“Amazing Platter”
Review of Hotel Kupec

Hotel Kupec
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Frymburk
Reviewed 24 March 2015

We had an amazing Schnitzel platter here, so much food we left feeling very satisfied. The prices were very good and the restaurant was well laid out.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

Having teambuilding in Frymburk, Kupec restaurant seemed to be a great place where to spend Saturday evening. Unfortunately opposit was true. The owner and main cook was totaly drunk and after our complaint about 2 meals he went mad, was acting inappropriately and said we should leave his restaurant because he doesn't want us there. When he almost hit my colleague we were forced to leave. Either the restaurant could be a nice place, with such service it was very disappointing and I definitely advice not to go there.

2  Thank MasMartina
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Unfortunately I had no possibility to try cousine as we faced issue when we came. I was there with my wife and my twins and I went to this restaurant as I found on the web that there is place where kids can play. In the restaurant was only one table occupied but personel told us that we can not use a table which wr decided to take and we can not use place for kids. Reason was that it was to far from the bar. Really not babyfriendly hotel, restaurant.

1  Thank HonzaPe
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just across the road from the lake this charming restaurant with a nice terrace offers great food for good prices. We have been here years ago when Kupec was a tiny rustic inn, the food was great back then it has improved ever since.It's now quite big, I can't say anything about the hotel rooms but the outside and inside decoration is lovely and we are pleased to see that obviously good quality pays here so that investments can be made. My hubby had beefsteak tartar which was simply excellent, although far too much (220 g meat with plenty of bread and garlic and cabbage - which they call a "starter"). Garlic soup was also rated 4 points by him. I had the chicken fillet with chili cream sauce, just because I was curious how they would make it and it was a pleasant surprise. Real chili taste, nice creamy sauce but not too heavy and definitely not the usual Czech meat feast with convenience sauces. I would have liked to have some veggies come with it but it was really nice and tasty. A reason to come to the lake more often!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We landed here by coincidence because most restaurants in the area of Lipno do not cater to larger groups of more than 4 people, at least not without a reservation. We have had some not so good experiences in other restaurants where service was far below average standards but here we received a warm welcome (at least for local standards) and the food was actually quite enjoyable! Prices are good if not to say low even, but literally all 8 of us enjoyed different meals so much that we even came back a few days later and had another great group dinner. Be sure to ask for the thunderstorm show if you have a sense of humor :)
Tip: try the mixed grill menu (at least 2 people required)

1  Thank Patrick H