“A quiet restaurant”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We had a dinner. The restaurant was large but very quiet. The menu was ok. The service was efficient. The price was reasonable (20€).

Reviewed 7 July 2015

We heard it was a great place. Maybe it used to be, I don't know, my bet is that the chef was on holidays.
The paella was really watery, I had better paellas in a 9€ menu restaurants. No taste at all. Disappointing. Salads were good. The fish was dry, it really look re-heated. Deserts were ok and coffee was ok too.
The place is nice and clean, the service is unprofessional but they are lovely people. I can handle that. I think the chef and the good waiters were on holidays.
This is just a normal restaurant for people with no big expectations. The price would be OK if the food had been tasty.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

My first visit in Banyoles was shared between discovering the beautiful lake and this restaurant. I´m very fussy about tastes, flavour experiences...and I have to say that I found the dishes extremely interesting and very tasty. I had the artichoke, although for my personal taste they were too fried, the experience of eating them like french fries convinced me of their creativity. My second dish was fish with some side food (although I received the wrong dish but was replaced very quickly) and tasted perfectly nice. the price quality should lead you to this nice restaurant of Banyoles.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've been in Can Xabanet many times and it never disappoints me. Excellent food: Perfection on a plate!. Ambience is great and the staff is fantastic!.Highly recommended, for everyone of all ages!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Last year my wife and I had a great lunch here when we visited Banyoles. We wanted traditional Catalan fayre which was not offered in the majority of the restaurants described by the tourist information we'd been given. This however, was very different. It was only ten minutes walk from the lake and we were immediately hit from the hot dusty outside by the striking modern exterior and then inside by the immaculately clean white tablecloths, décor and air-con! There were Catalan speaking staff with a Catalan menu but with English version available. The selection of food was very diverse and could suit a wide variety of budgets. This year my wife and I had our two teenage children with us and we have a very good meal for 4 consisting solely of a main dish each (with wine for the adults) for approx. 45 Euros. The quality was very good and we all really enjoyed ourselves. We promised to ourselves we would go back.