“Wonderful place”
Review of Panorama Hideaway

Panorama Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 8 Dassia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband had 2 weeks travelling around corfu. And decided to book here for four nights. We were not disappointed. Anita and skis was lovely hosts, extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The restaurant food was amazing. I would recommend the fresh salads and the seafood pasta was the best I have ever had. I would definitely recommend you go to this hotel for the relaxation. Stunning views and lovely hosts. I will definitely be going back in the future.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie D

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was travelling on my own for the first time. I chose the Panorama Hideaway because I thought a bigger hotel would be intimidating. This place suited my needs perfectly. Sakis and Anita and the rest of their staff were always smiling, friendly and helpful. All the reviews described the hotel very well. Yes, it is situated up a very steep hill, but the reviews I'd read had me prepared... I'd call it Aerobic Hill! The views from the veranda during breakfast are fantastic and if you chose a sea view apartment you'll see why it's worth the climb. I found the hill adequately lit at night and never felt unsafe walking on my own.

The only disappointment was the shower- it would be better to have a wet room with no clingy shower curtain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank BarbaraM4
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the Panorama Hideaway in august 2013. The place is a bit of heaven the views where amazing. The chef was very good the chef was a real credit to the hotel. The pool was alot bigger than the pictures had shown. we could not find fault with the hotel itself saki's wife was so friendly. my only problem was that the hotel was up a major hill I found this very difficult to climb in the heat and would not recommend an elderly couple stay at this hotel as the hill is too steep. the hill is very poorly lit up when coming home at night I was with my partner and we found this very intimidating I did not feel safe. But in saying that we had no problems crime does not seem to be a problem in the area. At the end of the hill there is a very dangerous road which is very difficult to cross as cars and quads really drive fast in the area. the bus stop is just down the road and you can go to corfu town for 1.50 euro so its was great. the Beach is only about 3 minute walk from the hotel but 10 minutes back due to steep hill. Aqualand was amazing worth a trip. Service is very slow in hotel resturant but worth the wait took us 3 hours to have a 3 course meal.

Room Tip: The first floor apts are a little dearer but defo worth it for the views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 123_Jennifer_P123
Reviewed 18 August 2013

A very big thank you to Sakis, Anita, Dairo, Laura, Demitria and Domenico for our wonderful stay.
What you read in the reviews regarding Panorama Hideaway is close to the truth - you simply have to experience staying here to fully appreciate the warmest of hospitality shown by everyone who makes this place so very special. I spent 11 nights with my partner and two teenage girls last week. We had never visited Greece before and were really unsure of what to expect. We called Sakis a few days before to confirm our booking and Sakis kindly booked a taxi to collect us from the airport after a very late flight from Bristol. We were warmly greeted at the hotel by Sakis, Anita, Dario and Laura at 1am in the morning - which was very kind and totally unexpected. Our rooms were serviced most days by Demitria who keeps all the rooms beautifully clean - her hard work was very much appreciated and did not go un-noticed - always smiling and friendly. The rooms offer comfortable beds, air conditioning and wet rooms - we stayed in a studio which also offered a fridge and cooking facilities.
We ate both breakfast and our evening meals at the hotel and everything served was beautifully presented and prepared. Our continental breakfast was plentiful and we were able to help ourselves to as much as we could manage. There was a great selection of ham, cheese, tomato and cucumber, bread (butter and jam), yoghurt, honey, muesli, hard boiled eggs, water melon, coffee and juice.
Our evening meals were prepared by Dario and his wife Laura - whose culinary skills and attention to detail, created some of the most delicious meals I have ever tasted. The menu is plentiful, and even if you are not lucky enough to be staying in the hotel you are able to book a table which I can not recommend enough (you need to book by lunchtime to secure a table for the evening)!! We were offered 'specials' most evenings - all of which were either authentic Greek or Italian - and all of which were gorgeous - we also had the opportunity to order straight from the menu which offers a vast selection - there is something for everyone. We had 3 course meals every evening and the variety of each course amazed me - freshly prepared and taking into account our daughter's likes and dislikes. Dario is a very talented chef and his wife Laura, who was heavily pregnant during our stay, were both delightful and some of the nicest people I have ever met - always friendly, smiling and welcoming . We were also lucky enough to take part in a BBQ evening. We were served a wonderful selection of traditional Greek dishes, seasoned meats and fresh watermelon along with 'Pool Water' (Ouzo) which is pretty dangerous stuff (Yammas!!) - Sakis gave us a few lessons in Greek dancing which was just fantastic.
The hotel itself is situated at the top of a very steep hill, however you have to work off some of the calories from this wonderful food! The pool and facilities are superbly clean and don't get over-crowded - at full capacity the hotel holds 60 guests, however most days we had the pool to ourselves for most of the day!
I honestly can not speak highly enough of Sakis and Anita's hospitality - we were made to feel very special guests and feel that we have made new friends during our stay.
I do need to correct the last reviewer in respect of Domenico - he certainly is not the chef - however is a real character and a pleasure to meet.
This is the place to stay in Dassia.

Room Tip: The upper studios offer sea views - really worth while if you can book these.....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Ticklepuss
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I read the reviews on trip advisor before booking this year. I felt it cannot possibly be as good as everyone made out. How wrong it was better. All these reviews are beginning to look the same but believe me apart from the 2 killer hills you have to climb from the town this really is an idyllic place to spend a restful holiday. A measure of a good host is they remember your name throughout your stay. Sakis and his wife Anita are perfect hosts and are always available if you need any advice and nothing is too much trouble. I also must mention the food prepared by Domenico superb. Sakis has assembled a fantastic team from all around Europe working and enjoying life. Brussels take note this is how it is supposed to work!!
I suppose the final judgement will I return. A big yes hopefully soon.
Yammas