Travelodge Dumfries(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
US$96
Townhead Hotel(Lockerbie)
US$96
US$132
All reviewshaggisfamily roomoff roadfamily run hotelblack puddingrelaxing weekendevening mealfood was lovelycarolinedumfries
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We have just spent 2 nights at this hotel and I have to say Ken and Caroline are two of the best hoteliers I have met.....we were greeted at the door by Caroline the first day and by a member of staff the second day.....The room was large and very clean....we ate in the restaurant on our second night and the food was delicious....I had the salmon with coconut rice sweet chilli sauce and stir fried veg....my husband and one of our friends had highland chicken (chicken stuffed with haggis) mash and veg and he thought it was brilliant....we also know the fajitas are excellent too as our friend had that and he loved them.....the staff couldn't be more friendly and polite....the price for the meal was very reasonable too....we ate in the bar rather than the dinning room and the atmosphere was brilliant....there was a large tv playing but it didn't spoil and thing as it was not overly loud....breakfast was a delight....even though I ordered a full English for my husband and Ken laughingly pointed out it was a full Scottish....for which I apologised....I had poached egg with toast (I will point out here that they are not done in a proper poacher but were beautifully cooked with runny yolks and the white properly cooked and not like jelly like I have had in other hotels) and we also had a mound of toast with butter jam and honey on the table too.
The hotel is child friendly too as there was a couple of families there and they were well looked after too.
The only thing I would say is the beds are quite firm and as I have arthritis in my back I found them to be uncomfortable....I pointed this out to Ken and he said it was because he had just replaced most of the beds and he chose firm ones because he wanted good ones that would stand up to the constant use....this will not stop me from going again as I did mange to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely meal worth the money i paid for it the staff where very friendly and also child friendly. It was in a quite area. There was a big car park the gardens where nice. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Dumfries and half hour to Carlisle.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Great family run hotel with excellent food and hospitality. Salt and pepper chicken stir fry was spot on. Even have their own friendly bar dog! Relaxing stay and Ken the owner a smashing host. Excellent base 5 minutes from Dumfries and not far from motorway.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Booked last minute for the Steak Night (Friday) . even although we live 5 minutes away we hadnt been to the Manor for a long time. We will certainly be back very soon. Excellent meal great value for money and the staff were lovely. Thank you..See you soon.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The Manor is a family run hotel, the owners were very welcoming and chatty. Food is really good and the menu is varied and interesting, it is a people friendly hotel. Quiet location with no traffic noise. Wifi available throughout & mobile signal good. My room was large, well equipped, clean and the bed was perfect - had a good sleep. Good place for business travellers.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business