All reviews mini zoo other resorts ain el stella di mare open buffet swimming sokhna singer suez egypt vacation weekends shows movenpick
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Palmera is by no means a luxury hotel. However, it is my truly favourite and unique place in all of Sokhna so far, and I have been to more than 8 hotels and resorts there.

First of all, Palmera is only an hour and a half away from the capital. It also has very good prices compared to Stella Di Mare and Movenpick, for example. The service has always been excellent there. The rooms are very good and clean. I have always liked the food there too.

The whole atmosphere and structure of the residence give you very comfy vibes. It is perfect for relaxation.

The beach is one of the best in Sokhna, and there's a pier that I have always enjoyed sitting and walking on.

Highly, highly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SherineY10
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

this is my second review about the hotel as I discovered a totally new aspect about the management there. last month we went for a 4 days vacation before summer is over we had good time although the beach was not clean at all and in a way that was totally uncomfortable. at the end of the vacation we checked out bellman came took our luggage and I went to get the car the bell man put the luggage but one..he left it behind I don't know why any way we went back to beach stayed a couple of hours and the hotel didn't call us or say anything about the bag. we took the car and when we got home we found out a bag was missing. first thing in the morning I called them the receptionist put me on hold then the room services answered ..oh yes a black backbag and in it there is ... I was astonished how dare you open it and why didn't you call us? the strange thing I have ever heard the bag is going to stay till you come and get it ..what the hell is this???? I called their office in Cairo another brilliant guy answered oh how could he say this we will get you the bag ..ok thanks, and you know what 16 days till I get a call from the office in cairo ok you come and tske it or we send it to you I said how much would it cost to deliver it ? he said 80 le..so it's their problem and their untrusted employees and I have to pay 80 le..ok I am not going there again and you take care of your belongings specially when you use a bellman .thank you

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The hotel is not very fancy but its okay. The beach is very clean and good but have little staff services , swimming pool is acceptable and there is a mini zoo contain some monkies and small pets and birds, Rooms is old and poor furniture style also air conditioning is very old but its work good anyway , food is good and desserts is very good

Room tip: there is no sea view only pool view and back view to small garden
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank HESHAM H
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night, encountered a personal issue that forced me to leave before the end of my stay. Hotel GM personally assisted me in finding the right outcome to my situation in the most professional manner, his team from front office manager to bell staff as well. Great service and most helpful team, I highly recommend this property for their manners.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I visited the Palmera Beach Resort to visit with my family that lives in Suez. To be honest, we didn't stay in a hotel there, but we stayed in an apartment that we rented for 5 days that is on the property and part of the resort, kind of like an Egyptian VRBO. However, the best part of the Palmera Beach Resort is the beach. It is kept clean and the water is clear and clean. I have been to other resorts at the Sokhna area and it is definitely the nicest beach based on the nice sandy entrance. Most other resorts are rocky and you can't get in the Red Sea. That is not the case here. We also found lots, I mean lots, of starfish and sand dollars that we were able to collect. There is also a concession stand on the beach that you can buy drinks so you can stay hydrated. I did not get in the pools as that is not what I am there for, the Red Sea is amazing and worth the trip. As others have mentioned, at night, there are mosquito's and they are hard to control. The resort does spray for mosquito's but there is little else to do. No resort can control nature, but they do try. In reference to the restaurant, I did eat there and the food is ok. I was there with relatives who live in Suez so they cooked in our apartment, so obviously the hotel food wasn't as good as home cooked. However, if you are staying in the hotel, the food is fine.
In the end, the beach and the view is worth the visit and outweigh the mosquito's and heat. Definitely worth a visit if in the area and you are wanting to visit a beach.

Date of stay: July 2017