The Manor Country House Hotel
TripAdvisor
US$94
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn Lockerbie Annandale Water(Lockerbie)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$55
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

US$61
  • Restaurant
The Corner House Hotel(Annan)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$136
US$155
  • Restaurant
All reviewshaggisfamily roomoff roadfamily run hotelblack puddingstayed one nightevening mealfood was lovelykendumfrieshosts
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband as we were in the area taking part in tough mudder. Lovely building, room big and clean and had a great night sleep. We had a meal in restaurant which was lovely and tasty, big portions and brilliant value.
The owners are lovely people, took time to chat to us and as we were leaving early before breakfast put together an amazing box of rolls, snacks and drinks for us. Even a wee bottle of prosecco! which we'll be raising a glass to our tough mudder success tonight. Can't remember the last time we stayed somewhere where the customer care was so good. Thank you so much!! Will definitely recommend and will be back

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Had a really good family sunday lunch here today. Meals were a good size, my ten year old had a half portion which she really enjoyed. it was beef and pork, roast potatoes, mash, vegetables. Yorkshire pudding and gravy. The Yorkshire pudding was home- made and the gravy was delicious. The draft Peroni was excellent and my son who has a dairy allergy was well catered for, with the staff happily substituting ice cream for jelly. It was not too busy, the staff were a bit pushed and they could have done with maybe one more waitress on as it took a while for plates to be cleared but that would be the only drawback I could mention. We will not hesitate to return food was great and helpful staff

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Our room was a good size and had a sofa for added comfort and it was kept spotlessly clean. The beds were super comfortable and we slept well.
I had liaised with Ken throughout our booking procedure and this was all handled most efficiently. In fact Ken was most attentive whilst we were guests.
We cannot heap enough praise on this hotel for its excellent standard of cuisine, both breakfast and dinner were always fantastic. The highland chicken was delicious and whenever we ate the staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed the experience.
We chose to stay here as we like to go to nature reserves and we found several in the area, Ken Dee marshes, Threave Castle, Caelaverock and Lockerbie, all of which we can recommend the latter providing a red squirrel amongst many different species of animals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of the garden
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We have just spent 2 nights at this hotel and I have to say Ken and Caroline are two of the best hoteliers I have met.....we were greeted at the door by Caroline the first day and by a member of staff the second day.....The room was large and very clean....we ate in the restaurant on our second night and the food was delicious....I had the salmon with coconut rice sweet chilli sauce and stir fried veg....my husband and one of our friends had highland chicken (chicken stuffed with haggis) mash and veg and he thought it was brilliant....we also know the fajitas are excellent too as our friend had that and he loved them.....the staff couldn't be more friendly and polite....the price for the meal was very reasonable too....we ate in the bar rather than the dinning room and the atmosphere was brilliant....there was a large tv playing but it didn't spoil and thing as it was not overly loud....breakfast was a delight....even though I ordered a full English for my husband and Ken laughingly pointed out it was a full Scottish....for which I apologised....I had poached egg with toast (I will point out here that they are not done in a proper poacher but were beautifully cooked with runny yolks and the white properly cooked and not like jelly like I have had in other hotels) and we also had a mound of toast with butter jam and honey on the table too.
The hotel is child friendly too as there was a couple of families there and they were well looked after too.
The only thing I would say is the beds are quite firm and as I have arthritis in my back I found them to be uncomfortable....I pointed this out to Ken and he said it was because he had just replaced most of the beds and he chose firm ones because he wanted good ones that would stand up to the constant use....this will not stop me from going again as I did mange to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely meal worth the money i paid for it the staff where very friendly and also child friendly. It was in a quite area. There was a big car park the gardens where nice. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Dumfries and half hour to Carlisle.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family