HillBillion Estate
Shore Breakers(Shelly Beach)(Great Value!)
US$49
Tropical Beach B&B(Shelly Beach)
US$81
Amble Inn Guest House(Shelly Beach)
US$100
  • Beachfront
Emerald Cove(Shelly Beach)
Breaker View(Shelly Beach)
Tahiti Sands(Shelly Beach)
  • Beachfront
Shelly Beach Lodge(Shelly Beach)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We choose the HillBillion as it was the closest accommodation to the Dezzi Race Circuit.
The accommodation is what a person would expect, however the prevailing stench fro the septic tank was one this I did not like. When we checked in on Friday my room contained the odour and it was not pleasant. On my return to my room on Saturday evening I noticed that the staff had left windows open and this had helped.

The T Bone steak I had for dinner was great and everyone else in the party was complimentary about their food.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The place looks old and run down and the reception did not improve the image either. A professional reception area and process would enhance your first impressions considerably. They couldn't get my door unlocked and had to go searching for spare keys.
The rooms are well below par, but in truth has everything you need if your intention is to spend the weekend on the track next door. The shower has an additional showerhead close to the floor. Don;t know if it is suppose to be used for feet or as a bidet.
The food however was a real surprise. The basket we had for dinner was divine and the breakfast spread we had with our function the morning was superb.

The purpose of your stay will therefore determine your experience.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2016

We went for one night and we stayed in the honeymoon suite. It is tastefully decorated and has a large Spa bath.
If I had been on honeymoon I would have been bitterly disappointed because there are no nice views from any part of the room. If you can call it a " window" it looked out onto a enclosed dark courtyard and blinds had to stay closed to hide that horrible 'view" The lights and air conditioning had to stay on all day.
The waiters and bartender were pleasant and attentive and reception was friendly.

I had breakfast the morning we left. Which was very nice but parts of the meal was cold. I loved the little birds flying into the dining room tweeting and sitting on the chairs but didn't like the excrement on my table cloth! That I could forgive because they were delightful.
Free wifi available in bar / dining area.
Would I stay again. Yes, but definitely not in the hidden away dark honeymoon suite. I would prefer one of the poolside self catering little suites.

Room Tip: Try get poolside for a good view of the distant ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandyGonubie
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Exceptional service from a very hands on management couple impressed us the most. They were friendly and understanding. The room service was always on time and efficient and we never had to ask for anything that was suppose to be there. We also felt very safe on the premises and left our door open till late at night.
The pool and bar area on the estate is of sublime standard, overlooking the sea. Its peacefully located a few kilometers from the hussle and rush from the Shelly Beach Mall and this meant that we got to break away from the stress of rushing but still had the convenience of a mall several kilometers away. Perfect location in my view!

We had to unfortunatly cut our vacation short due to an emergency (break-inn) at home in Gauteng, but left there with the intention to return there in the near future. The management was so understanding of our situation that they refused to accept payment for the days that we coould not stay there for. This impressed me. Honest business people, what a pleasure!

Room Tip: Rooms walking out on the pool area are trendy but you will have to sacrifice a bit of your privacy. We stayed in one of the self-catering units on the east side and it was sublime.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 782shaneb
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

This is the worst place we have ever been to... paid alot load of money for broken cupboards and a shabby room... hosts wer not friendlyand honestly it seemed like the place was haunted so we cut out holidayshort and cut our losses and left early....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family