“Good selection of vegetarian dishes and friendly staff”
Review of Mitran Da Dhaba

Mitran Da Dhaba
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Plympton
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We arrived and looked at the new menu and to my horror I saw only a handful of vegetarian options on the menu.I knew that this restaurant only used to serve vegetarian food (now also sells meat dishes) so I thought this was odd and asked the waitress. She was very friendly and apologised advising they were missing a page of their new menu. She promptly gave me a copy of their takeaway menu that contained the full list of vegetarian options - PHEW! So if you come for vegetarian food and the new menu hasn't yet been rectified so there are only a few choices on the menu ask for the full vegetarian list.

The great thing is that you can ask for the level of heat you want in your dishes. I love spicy but my companion preferred a little bit milder so we settled on medium.

We shared onion bhaji which was great, the oil used for frying was fresh and hot. The tamarind sauce with it was good too.

We had kadaahi paneer this was a stand out dish, it was very flavoursome will definitely be ordering this again. We also had the sambar which was great flavour which I loved but was a bit watery for my liking, needed lentils for sure.

We had roti which was good and aloo parantha which was great not greasy just full of flavour.

We will definitely be back again, good vegetarian options and the staff/owner are really friendly and are happy to tailor your dish to the heat you want - going to have to work on my dining companion to get him up to spicy!!!!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Last night NYE we visited this restaurant and what a pleasant surprise. The waitress was very friendly and the food very tasty, the chef even came out and asked us if we were happy with the food and service. We can thoroughly recommend this restaurant and will certainly be returning in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

I order take-away from this place and am never disappointed, very reasonably priced and delicious menu. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Very delicious meal. Tasty, reasonably priced. Restaurant is very basic and doesn't reflect the superb delicious meal.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We been there quite a few times
Love the butter chicken