Posada Seremein(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$125
Caribe Tesoro(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$101
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$87
US$244
West Bay B & B(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$69
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$126
  • Breakfast included
US$350
US$378
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$431/night.

US$750
2,329 results
All reviewspalapa barswiss chocolatesteve mcqueeninternational buffetwest endfull kitchenfishthrough vrbothe general managerwater taxiactivities directorthe security guardbedroom villadive shopall inclusive planwasher and dryerall inclusive package
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this place! The resort is divine. The staff is very friendly and you instantly feel at ease with them. The fact it is not a commercial island adds to its charm. There is golfing nearby, parasailing, jet skiing, and many many more activities to keep you busy. You get the feeling you have discovered a secret gem when you visit this island. The villas have every amenity you need. I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: After three visits to the resort I have never had a bad room!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank rebeca o
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We spent two nights here as part of a weeklong stay on Roatan in Feb. 2012. Although the resort itself was beautiful, we had a beautiful one-bedroom apartment overlooking the ocean, and the snorkeling off the beach was spectacular, there were several problems with this resort. There was a constant loud party atmosphere around the pool, which made it difficult to read or relax, much less nap in your room. The food was average at best (this may improve when they complete the new addition). There was virtually no one to help you plan things, and the hotel furnished almost no information about local attractions. And the staff did not measure up to the friendliness of the people at other resorts on the island.

Room Tip: The studios on the back side are small and dark. The rooms by the pool toward the ocean are noisy because of the music.
4  Thank ngriffit
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear ngriffit,
We are grateful that you have taken the time to post a review in regards to your stay. We are also quite appreciative that you thoroughly enjoyed your villa and snorkeling off the beach.

Our occupancy during your stay was very high and there were many groups at the resort celebrating recent weddings or the great weather we had. Our Activity Director Avi is stationed at the beach at the large towel and activity hut located at the entrance to the beach. He and his staff were extremely busy and I’m very sorry you seemed to be overlooked…..this is supposed to never happen. In addition our reception is open 24 hours a day and has information on everything on the island.

Hopefully you will be back to Roatan and when you do I will have some great activities for you and your family as our treat.

Rick Kolinsky

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband and I travelled to Roatan in February 2012 and I can't wait to share the scoop. Here goes:

Pre-trip: My husband exchanged a handful of emails with Infinity Bay Hotel staff, mostly around the status of the construction occuring there. He was concerned about recent reviews describing the construction nearest to the studios. The hotel promptly responded each time, stated that the construction was still underway, but that we would be lodging in a studio farthest from that area. I would place a hefty bet on the side of that construction not being completed until much, much later in 2012-FYI. But the noise was not an issue for us at all.

Airport arrival: The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport. My husband was told that the shuttle would have the hotel's name listed on its side...Well, upon arrival and while standing in the Customs line, a man held up a sign with the hotel on it. We waved, as did a handful of other travelers, and all assumed this was the driver. While we made it to the hotel a-ok, the van did not have the name of the hotel on it. And folks found this a little dicey, especially when they loaded 10 people in one van and all of the luggage in a different one. And this type of somewhat confusing communication happened a handful of times, so keep your eyes and ears open and go with the flow...

Groceries: Like other travelers mentioned, our group in the van all agreed to stop at the market before heading to the hotel. I strongly recommend that you do so; there is only one small market on the beach that we found and it has limited wares and steeper prices. Ask to go to Eldon's which had many locals shopping there; we stocked up on breakfast foods (yogurt, fresh fruit, nuts), snacks (chips) and beverages (Diet coke, booze, beer, mixers). Glad we did so-Some of our hotel friends asked a taxi to take them to a market later in the week and were driven to a tourist trap with ridiculous prices.

Be sure to confirm the size of the refrigerator in your room. Like I said, we purchased a week-stay in a studio, and were told it had a mini-fridge so we bought a small amount of groceries. Upon arrival, we were upgraded gratis to a deluxe one-bedroom garden view room with a full size kitchen-awesome, right?! But it had a full fridge and knowing that in advance would have led to a bigger bill at Eldon's. Might I recommend you grab a bottle of Cruzan Vanilla Run and 100% pineapple juice?!

Water: Remember that you can drink the hotel water! Both of us did so all week with no difficulty.

Room: Lovely. Stainless appliances: full stove, fridge, and dishwasher. Stone countertops, ceiling fans, good pressure in the shower, etc. Outdoor patio on which we had breakfast every morning and pre-dinner drinks was perfect. No complaints! But we did have to call Housekeeping on 3 days to ask that our room be serviced.

Internet: I needed to work online while there, and so we asked for a cable at the desk which provided very fast internet connection. Sometimes the wireless internet worked ok while on the outdoor patio, but it was generally too slow, especially when you want to work quickly and get back to having fun.

Grounds/pool/beach: The hotel has beautiful grounds, a lovely infinity pool, and the best beach in West Bay. Period. The immediate access to some of the best, FREE snorkeling I have ever experienced in my life makes this a trip to remember. We saw octopus, squid, lobster, sea stars, lion fish, baracuda, eel, blue tang, snapper, and all sorts of brilliant other fish. Be sure to swim directly out from the beach and go farther than you may think; if you do, you'll find some amazing coral cliffs-breathtaking! Plenty of beach chairs, a handful of umbrellas (more would be better) and no issues with those pesky cruiseship passengers. We were told that the ships come in T-TH, and we did notice an increase in both people on the beach, in the water (we avoided this by snorkeling between 7-9am and again in the afternoon), and in terms of the number of vendors selling snacks, conch shells, etc. Met the banana donut man :) And also bought some empanadas-these were good but be sure to confirm the price before pulling out your cash-he's crafty!

Hotel food: For some reason, I tend to consistently find hotels' breakfast to be delicious and most-worth the price in this part of the world. Either at the beachside buffet or via room service, the "typical Honduran breakfast" of scrambled eggs, beans, tortillas, cheese, fruit and a small vegetable garnish was great! We had some snacks at the bar that were ok, and never had dinner here, preferring to check out the other places on the beach and in West End after spending all day at the hotel.

Because the snorkeling was so great, we were pretty entertained via that and laying on the beach, so we didn't arrange any outings through the hotel. There is a small collection of buildings to the left of the hotel (if facing the ocean) that sells some local art and assorted odds and ends. We liked the pottery and the prices are more than reasonable.

Overall, we had a great time at the hotel, want to visit again, and definitely recommend others to stay here.

Additional info:

Restaurants we enjoyed: The Thirsty Turtle has delicious catch of the day at dinner, and offers 2 for 1 pizzas on Mondays. We happened to stop in for a drink on Monday and my husband, who loves a deal, bought two pizzas which we heated up in our room for lunch on a couple of days. Go to Bite on the Beach, again for fresh fish, and ask that they throw the fish scraps into the water so that you can see some amazing, big, green eel.

Ok restaurants: Ate at the Vintage Pearl on Valentine's Day. Eh. It was nice to have some salad and the dessert was fine. The entree was terrible; it was a half lobster tail stuffed with the fishiest tasting mashed shrimp-scallop mixture. Eck. We figured that ordering seafood, the only seafood offered that night, was the safest option given the locale, and especially compared to the two beef entrees that were available. Not to be so. And despite boasting about their wine cellar, they served us a room temperature (remember, it's 80 degrees, folks) bottle of white wine, but didn't inform us of that until after the pour.

West End: We only ventured there once, and I think we went on an off evening. While I'm glad we went to check it out, and we did eat a tasty dinner at Creole Chicken Restaurant (that's what it's called) at the end of the beaten path, it was pretty dead there. And, frankly, I rather be at one of the beach bars than something that is trying to appeal a bit more to the cityside of me. However, we heard that Friday is the best night to go, so jump on one of the free water taxis available at the hotel. And if you ever figure out the schedule they use, when they really stop running, etc., let us know here! Things seemed to change daily.

Bug spray: Bring it. Our ankles were bitten a lot and, by the size of the marks, these bugs are either really big or very hungry.

Cash: Bring it. We brought an excess which was fine, as there was a safe in our room, and never needed to find an ATM. With that said, we never saw one either, so I have no idea where you would need to go if you wanted to have some cash on hand, which does come in handy at the beach, if you don't want to deal with their currency, etc. US dollars were accepted everywhere.

If you're a reader, definitely be sure to bring plenty with you. I made my way through 3 books and was glad I had all of them as, again, there is no gift shop-like place that we stumbled upon at the hotel or elsewhere. This is definitely one of the least commercial places I have ever been which is wonderful...so bring the comforts of home with you!

Room Tip: From what we could tell, the studios are located on the back sides of the hotel i.e. the sides that do not face the pool and garden areas. If this is the case, I can see why other reviewers remarked on them being dark, isolated, etc.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jjac2007
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The thing that will bring me back to Infinity Bay would be the beach. The snorkeling was absolutely fantastic! All kinds of underwater life just a short swim from the beach. Lots of activities offered and even a blow up water park for the kids. There's a water taxi that will take you to West End and lots of other places to eat along the beach. I will say the walls are VERY thin but other than that the rooms are nice.The safe fit a laptop and that was a great feature. The only negative I can really think of is the service at the bar. They are usually very slow to the point of forgetting about you. Purchasing a beer could take an hour or so. I understand island time but there are other places to eat with great service and reasonable prices just yards away.

Room Tip: all rooms are pretty nice
2  Thank deej659
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Infinity Bay Resort in West Bay, Roatan. We originally chose this resort because a good friend was getting married and provided the recommendation. Man, I'm glad we chose to stay there. The rooms were impeccable and very modern. They also have full kitchens and can arrange for grocery delivery prior to your arrival. The resort and pool were so beautiful...and then there's the beach! This is one of the cleanest and well maintained beaches in Roatan. They rake the sea grass daily and treat for mosquitoes and sand fleas. Not one bite!

We're definitely going back and plan to stay at Infinity Bay again. We also can't wait for the spa to be completed. Don't bother looking anywhere else- trust me!

1  Thank Bill S