Island Pearl
US$611
US$398
US$210
US$197
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$98
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$122
US$264
Hotels.com
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$152
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Have stayed here for four years. The beach is very well maintained (to deal with sand flies); there is great shade and very friendly staff - the service is good and friendly (island time standard). The biggest negative is the food selection, esp. at breakfast is limited

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2015

We love the Sunday Brunch at Island Pearl. It is really the best we've found on the island so far! Not only is the food fantastic, but the all you can drink champagne is a nice bonus!

Great place to just chill and enjoy a Sunday Brunch. Highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2015

Highly recommended. If you don't already know, this is an area within Bananarama Dive Resort (took me a while to figure this out as I was researching). We stayed Jan. 17-24 and I’m already trying to figure out how soon we can get back to Island Pearl! I travel for work and tend to be critical of hotels – I seriously considered booking elsewhere but am SO GLAD to have chosen Bananarama/Island Pearl. This place has so much personality that the other hotels along West Bay seemed to lack (particularly the more upscale but extremely generic one I was first considering). Great central location on West Bay beach – easy walk down to the various restaurants and up to the good snorkeling area. We stayed in unit 24. I’d read that noise from Thirsty Turtle could be a problem at night – we could hear it but it didn't bother us at all. The front porch/outdoor living room was WONDERFUL. The upstairs screened porch was also nice, but frankly we never used it. Thirsty Turtle’s food was great – especially the breakfasts! I’m not a breakfast person but couldn't resist the breakfast pizza, banana pancakes, baleadas, etc. So yummy. No TVs in the rooms, which didn't bother us. WiFi was very good for a Caribbean/Central American resort. I never had a problem browsing in the room or on the beach. We had one issue during our stay and I was very impressed with how it was handled. We woke up to find our refrigerator had quit at some point, all the contents (mostly beer) were lukewarm. Almost immediately after reporting it we had buckets of ice delivered to our room to re-chill our beer, and within two hours we had a brand new (full-sized) fridge in place of the old one! Cruise shippers do fill up the beach on certain days – I didn't see any resort on West Bay where you’ll avoid them. We saw that the busiest cruise day was going to be Wednesday and booked a fantastic day trip to Cayos Cochinos with Pinky and Lalo/Roatan Tours (the recommended tour operator located at Bananarama). I have high praise for both Pinky and Roatan Tours and will review them separately. We had one diver in our group and the on-site dive shop seemed good. If you’re looking for a cookie-cutter Caribbean resort with a photo-op pool look elsewhere, I’d prefer to have Island Pearl all to myself ;)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank altogardener
Bananarama03, General Manager at Island Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2015

Thanks for your very thorough review of the Island Pearl. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. I find that the majority of people that come to Island Pearl knowing what it is all about tend to be very satisfied with their experience. And it is exactly as you describe it - a charming beach front resort with lots of personality!

It's also helpful to have some feedback about the guys from Roatan Tours, who are located within the confines of Bananarama as well. Pinky definitely goes out of his way to make the guests feel welcome.

Please be sure to contact us before your next visit to Roatan so we can make all the necessary arrangements to provide you with another great experience!

Reviewed 28 December 2014

I can not add more to the review I already wrote about how much I love this place. It is not for everyone as stated, (see "laid back gem") but it fits our needs to a "t". My husband and son love the diving and say it is the best dive operation they have dove with. (50+ dives). Captain Michael always ran a smooth ship and dive master Kaitlin kept it interesting. My husband was not able to dive due to illness but my son took full advantage of 12 dives in 6 days and I knew he was in good hands. Whether you are learning to dive or advanced divers like them, they will dive to your abilities. It is an great family friendly place to stay and the owners/managers are always asking is there anything you need to make your stay better. You don't get that at the big resorts. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2014

We recently returned from a one week vacation at the Island Pearl. We stayed in room #28. It was a tiny cute room right off the Vintage Pearl restaurant. If you are looking for high class, high end amenities... look else where... BUT.... if you are looking for a chillaxing tropical paradise with the friendliest people you've ever met... then this is where you want to be!!! No televisions in the rooms, no pool or Jacuzzis...... but why would you want any of that when you are in paradise with the turquoise waters just steps from your front door? Each night they (Bananarama) had some type of event going on, crab races, karaoke, live music, games, movie night on the beach, fire dancers. Never too loud to be annoying or bothersome. Nice breakfasts were included in the room rate as were sea kayaks and beach chairs and umbrellas. The locals that sell their wares along the beach are very friendly. Anita, who ran the SUP stand (stand up paddle boards) made us homemade banana cookies and the Banana Donut guy stopped by to visit us everyday. His wife made us a delicious seafood lunch one day!! Martha from the Thirsty Turtle Bar was great! Benjamin was such a hard worker out each morning raking the beach and setting us up each day! It was nice to sit at the bar and talk with Jeff and Robin, 2 super down to earth people who seem to really care that their guests are enjoying themselves. The dive shop was great too, Fiona and Kirnan took us out on a nice relaxing dive and were able to swim with a sea turtle!

We actually had made reservations for a few nights at a hotel down the beach, but once we were at the Pearl, we couldn't see ourselves anywhere else... Victoria at the office helped up so we were able to spend the entire week here!! Lost $$ on the deposit of the other place but it was worth it!

My husband and I travel a lot and had been to Roatan numerous times from the cruise ships, however, nothing compares to staying on the island and getting to know the locals. We came with an entire suitcase full of school supplies and were able to meet up with Natelee Forbes of the District of Education. She took us to Fausto Miguel School in Brick Bay and we were able to meet the kids and hand out the supplies. What a wonderful feeling to see the excitement on the kids faces!! Priceless!!!

We made many friends and will certainly return!!!

Room Tip: Room #28 has an awesome rustic mosaic shower in the room with a separate toilet room. The AC kicks!!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple