“ALWAYS THE BEST!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Lucignano
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Home Made Ice Cream. We use only fresh Milk and Cream; No Vegetable Fats; Sorbets with minimum 50% of fruit content; only 100% pure Pistache. We strive to reach the best customer satisfaction and to offer the best possible Gelato. This because Gelato is our passion!!
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Myself and my colleagues are often in the area for work and we make a point of going up to Lucignano to visit Ezio and his wife as often as possible. They have the most incredible gelato with great flavor, variety, temperature, and quality. The shop is wonderful and the remodel has made it an all around great experience. The best is the mid summer extra flavors! They make the only mint I will eat in Italy because it's really and with perfect flavor.
There is clearly knowledge and care put into the business, gelato, and relationships.
Ezio is always friendly and talkative, super nice and very passionate.

I would not go anywhere else near by, why bother? I love Gelaterie C'era Una Volta!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

the range of flavours and the fact that Ezio makes them each day with such fresh ingredients meant our diets were on hold as we had a gelati each day for at least 14 days while living in the town. We chose take away to go with dessert a few nights. we were not disappointed once. My favourites were the lemon and chocolate but others loved the cream and hazelnut but all were good.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Our search for the best ice cream is possibly over - this spotless little gelateria sells the most delicious gelati made fresh on the premises daily. The silver fox went for milk chocolate & caramel , I had the dark chocolate & fior di latte (my standard flavour taste test.) All fantastic; silky smooth textures, pure & clean on the palate, at great prices. Service was charming too; I'd eat here daily if I lived nearby - it was that good.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We holidayed in Lucignano 3 years ago and fell in love with 'Snoopys' (as it was called then) and its incredible gelato. It wasn't just the fantastic flavours it was also the smoothest I've ever tasted thanks to the vintage Carpiagani machines. No other Italian gelateria comes close.
When we chose to return to Tuscany, we decided on Lucignano based almost entirely on the fact we wanted a daily ice cream from this place. It didn't disappoint.
For a brief moment when I saw it was called C'era Una Volta, I thought it had changed hands and my holiday was ruined. But it's just had a revamp and Ezio is still in charge. He speaks great English and is so passionate about his ice cream. I really can't recommend this place highly enough.

Ezio-tazio, Proprietario at Gelaterie C'era Una Volta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

I am speachless... Thanks for your deep words and your commitment to my gelato. I am Just sorry this year I had not enough time to spent with you and other so nice customers. Thanks again. It is a pleasure to satisfy and serve gelato lovers like you!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I really think this 'gelateria' should be the best within 100km (right now it's the best on trip advisor within 50km) because the ice cream tastes really good and the Crêpes too. My whole family thinks it's the best ice cream we have ever eaten.
The owner can speak at least three languages (English, German and Italian) so there was no problem with the order.
And he is also a really nice person.