The Cove Cabins(Auld's Cove)
Hotels.com
All reviewscape bretoncabot trailcove motelseafoodnova scotiadining roomgreat foodnice viewwater viewmy wiferoom was cleanstopped for lunchnext morningplace to eatcould have been betterthe atlantic oceanhidden treasure
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We only tried the restaurant and if the lobster matched the view we would not complain, however $50 for a 2lbs was not cheap and overdone. Not sure if it was the late time in the eve,... 8.30ish pm. View was great but the meal was not the best considering it was expensive.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

It was our anniversary and we received a gift voucher from a friend to stay
It was AFL qualifying final so we got room service with an outstanding seafood platter. Yummy.
Off the menu breakfast. Very nice indeed
Over all a lovely place to stay and eat. Very homie.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This amazing little restaurant is really a treasure! Although I am from Nova Scotia, I had never been to this restaurant. I certainly will be back. It is located in Auld's Cove, just prior to Cape Breton. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. Service and food were exceptional. It has a lovely view of the Atlantic Ocean.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The motel is listed in yp.ca as being located in Frankville, NS, a community about 10 kilometres west of it's Auld's Cove location. Google maps, Apple Maps and my Garmin GPS all took me to a Frankville. When I finally found the property (staff were not particularly helpful) I was disappointed both by the quality of the bed and the poor heating control in the room.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 7 September 2017

Not much we can do about this. If you Google Map B0H 1K0, you'll see that most of the postal code is Frankville, but our little sliver of a peninsula is also included. If you Google Map "Cove Motel" and select the matching record, our map marker is correct. (For anyone else reading this, just look for Exit 39 as you're driving along the Trans Canada Highway!)

Please contact me to provide more information about the heating control. It's a standard thermostat with an up and down button, so I'm not sure about where the issue was.

Sorry about the folks at yp.ca mistyping our address :( (rather than D-31 Rd, they took the D as a unit number, and put us on 31 Rd, which doesn't exist. hence, map software will take you to the centre of Frankville) I'll inform yp of the mistake.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch with a big group on our way to Cape Breton. Overall our meals were fine, though the service was pretty confused. Folks who got their meals first ended up getting their desserts last, and vice versa. Could have been better organized.

I do want to mention that their blueberry crisp was incredibly good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends