This was our second visit to 4 Church Point and this visit was as spectacular as our first which brought us back. The home is tastefully decorated and designed to take full advantage of the beautiful Barbados weather; outdoor living at its best. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plenty of colourful and fragrant blooms. Step through the properties gate and you are steps away from an amazing sandy beach as well as a walking path that can take you a protected snorkelling minutes away. Within walking distance either by beach or the road you have access to shops, restaurants and bars as well as other amenities such as groceries and liquors. On top of all this the resident chef and housekeeper are skilled at their trades and very welcoming and accommodating to their guests. This property delivers on expectations for a memorable holiday, we will continue to come back.
I stayed at Church Point 4 in February 2016 with my family for 7 nights. I'm 32 and an avid traveler, especially to the Caribbean, and this would be one of my top 3 experiences. It was my first trip to Barbados and hopefully not my last! If you're looking for a more private luxury experience with friends, family or a loved one, this is your spot. Here are my top 5 highlights/tips for Church Point and Barbados:
1. The staff was great! There is a maid who makes sure the house is spotless, gardeners keeping the property looking beautiful, security at night for added peace of mind, and a private chef included in your stay. I've been told they are all long time staff of the property. I thoroughly enjoyed becoming acquainted with Bajan cooking, and my favourite dish was the Flying Fish - something I've only ever seen in Barbados. You can also make requests if you have dietary constraints - they are very accommodating to any request. Odd side note: we went to a local grocery store to pick up groceries and they sell the most delicious tomatoes! I couldn't get enough of them. Taste way better than the ones we get off-season in Canada.
2. The villa is stunning! Has an inviting Caribbean vibe to it. I love the open concept living room doors that open up to the backyard dining area. My family congregated there each night for a siesta on the couches followed by our Bajan dinners together. The space is really great for family time! We often hung out at the table and played games and enjoyed some wine after dinner.
3. Great location! To be honest, I spent most of my time at the beach or on the property, but when we wanted to explore the town, we could walk most places or take a quick drive in our rented car. There's lots of world renowned restaurants, a luxury mall, grocery store, and really cool local bars all a stones throw away. But more importantly, the villa is located right on the beach! 10 steps and my feet are in the water.
4. Activities: besides having some of the top restaurants in the world, Barbados has a lot to offer for those who are active. There was paddle boarding nearby for $50 USD but I think the owner recently bought paddle boards for the property. There villa has lots of snorkel gear and they had yoga mats so I did yoga almost every morning before the rest of my family woke up. Off-site there is surfing (need to drive to get to the surf schools), long beaches for those who want to go for an early morning run/walk, and snorkelling tours for those who want to explore the beautiful coral reefs. We also had the great fortune of going sailing on a catamaran with just the family. They provided a delicious lunch and stopped at various locations for us to jump off and swim or go snorkelling. Make sure you bring lots of sunscreen, I got a bad burn from forgetting to re-apply! Lastly - take a day trip to Crane Beach and go for lunch at a resort with one of the most stunning views I've ever seen. It's built on the top of a cliff overlooking the Atlantic ocean. We went swimming/boogey boarding at Crane beach as well. Be careful if you're not a confident swimmer, the waves are strong on the atlantic side :)
5. The weather: we had 8 straight days of hot sun and blue skies!
Tips for first time travellers to Barbados or Church Point:
- We are Canadian but payed for almost everything on the island in USD. Bring lots of cash for tips, activities, beach restaurants, etc.
- It's not cheap like Cuba. Don't expect to get "deals" - everything costs the same as it does in the US/Canada.
- rent a car (or a boat): it's the best way to see the island if you want to explore.
- The house is 2 floors (bedrooms on the 2nd floor) and has a really large and beautiful guest suite! 6 of us fit comfortably
- the villa is very private, you don't see any of your neighbours.
- Everywhere you go, everyone is so friendly and helpful. I always felt welcomed and safe :)
- Go to Cin Cin by the Sea for dinner. get an early reservation to sit outside and watch the sunset!
- celebrities near by? Rhianna, Justin Bieber and Simon Cowell have been spotted on the nearby beaches :)
My husband and our four adult children stayed at this beautiful home by the ocean . The sunsets were amazing as we were right on the beach . We were able to take long walks on the beach and go swimming everyday and listen to the ocean as it lulled us to sleep . The house was spacious and it has a nice outside living space for family dinners and a nice private garden to retreat to after a day at the beach . Our hosts were Annabelle and Natalie who made sure our days were delicious and carefree. Natalie cooked amazing healthy traditional Bajan meals while Annabelle had our beds made and the house tidied every day . The friendly gardener and security guard in the evening hours rounded out our experience with the friendly Bajan staff. We were able to rent a car to see the island including Crane beach and were lucky to go on a sailing excursion to a marine park and swim with sea turtles . This is one of the most relaxing vacations in a great location as you can walk to the shops and festivals in Holetown. All in all you won't be disappointed if you rent this property.
My wife and kids spent one week at this fantastic property last winter. The property is top notch. The rooms were kept clean by the maid who was there all day. The food was great cooked by the cook who spent most of the day preparing the meals. The beach is only 40 feet from the property the water was warm and the beach went in for miles this was our favorit vacation and we hope to be back again this upcoming winter
Paradise in Barbados!!!! This was my 4th visit to House 4 Church Point. The house is situated in the best location in Barbados, walking distance to famous restaurants, lime grove mall, and beachfront to one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Natalie and Carlotta - the house chef and maid are fantastic!! Their service is great and you will never have a bad meal here.... The food is phenomenal ! Make sure you try the Bajian Flying Fish and Mac & Cheese (my favorite). I am already counting down the days until my next visit !