my key. I explained how this had affected our evening, and also stressed that I understood the hotel was fully booked and likely understaffed.

Blank stare.

I continued to ask, gently, if there was anything they could do to make things right for us.

Another blank stare.

Losing hope fast, I directly suggested if, at least, we could have a few drinks at the hotel bar.

Success - but I was made to feel like I was asking for a lifetime free pass to the hotel, not a few bar shots that wouldn’t have cost them any more than $10.

And sadly, the story continued.

On the second day of my stay, I had meetings all day in the conference room (which were actually lovely). After the meetings were finished at around 4:30, I made my way to my room, looking forward to unwinding after a long day.

I opened the door, and to my dismay my room was still not attended to by housekeeping, again. Frustrated, but resigned, I decided to go down to the bar to use those hard-won free drinks while hoping housekeeping would eventually get to my room.

I met some friends at the bar, only to be greeted by.... no one. The desk clerk came over, clearly frazzled, and tried to take orders, while explaining many times she wasn’t trained to do so.

With the drinks sorted (after about 10 minutes), the bartender/server arrived, and retook all our orders. She initially would not accept my free drink coupons, making me feel like I was trying to scam her.

After getting our drinks and tapas, we continued to get interrupted by the server a ridiculous amount of times. I think she thought she was being friendly, but we did not need to be told about all the other problems the other guests were having with their internet.

By 5:30, I was finally able to enter my room, though many of the amenities were not refreshed, included basics like the Kleenex box.

I have stayed at many hotels and this my first time staying in a Wyndham brand hotel. Sadly, I think this will be my last.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Book 1 week ahead but when we got there at 430 pm they told us room were not ready.we were given 2 voucher for drink in lobby but nothing for the kids .several client were waiting also but some would register and get there room .after 1hour and 30 minute we finally got our room.the hotel is nice ,room are small,we had book 2 queen bed room.there was a lot of kids because of a ringuette tournament,so some kids were running free all over our floor.our kids when to the pool which was to cold to enjoy and kids to loud with parent not even supervision. We had snow that weekend and our room face the front so cleaning of sidewalk an street started around 530 am so we couldn't sleep also cleaning of parking lots when until 1000 pm.i really regretted that we had book 2 night at that time. Breakfast was ok just like every continaltal breakfast.woild not book there again because of personal experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from traffic road
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Michelanne L, Public Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dieppe Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the type of service we provide to our guests and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments are constructive and will help us to keep our standards up to par.
We sincerely apologize we hope that you will give us a chance to prove that we can do better.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We very nearly didn’t stay at Wingate at all. While in town for meetings, my team had to stay an extra night due to a major snowstorm. Since we’d already checked out of our hotel and would now be driving home with a different group, my team decided to check into their hotel so leaving would be less complicated. The hotel was amazing and the employees were al helpful, and a special thanks goes out to their bar manager who wadn’t even supposed to be opening that night but figured those of us stuck there could use a little something special to warm ourselves up. The friendly service and welcoming atmosphere made a lovely night out of a stressful situation.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Wingate Dieppe. We are so happy that you did end up staying with us and that everything went great. We hope that you will visit us again soon

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Michelanne L, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Dieppe Moncton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business