“Happy pub”

Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Anstey
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having been for a long walk round bradgate park we came across this pub and I'm so glad we did. Iv not been in such a happy dog friendly pub in a long time. Strangers and staff alike took the time to speak to my mum, my self and the dog, it was such a refreshing change. The dog was offered treats and water and was made to feel as welcome as we were. We only had hot drinks and snack food but it was all very tasty. I will most definitely be traveling from the opposite side of Leicester to visit this gem of a pub again, keep up the good work as it is much appreciated, Cheryl

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Good quality food, smart clean venue. Although a special menu for the day there was no atmosphere for the special day. Even a pub quiz going on

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Went with friends for a catch up, food and a few drinks. The service was good, but the food lacked a little flavour. I had the chicken and leek dish which was nice, normally leeks have a strong flavour to them, but not on this occasion, not sure what they had done to them. The wine was good and we had a good catch up!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went to the crown Saturday night as they had a Motown act on. As per the staff were friendly and welcoming with a good atmosphere before it started. Once the act started most of the pub were on their feet joining in! Brilliant night! No food eaten this time but have before and it's always on point. Roast potatoes are always a winner! Will keep returning!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Having lived in the Anstey New Build Development (just behind the Crown) for 2 years and six months, it is crazy to think it was the arrival of our family friends from Kansas in the US for us to visit this pub (since we moved in).

We visited the pub on Saturday evening and my American friends had a brilliant evening! There was a singer delivering American Motown classics and a great Elvis track.

The barmaids were very friendly and paid great attention to our American friends. The drink was very well priced and there was a good range available.

The evening atmosphere was very good and everyone was very friendly.

We then visited the pub again on Sunday afternoon for a drink and my daughter enjoyed playing on the Bouncy Castle (with the other local children).

For a long period in 2015 this pub was closed and it is great to see it open and being very busy during both the evening as well as the day time.

I hope it continues to be busy.