US$362
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,617 results
All reviewskids clubactivity poolrelax poolmain restaurantentertainment teamevening entertainmentwaiter serviceswim up baritalian restaurantcrepesswim up roomgolf buggywater parka la carte restaurantsice creamaegean restaurantadventure bbq
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hotel is absolutely huge and we weren't fussed about it being isolated as there is so much to do and with a one and six year old we didn't want to go on too many trips in the heat of August anyway.

The main highlights for the hotel for us were:

1. Kids clubs were fantastic. Our daughter loved the 6 11 club and went most days for either the morning or afternoon session. It was very busy and we did have to queue 15 or so minutes in advance to secure a place but it was the middle of the school holidays so to be expected really. Our son went to the baby club and we couldn't fault it. It was just like his nursery in England with a lovely cool room fully equipped with toys, paints, highchairs etc and fully qualified friendly staff. There was a toddler session you could go to with them to check it out and get them used to the surroundings before deciding whether to use it which was a great chance for him to 'settle in'. Amazing to get a couple of hours peace knowing they were both in safe hands.

2. The adventure land was brilliant for our children. They loved going there on a golf buggy and the slides and rubber rings were fab. It was a nice change of scenery and was never too busy as you would go for a couple of hours and then come back to go to one of the restaurants. There is a bar there for drinks and small snacks.

3. The Les Mills classes. These were fantastic!! I took my trainers thinking I might go to the gym a couple of times and I ended up doing the exercise class every day, sometimes twice a day! They have body balance on the beach at 9 - such a peaceful start to the day and then early evening I would do a more upbeat class in the shaded outdoor exercise area with views over the sea, hotel and mountains. Tyorven in particular was a great instructor - full of energy and made it really enjoyable.

4. Kids entertainment in the evening was brilliant. My daughter loved the 'download' and joined in with the dances and games. I can't really comment on the later entertainment as we took them off to bed.

5. Fab selection of food and drink at all the different restaurants. Lots of choice and things like the chocolate fountain and pancakes were particular hits with the kids.

6. Lovely clean accommodation with a good size bathroom with a bath and nice air conditioning.

7. The shop was well stocked. I'm not sure why a previous reviewer said they couldn't get paracetamol as we got this and also some after bite cream, sun lotion etc. There was also a large range of toys, inflatables, fishing nets etc although they were on the more expensive side.

8. Loved the swim up bar in the 'quiet pool' and the shaded toddler pool was great.

9. Ice creams and pancakes at the gelateria were delicious and a nice thing to do in the afternoon.

10. Beach is close and we really enjoyed making sandcastles and making use of the free sun loungers there. The water is rocky but there is a path made of sandbags to get over the rocks and then there are loads of fish so snorkelling is brilliant. The children can also fish off the pier with nets from the shop and bread rolls from the buffet as bait!

Overall this hotel is amazing. The only negatives I can think of are:

1. Some cocktails like Mojitos as well as fresh orange juice aren't included in the all inclusive and you have to pay extra which is quite annoying (even though you could help yourself to as many oranges as you want at breakfast!)

2. Lots has been said about the trouser rule for men. It really is silly as the women can wear whatever they like and the men were turning up in very casual trousers and flip flops which was considered fine! Although I'd warned my husband about this rule he didn't realise it applied to the main buffet restaurant and only took a couple of pairs of trousers. So make sure you pack a few more pairs.

These are really minor quibbles though and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I've just come back from spending a week at the blue lagoon village. My first impressions were amazing. We arrived near midnight, me and my partner walked around and couldn't believe the size of the hotel and understood now why it was called a village. The hotel is spotless, and staff were always friendly. There are a la carte restaurants in the hotel, I recommend booking these in at the start of your holiday. We went to the Greek restaurant (we weren't too keen on) and the Chinese (which was delicious). The evening buffet I enjoyed, the puddings were great. The hotel strongly enforces men wearing long trousers for dinner, men in shorts had to sit outside and not allowed to enter at all, sending in there partners to fetch there food. The entertainment it's slightly disappointing. If you have children it's probably great but everything dies down after 10. The hotel was not overcrowded and we never had a problem getting a sun lounger. I loved the main pool... away from all the children and noise of the activity pool and right by the beach and beach bar. The hotel is situated in the middle of no where. There is a bus that comes into the hotel though and prices and a timetable is given to you. My partner and I hired a car the one day which the reception helped us with. All in all this was a great holiday. I think it could be improved with better evening entertainment.

1  Thank Jojo378
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to give the hotel 3 stars but that would be harsh. Much of what I will comment on has been remarked elsewhere and of course everyone has a different requirement of their holiday.

We travelled as a couple in our 50s and as my wife has just retired from teaching this is the first time we have avoided peak season. As such we assumed that although the hotel is family orientated, it would be more geared up for couples outside of July and August. Sadly this isn't really the case. I say this not necessarily as a criticism of the hotel, but more as advice to others with similar requirements to us.

The positives:
1. My wife loved the Les Mills activity programme - especially the Body Balance class in the morning.
2. The food was generally pretty good and varied. We particularly liked the Chinese. There was also the best breakfast choice I have seen anywhere.
3. The staff are extremely friendly and polite.
4. The grounds are lovely and there was plenty of space. The staff were always working to keep it spotless. We spent most of our time at the "relax pool" which was near our room.
5. The evening entertainment shows at the amphitheatre were generally good (although a few exceptions) with the resident TUI singers very good.
6. We had a very comfortable room (a 2 room suite).

The negatives:
1. The daytime sports activities for adults were pretty poor. Personally I like volleyball and initially it was only timetabled once a week. To be fair to the staff, after I complained they did put it on more regularly and said they had struggled to get volleyball "to work" all season. It could be that with 60% Brits in the hotel it just isn't really our sport. The other factor may be that the pitch is awful with stones and concrete causing a real injury risk. My advice would be to timetable volleyball at about 4pm In the afternoon so it doesn't clash with football, and build a proper and safe pitch perhaps in the hotel grounds rather than tucked away on a corner of the beach where it isn't seen. I was going to try water polo, but there were only about 3 adults and a few kids on the day I tried.
2. The evening entertainment after the show was rather mixed. Obviously everyone has their own tastes. We did enjoy the couple who played in the main bar most nights. Unfortunately this was then ruined by the absolutely dreadful singer who sang everything as if it were a power ballad so that every song sounded exactly the same, and what was with the kazoo! I think she played around the main pool most afternoons too. Maybe some people liked her and I don't like to be unkind, but we went back to our room whenever she was on, which was unfortunately still within earshot!
3. As many have commented, the hotel is very isolated and taxis are very expensive on the island. We did do a couple of trips out, but the problem was highlighted when my wife developed tooth ache and ran out of painkillers - the nearest pharmacy was miles away. Surely the hotel shop could stock a few basics like paracetamol.
4. I found the beach a bit disappointing - quite stony and with rocks along the waterline, which I would imagine is a big problem for anyone with kids. I realise this isn't the hotel's fault, but just my comment.

Other comments of which perhaps the hotel will take note:
1. Many have commented on the long trousers rule for men in the evening restaurants. Is this really necessary in the buffets? Surely a simple "smart dress code" would suffice. I saw many women wearing micro shorts or other outfits much more likely to lower the tone than a man in tailored shorts.
2. Don't expect to be able to watch any English sport while you are here. In most resorts you can nip out of the hotel to find a bar showing Sky Sports. There is nothing nearby and the hotel does not have a "sports bar" which some do.

3  Thank Dholli2409
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Our holiday this year was our second at the Village and was yet again brilliant. The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The food and drink were very good and having a choice of 7 restaurants to book meant you always had a choice for dinner. We would happily go again next year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 5th-12th September for a week for the second time (last stayed September last year). Stayed in a jacuzzi room this year, a swim up last year. The holiday didn't go to the best of starts, reception staff could not find the pre reg form that I filled out online and I had to do another, my room request wasn't granted even though I'd emailed a couple of months before and there was no acknowledgement of us being repeat guests (I know the last two points are discretionary so it's not that I expected it, however it would have been a nice touch).
We had room 7014 which was right by the theatre stage, ok for us as we are a couple but wouldn't be good for someone with young kids. We did have a lovely holiday overall and here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- the place itself is beautiful and spotless, three big pool areas and right by the beach. Lovely views wherever you go
- never a struggle to get sun beds, no matter what time of the day, and the sun beds on the beach are free too
-majority of food was lovely, especially the breakfast buffet, loved the scrambled eggs, and pancakes; and the green and grill restaurant where you grill your own meat and fish . The Greek and Chinese were tasty though I think the choice could be greater /more varied at both
-bar and restaurant staff friendly and efficient, your glass constantly topped up
- nowhere felt too crowded
- the jacuzzi was lovely, all lit up at night
- the water park , although only small slides, was a nice added extra - I imagine if you had kids this would be really great to keep them entertained :)

Cons:
-the drinks: prosecco, mojitos, strawberry daiquiris and fresh orange juice not included on the all inclusive. Also I suspect the alcohol may be watered down- I am usually such a lightweight but on holiday had a few drinks each night and never felt even the tiniest bit tipsy. On a positive note though the slush puppies are lovely!
- the entertainment : I completely understand this is a family orientated resort, however there is very little for adults in the evening and after 10pm only a very dull singer in the shake and mix. I found the shake and mix bar (especially inside) to lack atmosphere, it seemed a bit like a school canteen.
- evening buffet : plenty of choice but felt it lacked quality. However we only ended up eating here twice as you get one visit to each a la carte per week - Chinese, green and grill, Greek...

All in all a great holiday, we would recommend and return, but a few improvements would make it perfect!