2,409 results
All reviews palapa bar steve mcqueen international buffet west end full kitchen through vrbo fish the general manager water taxi activities director the security guard dive shop washer and dryer bedroom villa all inclusive package buffet restaurant all inclusive plan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I just returned from a long weekend at the Infinity Bay Resort in West Bay, Roatan in Honduras. I was there because some friends were getting married on the beach, and it was the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen.

The resort is a stunning property and I can't wait to go back once the spa is completed. We had a room with a wraparound patio that faced not only the beach but also the infinity pool. The view was fantastic. Our rooms were wonderful-- with the full kitchen, we were able to buy food on the island and prepare our meals at our own pace. When we decided to eat at the bar/ restaurant, food and drinks were well worth the wait. The beach is amazing with white sand and crystal clear water. There were plenty of beach chairs and a few umbrellas for shade.

There are tons of activities at the resort. We went scuba diving through Infinity Bay Divers, which is located on the property. They took us out on two dives and our divemasters were absolute professionals, spotting a nurse shark, moray eels, and green turtles, to name a few. The reef starts just a few yards from the resort's beach, and the snorkeling was amazing. Very honestly, the snorkeling was almost as good as the diving-- you're able to see an abundance of sea life with nothing more than a snorkel mask.

But what made the trip truly remarkable was the gorgeous wedding. The resort set up chairs right on the beach and a small arbor where the couple exchanged their vows. You absolutely cannot beat the background of those wedding photos. The resort set up a large tent in the middle of the property near the pool for the reception, and it was a blast. The tent was beautifully decorated with flowers and tulle. They set up a bar off to one side, and the band played off to another side. The food was served buffet-style, and it was delicious.

IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING A DESTINATION WEDDING, LOOK NO FURTHER. I highly recommend checking out the photos on the resort's website to get an idea of just how beautiful this location is: http://www.infinitybay.com/photogallery.html

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bethwatkins
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I couldn't have imagined it any better. The beach and water wer the most beautiful I have seen. The room was comfortable and clean. The pool was lovely. I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere... especially after I let myself relax and get on island time. I found the employees to be happy and attentive; they just move at a different pace. The food at the Palapa bar was great and a good value. I had all the modern conveniences I needed but was did not feel that the resort was touristy. It was confortable without being commercialized. I hope to be back very soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hands down, absolutely THE best resort on West Bay.
Sure, it has minor problems, but nothing you can't overcome by enjoying another cold cocktail! Service was sometimes on 'island time', but hey --- you're on VACATION! Stop complaining about the small stuff and enjoy the BEAUTY!! Gorgeous beach......gorgeous pool........gorgeous weather. VERY NICE. You'll be glad you booked here.

Room Tip: Avoid the construction noise and stay towards the front.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I just spent a week at this amazing resort. We were with 3 other couples and had two - 2 bedroom rooms. The friendliness of the staff cannot be outdone. Their Activities Director, Avi, was accommodating whenever we saw him and he searched us out so we didn't have to look for him. Things we did - dolphin encounter and snorkel at Anthony Keys - encounter was wonderful, snorkel was ok, very murky water - 4 hour fishing trip - lots of snorkeling right in front of the resort - zipline - this was truly amazing and I believe the highlight for myself. Restaurants are just a short walk down the beach, food is great and the cost is very low as say, compared to Hawaii. The pool is very large and spread out and I never felt crowded the entire week.

1  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My Husband and I returned from a trip in February. We usually take a trip to somewhere warm this time of the year. We have traveled quite the bit over the past several years so I am well versed in quality, and value when it comes to hotels. Also, due to my profession, I am in and out of hotels quite the bit. With all of this being said I will submit a comprehensive review that will be helpful to anyone traveling to Roatan.

Arrival: Roatan Airport is very small and pretty lax. The have one x-ray machine for your belongings when you arrive. They are not particularly friendly but the staff wasn't horrendous either. We rented a car for the trip and met our guy. He was nice although didn't tell us about 2 things. When exiting the airport you have to provide a parking ticket and pay $2.00 US. The ticket was in the car although took a few minutes to find. They would not let us out unless we gave that to them.

****NOTE: When you arrive to depart make sure you have some food with you. You can't take water or any liquids through security but you can take food. They do not have any food there. One shop for coffee and one shop that any greasy empanadas and the like. That's it. Our flight from Houston got delayed for 4 hours to pick us up and it was during lunch time. If you have children this could be disastrous. The airline(Continental/United) provided food, however it was merely ham, cheese, on white bread. Looked inedible.

The grocery store is a few minutes away on the way to Infinity. You should stop there to get groceries especially bottled water if you have the energy. If you do not rent a car, Infinity is a bit a ways from the airport so a taxi may be expensive if you choose to do it later. You should buy really basic things. The only thing they supply in your room, are utensils(poor condition), knife(not very sharp), can opener, spatula, bowls, plates, glasses, ONE saute pan, toaster and a microwave. The have a coffee maker and give you coffee for one cup. So buy stuff that is easy. If you want to make your own coffee, make sure you buy coffee filters. There was a dishwasher but no soap or detergent to use. Buy that too! It is very cheap to buy groceries. This would be very cost effective if you can do breakfast and lunch on your own then eat out at night.

ROOM: When we arrive to our room I had mixed feelings. It was a nice condo however lacking in some respect. They had side tables that had nothing on them. Served no purpose. At least put a lamp on it. Decor is lacking a bit. There is no welcome pamphlet. You know, welcome to Infinity Bay, this is how you reach us, this is the number to dial out if making calls out of the country, lists of restaurants, attractions, maps, taxi numbers and etc. There is no alarm clock. There is an iron but no ironing board. And the INTERNET sucks. There is no way you can get connection in anywhere because of the way the condos were built. There is no way connection can penetrate the walls. Thank god we brought an Ethernet Cable. It worked perfectly. The walls are really thin and you can hear everything. The first night we arrived we were so tired and all we wanted to do was sleep. The group next door was having a great time, which is fine if I didn't have to hear them. I called the front desk and they took care of it.

CONSTRUCTION: It was a major construction site. As soon as you get there that's what you see. I'm sure it's going to look great but it will be a while. Being from the US I am used to a more fast paced work environment. They had no sense of urgency. Working with no hard hats and flip flops. Taking multiple long breaks. While my husband was checking out, I watched them "work." It will be a while before it's complete. If you get sick and are stuck in the room, it's a little annoying.

CLEANLINESS: The glass shower door was gross. It had a very thick film of soap scum on it. And the floor was gross too. Wished I had brought slippers. It had a dirty film as well. I wondered when the last time they mopped.

BEACH: This was probably the nicest on the whole island. It is at the very end of the entire island. The water was warm and calm. I always found a chair. Beach towels were easy to come by. My husband snorkeled and said it wasn't anything special.

DIVING: My husband and I have dived in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, Fiji, and Cozumel. I was sick so I did not dive through the resort. My husband did however dive with Infinity and said that it was okay. He did do one of the wreck dives and said it was cool. He asked to do Mary's place and they said it was too far. We went to Roatan mainly to dive. I over heard other divers at the end of the trip boasting about their experiences with other dive operators. If you are well seasoned Infinity may not be the operator's to use. It was pretty boring according to my husband. The dive masters basically took you to the closest reefs. They didn't go out of their way to give you an amazing experience.

We went to Anthony's Key to dive with the Dolphins. What an amazing experience. It was a once in a life time experience!! This is a must!! Really beautiful creatures!

FOOD: I am a major foodie. I did go to Roatan not expecting too much however. I got food poisoning and that was the end of eating anything the whole week. I was terrified to eat anything for fear of round two. Thank god I had some CIPRO.

OVERALL: This island is very under developed which is probably the draw for most folks. I feel that if you are not an avid diver this may not be the place for you. There is not much going on. The West End is a very small one road in and one road out spot on the island. There is maybe 7 restaurants. So don't go thinking this is a happening downtown. Two cars cannot fit down this dirt road at the same time. There is nothing commercially familial if your from the US. Infinity has potential to be a mid to high end resort for those of us who like the comforts of home. They just need to step it up a notch. The staff is really friendly and they were helpful. Would we go here again? No, only because there's no reason to see the same place twice when there is so much of the world to see.

ROOM TIP: Request rooms that are in the 500's and up. We were in room 902 and it was the building closest to the construction.

3  Thank travlngurl123
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear travlngurl123
On behalf of the entire hardworking team at Infinity Bay Resort – thank you very much for taking the time to post your review for the resort and Roatan.
Like most small Caribbean islands our airport is small, yet well staffed and the employees are always courteous and friendly and have actually become friends with many of frequent travelers.
We did not realize that your full service kitchen was short on utensils – Please advise the front desk 24 hours a day and we are happy to replace or provide any item you require. The grocery store 100 yards from the hotel is quite well stocked with a full service gourmet deli and everyone enjoys their selection. If you’re tired just let us know and we will do the shopping for you! The in-room coffee we provide comes in a kit and will make a pot and housekeeping will replace when your villa is cleaned and we are happy to provide extra coffee anytime.

We are in the process of updating the in-room collateral and in the meantime we have an abundant of information available. There can be wireless issues in the Caribbean and we do have a fulltime IT person on staff to assist with any needs you may have. If you typically carry an Ethernet cable and you forget it…..no worries – we are happy to provide one at no charge.
We do have a building in the rear of the property – our new luxury admin building which will contain a new spa, restaurant, lobby, retail space and conference, center under construction scheduled to be completed May of this year. True we do go at slower pace in effort to minimize any distraction to our guests.

The second largest barrier reef in the world actually cross’s our beach and is only 75 feet from the shoreline – making for a world class diving and snorkeling experience. Recently this beach (West Bay) was voted one of the top ten beaches in the Caribbean.

In closing, Roatan is one of the most beautiful places you will ever visit; the islanders are incredibly friendly and welcoming. The scenery and history is fantastic. Many people visit Rotan over and over again and many end up buying and or retiring here. National Geographic voted Roatan one of the top places in the world to retire.

Hope to see you back and with sincere regards.

Rick Kolinsky