The hotel is absolutely huge and we weren't fussed about it being isolated as there is so much to do and with a one and six year old we didn't want to go on too many trips in the heat of August anyway.
The main highlights for the hotel for us were:
1. Kids clubs were fantastic. Our daughter loved the 6 11 club and went most days for either the morning or afternoon session. It was very busy and we did have to queue 15 or so minutes in advance to secure a place but it was the middle of the school holidays so to be expected really. Our son went to the baby club and we couldn't fault it. It was just like his nursery in England with a lovely cool room fully equipped with toys, paints, highchairs etc and fully qualified friendly staff. There was a toddler session you could go to with them to check it out and get them used to the surroundings before deciding whether to use it which was a great chance for him to 'settle in'. Amazing to get a couple of hours peace knowing they were both in safe hands.
2. The adventure land was brilliant for our children. They loved going there on a golf buggy and the slides and rubber rings were fab. It was a nice change of scenery and was never too busy as you would go for a couple of hours and then come back to go to one of the restaurants. There is a bar there for drinks and small snacks.
3. The Les Mills classes. These were fantastic!! I took my trainers thinking I might go to the gym a couple of times and I ended up doing the exercise class every day, sometimes twice a day! They have body balance on the beach at 9 - such a peaceful start to the day and then early evening I would do a more upbeat class in the shaded outdoor exercise area with views over the sea, hotel and mountains. Tyorven in particular was a great instructor - full of energy and made it really enjoyable.
4. Kids entertainment in the evening was brilliant. My daughter loved the 'download' and joined in with the dances and games. I can't really comment on the later entertainment as we took them off to bed.
5. Fab selection of food and drink at all the different restaurants. Lots of choice and things like the chocolate fountain and pancakes were particular hits with the kids.
6. Lovely clean accommodation with a good size bathroom with a bath and nice air conditioning.
7. The shop was well stocked. I'm not sure why a previous reviewer said they couldn't get paracetamol as we got this and also some after bite cream, sun lotion etc. There was also a large range of toys, inflatables, fishing nets etc although they were on the more expensive side.
8. Loved the swim up bar in the 'quiet pool' and the shaded toddler pool was great.
9. Ice creams and pancakes at the gelateria were delicious and a nice thing to do in the afternoon.
10. Beach is close and we really enjoyed making sandcastles and making use of the free sun loungers there. The water is rocky but there is a path made of sandbags to get over the rocks and then there are loads of fish so snorkelling is brilliant. The children can also fish off the pier with nets from the shop and bread rolls from the buffet as bait!
Overall this hotel is amazing. The only negatives I can think of are:
1. Some cocktails like Mojitos as well as fresh orange juice aren't included in the all inclusive and you have to pay extra which is quite annoying (even though you could help yourself to as many oranges as you want at breakfast!)
2. Lots has been said about the trouser rule for men. It really is silly as the women can wear whatever they like and the men were turning up in very casual trousers and flip flops which was considered fine! Although I'd warned my husband about this rule he didn't realise it applied to the main buffet restaurant and only took a couple of pairs of trousers. So make sure you pack a few more pairs.
These are really minor quibbles though and I would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos