“Wonderful stay in paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful Mayan Ocean, and Pool front! 2 bed/2 bath. Carvings, paintings, stone- big kitchen/living!
Beautiful Mayan Ocean, and pool front deck! Fully equipped, carvings, paintings, stone- big kitchen!
Check Availability
Sunsets!
Turtle beach Path at night
Diving with the Turtles at Turtle Beach
Waterfall at Night
Our beach is raked every morning!
Dock at Sunset
Our Mermaid
Lush gardens
Large palapa for catching some shade or grilling
Our newest beachfront villa
Lush paythways
Beautiful stonework
Hammock at the end of the dock!  Oh yes
ahhhh
Carvings everywhere
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 82 reviews

Reviews from our community

Michal P
rockville, md
“Wonderful stay in paradise”
Reviewed 11 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We stayed at Turtle Beach for 12 nights. We had an amazing time. We stayed in the Mayan Villa for the first part of the trip and then moved to the Lobster room on the beach for the second part. The Mayan was perfect, enough space, comfortable, a great kitchen, amazing view, and the pool is right there. We had a small issue with one of the bedrooms and Paul fixed it right away. Paul, Mary, and Larry were amazing, checking in with us to see what we needed and helping us plan our stay and setting up transportation and activities. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for (thanks to Carlos) with an awesome Palapa to hang out on and a newly tiled observation deck. Great carvings and amazing murals. The location is great, in between West Bay and West End. You get a quiet, more remote feel without being far from restaurants and town. We had fun both walking to West Bay and West End and taking water taxis. We had great snorkeling right in front of Turtle Beach and joined Clearwater Adventures (the next dock over) for snorkel trips. We also enjoyed staying in the Lobster room which is right on the beach. It is small but cozy and has all that we needed. Mary, Larry, and Paul treat their guests like family (they even let us tag along with them into West End for Street Food Friday, which was so yummy!!!). We had a wonderful stay in Roatan and hope to come back again and would absolutely love to stay at Turtle Beach again. Thanks for making our vacation so awesome!

Date of stay: June 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
11 Jul 2018
We are sooooo happy your vacation was awesome!! Yes, please come back soon! We will be waiting for you.
Tim G
rno
“Breathtaking On the beach.”
Reviewed 20 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We stayed 2 weeks at Turtle Beach and hope to someday return. All units have a full functioning kitchen so we would load up on groceries and cook either in our unit or up at the outdoor kitchen by the main pool. They can also bring in someone to cook for you. A taxi ride from Turtle Beach to Coxen Hole where the larger grocery store is is $30. They are building one that will be closer. Water taxis are available between West Bay and West End for $3 pp. If you want to go further around the island you'll need to get a taxi or rent a car. Paul, Mary and Larry made us feel very welcome and helped arrange any excursion that we wanted to go on. Our first week we stayed on the studio on the beach - just a few steps from the warm caribbean ocean. If you are a active person you can swim to the reef and see the most amazing sea life or take a paddle board or kayak. My wife and I would go next door to clearwater diving and do a snorkel ride along for 10 dollars, each time we would end at a different dive site. Sitting under the palapa on the pier was one of our favorite ways to relax, you can either enjoy the hammock, adirondack chair, swing or bench. Fishermen would come up to you with fresh catch and filet it for you. If you are traveling to Roatan you might get bit by the sand fleas. Paul makes sure the beach is raked daily to help prevent. In summary, this is a beautiful 11 unit resort that is run by the owners who go out of their way to make sure your stay is very enjoyable. There are stairs to climb from beach to your unit so if you are unable to do stairs this is not the place for you, but if you like a little exercise and you don't mind a few stairs this is a beautiful property with wonderful people.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
22 Jun 2018
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We greatly appreciate it and look forward to your return!
Nikita C
“Super stay at Turtle beach”
Reviewed 24 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I had the privilige of staying here fpr 3 nights. The staff was all hospitable, helpful, kind and so welcoming.

The owner Paul made it feel instantly like home while being away from home. The options were phenomenal, from relaxing on the beach, to rocking in a hammock or to even paddleboarding, kayaking or snorkeling, and ALL included.

The beds were heavenly. And the common area and kitchen and shower was perfect. It was everything you would want from a get away vacation home.

The location was wonderful, but i can say my highlight was the people and mainly the owner Paul. His heart for people just glows from him. So genuine, so caring and so willing to accept you in from day 1 and to make you like a new friend or family member.

You will not regret staying here. PLUS it is not crowded with a bunch of tourists, so you feel like you have privacy too.

24 May 2018
Nikita we are so glad you stayed with us! We hope you all will be back soon. Please do. You are right about my boss, Paul the owner, he has the biggest heart. He's amazing! Thank you again.
MarkMohr
Los Angeles, California
“Best lodging in Roatan and top notch host”
Reviewed 22 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

It’s magnificent through and through. We’ve had the privilege of visiting Roatan again and again and I thought I’d stayed at the best spots, but this one beats them all! — Not just in price and value, but in location, privacy, view, comfort, beach/pool access and hospitality.

I’ve had the privilege of visiting 75 nations - I literally travel the world 12 months a year, and I thought I’d seen it all. I was wrong.

The recent additions to this place are so sweet (pictures don’t do it justice). I finally found a place that I can call home away from home.

It’s got the best view of the sunset in the island. It’s a short walk to all the big touristy expensive and overcrowded hotels. It has it’s own dock with almost instant access to some of the best diving in the world.

It’s a steal for a place with its own infinity pool that’s about 20 steps to the beach and sleeps 5.

But the best part of all is the staff that will literally bend over backwards to serve you. In just two days they’ve already become like family to our family that is visiting from Los Angeles.

To put things into perspective, before visiting Roatan we were on Oahu and Maui and this place kicks those island’s butts. Highly recommend! Tell them Mark sent you!

22 May 2018
Mark,

We have gotten some really amazing reviews....but yours, literally brings tears to our eyes. Thank you so very much. I hope you don't mind if I share on our other sites and our facebook page. Wow.

Thank you for staying with us and for the truly amazing words. We may just keep you here forever!
josephcC3...
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Big Thank You”
Reviewed 10 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Just wanted to give a shout out to Paul and his family for really going the extra mile during our stay with them at Turtle Beach in Roatan. I had a great time diving and exploring with my daughter ( she particularly enjoyed the monkeys at the sloth farm).
Unfortunately about three days in I got some bad vertigo from diving and Paul and his family really stepped up to help . Paul personally took me to the doctor twice and Mary was kind enough to bring food by for my daughter while I was laid up.

They even called to check on me after I got back to Florida. I cannot recall ever receiving this type of caring while falling ill on vacation. For that matter , even my doctor back here in the US doesn’t call to see how I’m doing after a sick visit.

Bottom line is I’d highly recommend Turtle Beach. They treat you like family. They provide an extremely high level of service which is really hard work ( that’s why you don’t see it that often).

A big thank you for helping me out when I was down and out !

Joe C

Date of stay: March 2018
10 Apr 2018
We love you Joe! You are welcome! Next time will be better!!! Glad all is well for you now.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.