All reviewsbrisbane cbdqueen st malleye hospitalbottle shop next doorfree car parkingroom was cleanin house restaurantwould stay againbit dateddouble roomgood sizefew minutes walkcentral locationreception staffbotanical gardenssuncorpaccommodation
Reviewed 2 July 2017

the staff but particularly the manager Kevin Warmington were fantastic went over and above to help my husband and myself whilst we were in Brisbane whilst my son was receiving medical treatment following a serious car accident.
the rooms were very clean and comfortable .
The undercover parking a bonus. The price was fantastic compared to other available options in the area. will defiantly stay with them again when next in Brisbane.
I will be recommend this hotel to everyone .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Pamela W, Manager at Metropolitan Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you and I am the lucky lady who is married to him.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed for the one night whilst stopping by in Brisbane. The hotel is easy to find, free parking and extremely friendly staff.

You're looking at a 10/15 minute walk into the centre, even further if you want to go to Southbank.

Spacious rooms, comfy bed and decent bathroom! Can't complain really.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Pamela W, Manager at Metropolitan Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for your great review and so happy you mentioned my great staff.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Metropolitan Motor Inn - on the plus side underground parking was included and our welcome was warm and easy including a chat about local attractions, local transport and basic information about the hotel. The room was clean and modern. Our only issue was a fairly loud noise, possibly from an AC unit, we noticed during the afternoon and each evening of our stay; however, the source of this noise was switched off before 10pm every night so was not an issue for sleep. Some road noise but this is to be expected with the CBD location. We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Pamela W, Manager at Metropolitan Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thanks for your comments and yes we do have an exhaust fan for the kitchen that can be noisy but like your remark stated it is all off by 10pm (usually as early as 9pm). I appreciate that you have made a comment about something negative but then have added that it wasn't an issue at night.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Definitely a touch of Fawlty Towers. I have been staying at this hotel for a few years, i have always thought that it was a great place in the city and that the charges were reasonable. However one thing i have learnt in my travels is that sometimes you can't avoid bad staff. The receptionist clearly needs to learn that she is in the service industry. I had the audacity to ask for a plug for the sink in my room and what happened next was a lecture on why they don't supply plugs, 99 % of people steal the plugs and they never have provided plugs, she then went on continuously jabbering on about how i didn't park my car very well in the carpark, that they provide free wi fi etc etc, this went on for some time.

I would recommend to senior management that they perhaps provide training for her.

I won't be staying at the hotel again because of this incident, which is a shame because i have stayed at the Hotel many times, its in a great location and the rooms are nice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 56boo123

There are always 2 sides to every story. As manager I deal with any issues regarding a problem with a guest. I was asked to be at reception when you checked out to discuss the fact that you used 2 car parks instead of parking between the lines and allowing another guest to use the car park beside you. When you arrived at the desk your first words were 'I will never stay again if there is no plug in the sink'. (please note you have stayed several times before & never requested a plug). You were informed that we don't have plugs as several guests have flooded our rooms costing hundreds of dollars to dry out carpet etc. I then commented about the car park which you took offence to as you know you were in the wrong. As you were about to leave I asked if you had paid for breakfast as I had noticed you in our restaurant. Your response was that it was free. I then stated that it wasn't (please note we have never had free breakfast with a room as our rates are so low). I then asked if you had anything else but the special (cooked breakfast for $9.90) your answer was no. The restaurant staff on duty then came and told me that you also had coffee (extra $3.50). By this time you were very agitated as you had parked incorrectly & tried to leave without paying for your breakfast so you walked away in a bad mood throwing comments at me. I did respond to those comments as you were criticising me as a person.
I am sorry the situation came to this but at no time did you want to accept responsibility for your actions. The customer is not always right and should accept when they have done the wrong thing. So in the end it had very little to do with the plug but a lot to do with your attitude.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

If you want back packer accommodation at hotel rates this is for you. Room was very basic. Had to ask for milk, hair dryer etc. No mention of how much road noise there is which is constant. Restaurant chef never turned up so no dinner service. Restaurant open for limited times during day so really of no use. Says wifi in every room however spent an hour trying to connect then went to reception and was met with sorry i dont know anything about that. Finally discovered that if i sit out in the hall I can get limited, intermittent connection but very slow. Says it is 4 minutes walk from train station but neglects to say it is all up hill...and a very long steep hill at that. Overall nothing like what it says in its advertising. Definately would not recommend. In fact have stayed in better back packers! !!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Pamela W, Manager at Metropolitan Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

I am sorry you had some issues. I think your first statement is a little confusing to start with as we are a motel not a backpackers but charge very reasonable rates so some backpackers do book here so they have private facilities at a great rate.
Fresh milk (not UHT milk) is offered to everyone on arrival.
Hairdryers are available from reception on request as per our compendium. The room has just had a major renovation in the last 12 months so your statement that the room is basic is a little unrealistic. We are in an older building and in the middle of the city so some noise is expected. I have stayed in 5 star properties in Melbourne CBD and still had to put up with the rubbish bins being emptied at 4am in the morning. If you require a modern motel my suggestion is that you look at maybe paying a lot more including parking as most motels in the are charge extra.