“Good hotel - would use again”

Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I booked this hotel for 1 night due to travelling from Barcelona airport the next morning.

When checking in the first thing we were asked was if we needed he airport shuttle. I said yes we needed the very first shuttle of the morning. He went to put our names down but couldn´t seem to find our room number so carried on with the checkin procedure and took my credit card details very quickly. After we went up to our room I said to my boyf that I didnt remember him putting our names on the shuttle list so when we went out for food I asked and I was right. He was very quick to take the payment details but had completely overlooked the shuttle and that first transfer was important for us not to miss. Not impressed but glad I checked.

The room allocated to us was clean and comfortable and with plenty of hot water.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the town so we went for a wander in the evening and found somewhere to eat.

The next day the shuttle was thee on time waiting for us ( and a few others ) and the driver was very efficient and friendly as was chatting to us most of the way. He also made sure he was taking us to the correct terminal which is definately important.

I didn´t have breakfast at the hotel as it was too early for the restaurant to be open so cant comment on that but there was a nice bar terrace with a relaxing atmosphere.

I probably would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We hada room on a higher floor and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Salles H, Director General at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments about our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry that we forget to note your roomnumber correctly. We understand that our shuttle and the puntuality is very important for our guests and for we never leave anyone behind for the first shuttle. If needed we order extra taxis to make sure everyone gets to the airport.

We look forward to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed overnight here on a layover from Mallorca to Athens. The free ride from the airport on the hotel’s shuttle van was quick. Our room on a high floor overlooking a main street was completely quiet. The hotel was too far away from the center of Barcelona to go there for dinner after we checked in. The receptionist recommended two restaurants in the neighborhood which were open on Monday nights (when most of the other restaurants in El Prat were closed). After enjoying the free welcome cocktail, we set off to explore the neighborhood on our way to dinner. Our arrangements booked directly with the hotel included a buffet breakfast which had an extensive variety of excellent food – highly recommended!
We were delighted by the quality of the rooms (small) and interior spaces of the hotel. There is a lovely, inviting indoor pool with glass roof and adjoining sauna which we did not have sufficient time to use.
On future layovers when we do not have time to go into Barcelona we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments about our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our delicious breakfast.
We look forward to see you back with us for your next visit or layover in Barcelona.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I booked two rooms in this Barcelona airport hotel on October 5th in Barcelona for a 6:00am flight to the USA. Why did I choose this hotel? First, they had a free shuttle leaving at 4:45 am, they spoke Englilsh, had good reviews, etc. It was certainly pricey at 160 euros a night but after a long European trip I wanted my family to be able to relax before the flight and get a good rest. The room was fine, and they had a nice pool, but that's where the good part ended. The reception tried to charge one party for both rooms, reserved and pre charged separately. They really had to really argue to each pay their own rooms. The person at the reception really didn't know what he was doing. They reserved the shuttle when they checked in but when they went down to get on the shuttle were told they had no reservation andthe had no room on the shuttle.. so much for that service.. The desk clerk told then that they were in luck that another couple also needed a shuttle and, for four people, they would be willing to take them. They had a hard time splitting a check in the hotel restaurant. The waiter acted irritated that they would dare to ask for two dinner checks. In short. for what they charge for this hotel, the service was really bad. The staff either didn't know what they were doing for just didn't care. I will never book this hotel ever again, nor will i recommend it to anyone

Stayed: October 2017
Salles H, Director General at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.
I am very sorry to hear that our hotel and services didn't live up to your expectations.

When I read your comments It seems there have been some misunderstanding at the time to reserve the transfer for the next day. It seems that the receptionist had forget to write down the reservations. We do however guarantee all our guest free transfer at that time of the morning and if the transfer is full, we order taxis that we pay for which we also did in this particular case.

We continously work with training of our staff to be able to offer the best possible service to our guest.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Very bad experience with airport shuttle. As we were approaching the hotel bus pickup area after we arrived, we saw the hotel shuttle bus pull out and drive off right in front of us from space #6. It returned half an hour later, and by that time a big crowd of people gathered around the pickup area with no order of any kind. We were the first ones there before the shuttle drove off. While my boyfriend loaded our luggages to the back of the shuttle, I got on the shuttle to secure our seats. Shortly after my boyfriend got on the shuttle and sat next to me, the driver asked us to remove ourselves from the bus to make room for a group of 8 people who were traveling together. It was 12:40am, so no we won’t get off just so they can ride together. She was very persistent, insisting repeatedly that we get down from the bus. She even went to get some random English speaker to translate and tell us to get off the bus. She didn’t ask the other 3 people who were not part of the big group who were also already on the bus. I don’t know why she picked on us.

We stayed on the bus and arrived at the hotel. Upon checking in I said hi to the front desk person and he didn’t say hi back but instead he sighed deeply. Must be having a long night and clearly showing it.

We got to our room and it was already slightly open. The room has 2 twin beds pushed together to make a king bed. The tissue paper ran out. We couldn’t connect to wifi at all while staying there. This was our last night of a 15 night trip and it’s by far the worst experience in our entire trip.

They need a bigger shuttle bus or more shuttle bus service. That being said, our trip back to the airport was pleasant. Our shuttle driver was nice and helpful and got us to the right terminal.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations.

I can really understand your frustration to be asked to go down from the bus knowing that you had been there before the other guests. The group of 8 had called several times to the hotel for the transfer and that is why our driver felt that she had to accommodate them first.

I apologize for that misunderstanding. It's very seldom our shuttle with 13 places is full. We do more than 80 services daily to and from the airport.
To connect to our wi-fi network you need to enter the password you recieve when you check in.

I am happy you enjoyed the shuttle back to the airport.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up in a double room that was quite large. The bathroom in particular was massive. Everyday we could have new razors and toothpaste and toothbrushes, shampoos, conditioner etc. All we had to do was leave a card behind the door that said we were ready.

I ended up choosing this hotel outside Barcelona because many reviews here stated it was clean. Indeed it was. And I really enjoyed my time.
Furthermore it wasn't too far from the train station and the metro. Good links.

We didn't include breakfast in our deal and went instead to visit nearby bars and shops. It has been worth it.

The shuttle service is very efficient and the driver whose name I can't recall is so nice and warm!

I have a very good impression of the staff and team members in general to the point that I want my whole family to come next year and experience it!

Well done on your part. Thank you for making my holiday so pleasant. Not many hotels include what you do. You make the difference!

Should I mention there are parties on the rooftop, an indoor pool you can attend wearing a swim cap of course, and the gym? Yep.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosie_edwards
Salles H, Director General at Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us and your nice words about our staff are just wonderful.

We really look forward to welcome you and your family back with us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Prat de Llobregat
Ibis Barcelona Cornella
#2 of 4 in Cornella de Llobregat
4.4 km away
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.2 km away
FrontAir Congress
FrontAir Congress
#3 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat

Been to Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat? Share your experiences!