“Still amazing two years later”
Review of Aghnas Coffe Shop

Aghnas Coffe Shop
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I was here with a friend two years ago and I brought my mother here this year.
Aghna's is a lovely coffee shop with a lovely atmosphere inside. The staff are also really nice.
The food is hearty and wholesome and delicious with generous portions. I had mushroom soup with scrumptious brown bread and my mother had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich which she said was excellent.
We visit Mayo every summer and will make Aghna's a regular stop.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Was passing by Claremorris and needed a porridge breakfast, simply delicious followed by signature scone and coffee. Lovely friendly staff.
Great local buzz n the place.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Aghnas while passing through en route to Westport. Had absolutely no idea what to expect. Hadn't done any research. Just walked in off the street so to speak....Thankfully I did.

I had arguably the tastiest, healthiest and heartiest vegetable soup ever as a starter and that was followed by a lightly stuffing stuffed chicken fillet with a hint of cranberry. The fillet was a mix of steamed and baked. Absolutely gorgeous. I honestly can say I'v never tasted chicken like it and I'v eaten in LOTS of restaurants. So soft, juicy and succulent. I was bold and had dessert also. The most generous and tasty slice of 'homemade' rhubarb pie. Melt in the mouth it was.

The staff are as friendly and chatty as you'll find with excellent, prompt service. Good ole fashioned sense of community here.

I'd actually purposely drive 2 hours again to specifically have the above 3 courses again. When in Claremorris or passing through....go nowhere else.

Oh and the value? Exceptional.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Love this place - great for a pit stop with great coffee, cappuccino & a lovely selection of cakes, scones etc. The staff are always very friendly & helpful.

1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The exterior is very unremarkable but the large numbers reflect the quality and value of the food. This coffee shop was recommended to me by a local and it turned out to be a winner. We had lunch - soup and brown bread to die for on a nippy day - great fresh salmon salad - good coffee. The shop is nicely decorated and very clean. The staff are on the ball and pleasant - which may not be the case elsewhere in the town. The food is served fresh and there is free internet; a plus for travelling business people.
We will return.