“Christmas party night”

Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Claremorris
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

We expected to be seated and served at 7.30 by 10pm we had not received our main course and there was only one other group in the place. Am disgusted and disappointed that anyone could be treated this way we were also sold Tesco's finest prosecco for €21.50 - it's €14 in the shop will NEVER go back

4  Thank DeeDee H
There are newer reviews for Maxwell's Bar & Grill

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here with family recently. Service was very slow. Garlic mushrooms were awful- there was a horrible taste of old oil off them. One of our group ordered a medium rare steak which came out well done. Another ordered the steak sandwich- the baguette was completely covered in pepper. I mean tonnes of pepper. I dont know what that was about. The place was freezing cold and had no atmosphere.

5  Thank Manganenator
Reviewed 27 September 2016

This place was great when it opened and until recently, really nicely decorated - good all day menu, good service, very clean - great coffee, etc. I used to pop in all the time and take friends/family for coffee or lunch and it was always great apart from one silly wrangle over the desert menu one Sunday afternoon!
However, I popped in recently by myself for a light lunch and was surprised at the changes - not in a good way. The menu has become really 'roadside cafe' style and the service was really awful. It took ages to get served - not just myself I noticed - and the food was just not what it used to be. Also - the downstairs area/loos etc used to be really clean but that was not the case on my last visit. Very disappointing. I may give it one last chance in case this was a one off - but somehow I'm not hopeful.

1  Thank BspyB
MaxClaremorris, General Manager at Maxwell's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Hello, Thank your for your review.

We have been going through a lot of changes here since we actually took over the running of the establishment. We have completely renovated the Upstairs of the premises with a lot of building works happening over the last couple of months. Due to the disruption we decided to have a reduced menu during renovations as we have 2 kitchens (1 Prep and 1 Service) on site and was not practical going through a building site continually. We are glad to say that renovations upstairs have now finished and regular service will be resumed including our extended menu from Monday 3rd October and a completely new Menu for our Upstairs (Madison Late & Live) Coming Very Soon.

I hope this is helpful and hopefully we will see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for pub grub in Claremorris, you can't do better than Maxwells. Great selection on the menu and the staff were very friendly. Time to become a regular.

1  Thank Emmett G
MaxClaremorris, Owner at Maxwell's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank You, That's very much appreciated.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Service was quick and waiter was very friendly but the food let it down. Had the burger which tasted frozen.very disappointed as I heard a lot about it

1  Thank unicorn_6435