“Parmesan on my seafood pasta - who's complaining”
Review of Bondi Trattoria

Bondi Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 407 Restaurants in Bondi
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bondi Beach
Description: Looking down over the iconic Bondi Beach, the Tratt is a true Sydney local. For 30 years this restaurant has served modern Italian food made from the best Australian ingredients and a full bar offering Australian and Italian wines, spirits and liqueurs. Under new ownership since May 2017, Joe Pavlovich and Alasdair France bring a lifetime of experience and a fresh approach to simplicity and quality.
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Traveling as a tourist isn’t easy on the stomach, you overeat or under eat (admittedly very rarely), you make poor choices of restaurants based on strangers’ reviews and you take photos to show off on social media that the food is incredible when it really isn’t and you end up paying part of your life savings on portions that your cat would shudder. So visiting our son in Sydney on his birthday and trying to find a good restaurant that wouldn’t turn us to paupers (currency being what it is now) was no mean feat. So we asked local host turned friend for a recommendation and she said trying to meet all our criteria would be impossible but why don’t we try Bondi Tratt where locals go to enjoy Italian food. I like the word locals as that would mean they would have had time to taste, criticize and either return or swear against it. First and foremost : you can’t ask for a better view, oh and while the food is mildly Italian, the portions are generous and the waiters friendly to what looked the only Asian faces there. So yes To Bondi Tratt from a weary tourist looking for food good enough to celebrate our son’s 30th birthday and pleasant enough to our credit card bill at the end of the month. By the way, yes you can take photos of the food to show off to your families and friends on Facebook and they would certainly crave with jealousy at the view.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I went with my family for dinner since we were tempted of some Italian food. Plus we were hungry.

We have been fascinated with the dishes; not also because it was delicious, but also because the portions were very reasonable! Generally, the pasta dishes ain't to be that big. They're actually more gourmet style. Well this one was all the opposite.

We ordered a saffron risotto, some chicken parmiggiano and spaghetti with meatballs, tomato & basil. It was wonderful! I personally did not like the meatballs, but my parents loved it!

I definetely recommend the panacotta for dessert. It comes with berries & almonds. It was a bit small the portion, but still very enjoyable.

I just wanna say thank you for the warming service we recieved from both the owner and our waiter. I hope we can return soon. Salud!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Being Italian I try to avoid Italian food when I travel, obviously. But then my local friend had so highly recomanded and insisted that I thought oh what the hell. The sun was shining, the surf glittering, the sand was sparkling: a typical Bondi day at its best, one that you can enjoy it while sipping a very cold bear from the table. So, yes, the menu is Italian but the Australian way, which makes all the difference both in the combination and the presentation. So, go for it, portions are hearthy, too. For breaky treat yourself to the eggs and bacon sandwich with tomato relish, it will give you the spark to start the day. Ah and Sydney rock oyster for lunch!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Great location, view and food but too pet tolerant- other guests brought their dog with them that continually barked/yelped for food and attention. The staff merely pet the dog and ignored all other guests looks of annoyance and outrage that they weren't asking these people to make their dog be quiet. A lovely meal ruined by a constant barking in our ears.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The wait staff are friendly and helpful. The location is at the southern side of Bondi Beach on Campbell Parade - view is very good. Menu is varied enough for most palates and the wine selection is reasonable and not too pricey. Go for the whole snapper, or the King fish - the steak is quite good too.