Hermes Hotel(Kefalos)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Royal Bay(Kefalos)
1,655 results
All reviewskids clubactivity poolmain restaurantrelax poolwaiter serviceswim up barevening entertainmentcrepesentertainment teamitalian restaurantswim up roomgolf buggywater parka la carte restaurantsaegean restaurantice creammain pool
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I've just come back from spending a week at the blue lagoon village. My first impressions were amazing. We arrived near midnight, me and my partner walked around and couldn't believe the size of the hotel and understood now why it was called a village. The hotel is spotless, and staff were always friendly. There are a la carte restaurants in the hotel, I recommend booking these in at the start of your holiday. We went to the Greek restaurant (we weren't too keen on) and the Chinese (which was delicious). The evening buffet I enjoyed, the puddings were great. The hotel strongly enforces men wearing long trousers for dinner, men in shorts had to sit outside and not allowed to enter at all, sending in there partners to fetch there food. The entertainment it's slightly disappointing. If you have children it's probably great but everything dies down after 10. The hotel was not overcrowded and we never had a problem getting a sun lounger. I loved the main pool... away from all the children and noise of the activity pool and right by the beach and beach bar. The hotel is situated in the middle of no where. There is a bus that comes into the hotel though and prices and a timetable is given to you. My partner and I hired a car the one day which the reception helped us with. All in all this was a great holiday. I think it could be improved with better evening entertainment.

1  Thank Jojo378
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to give the hotel 3 stars but that would be harsh. Much of what I will comment on has been remarked elsewhere and of course everyone has a different requirement of their holiday.

We travelled as a couple in our 50s and as my wife has just retired from teaching this is the first time we have avoided peak season. As such we assumed that although the hotel is family orientated, it would be more geared up for couples outside of July and August. Sadly this isn't really the case. I say this not necessarily as a criticism of the hotel, but more as advice to others with similar requirements to us.

The positives:
1. My wife loved the Les Mills activity programme - especially the Body Balance class in the morning.
2. The food was generally pretty good and varied. We particularly liked the Chinese. There was also the best breakfast choice I have seen anywhere.
3. The staff are extremely friendly and polite.
4. The grounds are lovely and there was plenty of space. The staff were always working to keep it spotless. We spent most of our time at the "relax pool" which was near our room.
5. The evening entertainment shows at the amphitheatre were generally good (although a few exceptions) with the resident TUI singers very good.
6. We had a very comfortable room (a 2 room suite).

The negatives:
1. The daytime sports activities for adults were pretty poor. Personally I like volleyball and initially it was only timetabled once a week. To be fair to the staff, after I complained they did put it on more regularly and said they had struggled to get volleyball "to work" all season. It could be that with 60% Brits in the hotel it just isn't really our sport. The other factor may be that the pitch is awful with stones and concrete causing a real injury risk. My advice would be to timetable volleyball at about 4pm In the afternoon so it doesn't clash with football, and build a proper and safe pitch perhaps in the hotel grounds rather than tucked away on a corner of the beach where it isn't seen. I was going to try water polo, but there were only about 3 adults and a few kids on the day I tried.
2. The evening entertainment after the show was rather mixed. Obviously everyone has their own tastes. We did enjoy the couple who played in the main bar most nights. Unfortunately this was then ruined by the absolutely dreadful singer who sang everything as if it were a power ballad so that every song sounded exactly the same, and what was with the kazoo! I think she played around the main pool most afternoons too. Maybe some people liked her and I don't like to be unkind, but we went back to our room whenever she was on, which was unfortunately still within earshot!
3. As many have commented, the hotel is very isolated and taxis are very expensive on the island. We did do a couple of trips out, but the problem was highlighted when my wife developed tooth ache and ran out of painkillers - the nearest pharmacy was miles away. Surely the hotel shop could stock a few basics like paracetamol.
4. I found the beach a bit disappointing - quite stony and with rocks along the waterline, which I would imagine is a big problem for anyone with kids. I realise this isn't the hotel's fault, but just my comment.

Other comments of which perhaps the hotel will take note:
1. Many have commented on the long trousers rule for men in the evening restaurants. Is this really necessary in the buffets? Surely a simple "smart dress code" would suffice. I saw many women wearing micro shorts or other outfits much more likely to lower the tone than a man in tailored shorts.
2. Don't expect to be able to watch any English sport while you are here. In most resorts you can nip out of the hotel to find a bar showing Sky Sports. There is nothing nearby and the hotel does not have a "sports bar" which some do.

3  Thank Dholli2409
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Our holiday this year was our second at the Village and was yet again brilliant. The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The food and drink were very good and having a choice of 7 restaurants to book meant you always had a choice for dinner. We would happily go again next year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 5th-12th September for a week for the second time (last stayed September last year). Stayed in a jacuzzi room this year, a swim up last year. The holiday didn't go to the best of starts, reception staff could not find the pre reg form that I filled out online and I had to do another, my room request wasn't granted even though I'd emailed a couple of months before and there was no acknowledgement of us being repeat guests (I know the last two points are discretionary so it's not that I expected it, however it would have been a nice touch).
We had room 7014 which was right by the theatre stage, ok for us as we are a couple but wouldn't be good for someone with young kids. We did have a lovely holiday overall and here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- the place itself is beautiful and spotless, three big pool areas and right by the beach. Lovely views wherever you go
- never a struggle to get sun beds, no matter what time of the day, and the sun beds on the beach are free too
-majority of food was lovely, especially the breakfast buffet, loved the scrambled eggs, and pancakes; and the green and grill restaurant where you grill your own meat and fish . The Greek and Chinese were tasty though I think the choice could be greater /more varied at both
-bar and restaurant staff friendly and efficient, your glass constantly topped up
- nowhere felt too crowded
- the jacuzzi was lovely, all lit up at night
- the water park , although only small slides, was a nice added extra - I imagine if you had kids this would be really great to keep them entertained :)

Cons:
-the drinks: prosecco, mojitos, strawberry daiquiris and fresh orange juice not included on the all inclusive. Also I suspect the alcohol may be watered down- I am usually such a lightweight but on holiday had a few drinks each night and never felt even the tiniest bit tipsy. On a positive note though the slush puppies are lovely!
- the entertainment : I completely understand this is a family orientated resort, however there is very little for adults in the evening and after 10pm only a very dull singer in the shake and mix. I found the shake and mix bar (especially inside) to lack atmosphere, it seemed a bit like a school canteen.
- evening buffet : plenty of choice but felt it lacked quality. However we only ended up eating here twice as you get one visit to each a la carte per week - Chinese, green and grill, Greek...

All in all a great holiday, we would recommend and return, but a few improvements would make it perfect!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

It all started at our home when we booked the vacation, price wise it was a good deal when we arrived we found out that the hotel upgraded us to deluxe rooms with a private pool (so our room will be next to grandma's room). The kids activities were great especially the adventure park, the hotel crew is very polite and smiling all the time, the food is great even my daughter (3.5) found what to eat ( not a great eater) in the many restaraunt in the hotel,the night activities were nice after a long day with the kids. I'm happy that my wife picked this hotel. Very very recommended

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family