All reviewslotus restaurantseared tunawater taxiwest endfour bedroomsoutstanding staffgrocery storedawn and duskkayaks and paddle boardsate most mealsscuba divesand fliesother guestsprivate poolfull kitchenbeautiful island of roatancommon areas
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The location is ideal. The rooms are excellent. Views are wonderful. This was truly a luxurious quiet place to stay. The staff was responsive. The pool was perfect to hand out in. The dock can be used for water taxis.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first time in Roatan and we chose Xbalanque because of the location and the website said it has a backup generator. (while vacationing in Belize a couple of years ago, we were in Hurricane Earl. We didn't want to be without electricity again).

The staff was very accommodating with everything we needed.
Genesis made sure we had all our tours set up and checked with us to see how things went.
William gave our son tips on how to fish and it paid off. He caught a 24” yellow tail snapper right off the pier.

I have a dairy allergy and they were able to provide substitutions per my requests. Breakfast and lunch were great, dinner atmosphere was great, but dinner options were limited. When my husband and son caught tuna, they made a tuna poke appetizer and seared tuna for dinner...this was amazing! We also ate at the restaurant next door, Ibargari, in town at the Argentinian Grill, and the Mayan Princess.

They will pick you up from the airport and drive you into town, or you can walk down the beach. Glad we rented a car so we could explore on our own. The road going into the hotel is very windy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We only visited friends staying here, but the room was exquisite, with huge vaulted ceilings, beautiful artwork and, most impressive to me, an amazing bathroom with a shower big enough for two people. The grounds of the hotel are nicely lit -- the tree outside on the beach is so colorful and unique!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

I am glad you got to visit us and hope that on your next trip you will stay with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Patsy was quick to respond to our emails and we had pleasant dialogue. She answered any questions we had. The taxi driver was at the airport when we arrived and stopped at the grocery store on the way to Xbalanque. Don’t bother buying water. There is a 5 gallon jug of water when you arrive. Xbalanque is beautiful! Including the lobby, bar, pool, restaurant, lotus pond and sitting areas both on beach and around the pool. There are decks to watch the sunset. At night the lights in the trees add beautiful touches to the settings. Our room was the Earth room (smallest) but it was perfect for us. Very clean and nicely decorated. The staff were so nice and friendly. We didn’t get to meet Patsy as she was in the USA but we met Randy, William, and Mike who were very nice men and always there at the bar and restaurant and ready to help or answer any questions you might have. Genesis was at the front desk and she was able to book snorkeling tours for us. We went out twice with the same guys because we had such a wonderful time. Genesis is so kind and nice and always happy and smiling. We loved the location away from crowds but close enough to walk to West Bay and we also walked to West End. Don’t hesitate to book this place. Roatan is a beautiful island and the ocean holds so many surprises. Patsy and her team will treat you very well. Thanks for a wonderful time. Hope to be back and meet you Patsy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

I wish I could have met you. I enjoy getting to know my guests and showing them what a beautiful island Roatan is.
When I first went to Roatan , I said I wasn't going to tell anyone about it, but is is hard to keep a good secret.
Roatan has still maintained its island charm.
I am glad you had a great time and Please come back to see us.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

It was our families first time to visit Honduras and we were a bit apprehensive. The trip was a complete success due in large part to the hospitality and amenities provided by Patty and her team. The accommodations are spot on and the service is excellent. The van took us to a local market before we went to the resort to stock up our kitchen. Everything we needed to make meals, laundry, etc... were provided. Very clean and well appointed.

We wanted to scuba with our children as well as fish. Patty put us with great operators close by and our experience was incredible.

If considering Roatan, I would not stay in the congested area of the beach, stay at Xbalanque which is close enough but also provides privacy and a luxury experience.

We hope to return soon. Miss it so!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Roatan is a beautiful island with lots of exciting things to do.
I am glad I was there to meet you and see that everything was as you expected it to be. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful staff who
cares about Xbalanque.
I hope that we will see you again in the near future.