7,606 results
All reviews fish the thomas cook rep meal times kids club bar staff speak english plenty of sunbeds spanish hotel fantastic holiday bad reviews spanish families welcome meeting kids pool family resort pools are great branded drinks nightly entertainment
Reviewed 7 October 2015

About Barcelo Punta Umbria Resort I have lots to say. First of all it is a huge complex.
So the best is to go point by point:
The Rooms are clean modern and big. I would say they have to be more careful with maintenance and conservation. You pay the safe in your room 3€ (I didn’t see this for a long time)… hello isn’t it ALL INCUSIVE!!
The Pool - 2 big outdoor pools. If you change your towels you pay!!! Have they thought about public health??? People staying 7, 10, 15 days with the same towel!!!! Never seen such thing!
The restaurants – There are 4 restaurants and you rotate through all of them. The system is quite dictatorial I would say, which I kind of understand because during peak of summer they have 3000 people in the hotel. At check-in they give you a time table to which you have to stick they schedule for you at what time you must have lunch or dinner and in which restaurant. When you are on holidays you don’t want to stick to schedules. At lunch time it was mostly the same food every day, but at night I must say the restaurants had good food, our favorite was the fish restaurant.
Drinks – I was terribly disappointed with the drinks in all inclusive system. In the Restaurant you could only have pressure drinks. Even the wine and the Bear were pressure drinks. The bottles had an extra cost. I wouldn’t expect to have special wines but at least 2 or 3 to choose. At the bars during day and night it was the same. And the cocktails were prepared! I would prefer water and coke than the cocktail they were serving. Sangria a Spanish drink was extra cost I couldn’t believe it. They really don’t know the meaning of ALL INCUSIVE.
The Beach - Is about a 10min walk and you have to pay for sunbeds and drinks when you get there. The walk is very nice but difficult under the sun
Location - There is not much within the surrounding areas.
The staff - all very friendly but very busy.
Entertainment – is what saves this hotel! 5 star rate for the entertainment team.
To end I must say I claimed at the manager about all my insatisfaction and they tried to compensate me with a black wristlet. Suposlly ALL INSUSIVE Premium! Do you want to know the difference???
- I didn’t have to pay the pool towel exchange
- At the restaurant I could have choose between 1 only bottle of wine the others were extra cost!!!!
- Breakfast in a different restaurant.
- That’s the PREMIUM ALL INCUSIVE!!!
I will never go back! There are so many good hotels in Spain why going back?

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank andreagartner
HotelBarceloResort, Director General at Barcelo Punta Umbria Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Dear andreagartner,

First of all we would like to thank you for trusting in our hotel, Barceló Punta Umbría Beach Resort, for your vacations and for the time dedicated to value your experience with us.

We apologize if some of our services or rules were not to your likely. They were created so as our organization could work properly in a way that might satisfy our guests. Nevertheless we consider and appreciate every suggestion that could help us improve our services and make our guests feel like at home.

We thank you again for your comments, and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

If you want to be Intimidated by a Male/Female Security Guards and if your a female this is the place to come. My mother had just passed away and all I wanted to do was relax , but for 3 nights on the trot, I had seemed to be there target?, maybe easy pickings, they did not once approach the vast numbers of loud, and drunken Polish??. 4 Restaurants advertised, 2 closed, 2 Swimming Pools advertised , 1 closed, No entertainment at night, not even a CD playing, this is NOT what Thomas Cook had advertised. So many people ill who had really bad stomachs, food always Luke Warm

Room Tip: DO NOT get rooms over the outside Bar/Pool
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Mary B
HotelBarceloResort, Director General at Barcelo Punta Umbria Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Dear Ms Mary B,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experiences with us. Regarding the misunderstanding you had with one of our security guards, I wish to mention that our security staff is frequently called to offer warnings to guests causing high volumes of noise disturbing the peace of a private property that is open to the public, as their duty requires. We would like to apologize for any trouble this may have caused you during your stay as that certainly was not our intention.

It is the moral and legal responsibility of a hotel to protect its guests and their property against threats posed, although I have taken appropriate actions to ways in which we address our in-house guests, visitors and day users, to avoid future botheration.

We hope the rest of your stay was pleasant, and welcome you in the near future in our hotel.

Best regards.

Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

For family with children, not for couples. We had a good vacacion for two weeks. Beaches and nature and wether fine. Hotel food and drinks Okay. Not excellent! Bed and room clean and excellent. You have, zo as always make your own vacation succesfully!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Astrid P

Dear Astrid P,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to Punta Umbría. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again should you visit the Huelva area again. Thank you. Take care and safe travels.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Just back after a weeks stay with a friend. No complaints about Hotel or Staff. Must agree with other comments about food being luke warm. They also had 2 sitting times with the later evening one being from 10pm. When we 1st arrived there were 4 restaurants, 2 main bars and 2 swimming pools open. On the Sunday 2 restaurants closed down, then 1 bar closed. We wanted to use the other pool for a change but when we got there the whole wing of the Hotel had shut down. Alot of the entertainment also stopped. At the start of the week they were playing games, with the winner getting an hours treatment in the spar. This also stopped after a couple of days. They had security patrolling the Hotel. On 3 occasions they approached us and were quite intimidating. They followed 2 ladies back to their room then got reception to ring them to say that someone had complained about them laughing. So what Thomas Cook advertises wasn't quite what we got.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank tj0nes123

Dear tj0nes123,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate it. As for the restaurants closing down, sadly it is that time of the year when tourists are no longer clogging our streets and our beaches, so traditionally hotels take some time off during this period. However we still offer the same quality of service with the same dedication and perseverance.

Meanwhile we would be delighted to accommodate you once again on your future trip to Punta Umbría.

Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

I visited here with my family, 4 children including one baby (9months).
The resort is lovely. It's clean and tidy, it's pleasant to walk around and
The atmosphere is lovely. I was disappointed at the lack of facilities for the warming of bottles for the baby as the rooms did not contain kettles or bottle warmers. We came at the end of season (just) and it was jus right not too many people
plenty of sun beds and no long waits for food.
Downsides is there could always be something on offer to eat such as bread sandwiches ect ect
Dinner is pretty late with four kids eating at 8pm after playing in the pool all day is pretty rubbish as kids are crabby and don't make for happy diners.
Sign posts around the hotel are terrible on the first day it took us 20minutes to find the restaurant no one could tell us as our Spanish is rubbish and nearly ALL of the staff speak it with little or no English skills so it's pretty hard to get anything.

Not jus the fact it was hard to find things but directions for where you got towels from were also pretty rubbish!
We managed the walk to the beach as its only 300m away and it's lovely, there are also a row of 3 or 4 shops for browsing or items urgently needed.
Over all I am impressed with this resort. Everything's pretty contained and my whole party seemed happy.

Top marks

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Dear moaningminn,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Barceló Punta Umbría Beach Resort for your recent visit to Huelva and most of all for being a whole family with a 9 months baby, we appreciate it.

We are glad to hear that you found our accommodation comfortable and rested well during your stay.

My apologies for any minor issues you might have experienced while staying with us. We are very proud of our staff and the service they provide to the guests and we are glad to find out that everything was resolved promptly.

We hope that you had a wonderful time exploring the city and all the landmarks located just steps from the front door. We would be delighted to accommodate you once again on your future trip to Punta Umbría.

Warm Regards,