“Much improved since Sept 2016 visit.”

Maxwell's Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Claremorris
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Felt I should update my opinion as I've been back to Maxwells' a couple of times recently. The menu and service has greatly improved again - back to when it first opened. One thing that's missing is the chips - way back they were fantastic big 'home cooked' and served in a cone - but now they have the skinny pre-packaged (I think) variety and they're just run of the mill. Other than that its back on my list of places to take people for lunch or coffee, a drink etc!

MaxClaremorris, Owner at Maxwell's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank You for reviewing us again, we are continually striving to make things better with Changes in Personnel, New Menus and Changes of Suppliers just some of the things happening over the past 6 months. Last summer we were renovating our upstairs which had a Knock on Effect as we were tight for space etc. However future changes are again on the horizon to make things even better, watch this space!!!

There are newer reviews for Maxwell's Bar & Grill

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

After being in Ireland for a week and travelling around, I was craving something besides the usual (delicious!) pub fare that we had been having for dinner. We stopped in here and I ordered Spaghetti bolognese and it was delicious! I had a small Caesar salad with it and was so filling. My husband had the Max burger and it was gone before I finished my salad so it's safe to say it was delicious!

The waiter working even gave me directions to the best pizza parlour around in case we were hungry again later. Great spot!

MaxClaremorris, Owner at Maxwell's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you very much for your very kind and wonderful review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Beautiful for the evening out, friendly and great service, good food & enjoyable! Its nice drop in on that stroll around!

1  Thank Anna N
MaxClaremorris, Owner at Maxwell's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank You very much, we very much appreciate the Positive Feedback.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Slightly dingey interior. Food was excessively greasy and processed with little to no effort made in presentation. Would not recommemd.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Myself and my wife while out shopping popped in. We had never tried it before and I am glad we did. Bright modern with some people sitting down eating already. We were greeted quickly and professionally by the barman. Given the menus and told of the special of the day. We ordered tea with extra tea bags in it while we went through the menu. I been a typical Irishman had to go for the ham and cabbage while my wife had steak in a wrap that wasn't on the menu. We both enjoyed the food very much. My wife couldn't finish hers and offered it to me and I had to turn it down as I was that full. Well done we will be back again

Thank You for your wonderful review, it's always motivating to hear such comments and we look forward to welcoming you back!!